Devs, is the new slot machine bugged or is it working as intended?

arinbatastini

I ask because I seriously don't want this to be another example of an exploit when I don't realize it is one.[/Q

Well i spent a LOT like 250 euros on Hypercrates to get it other less, but yes it IS not intended alogorithm its a money machine and breaks all gathering professions currently, so expect a fix soon, until then make your daughter or son right cick that machine for hours :-) but who knows maybe they start to ban their best supporting customers that spend around 500 euros a month on crates (yes im one of them) because they cant get even half good quality testing of their code, well shrugs if that will be the case i go to some other games with my 500 euros :-) (sounds arrogant ? well im about aroound there of being VERY disapointed of the latest patches quality testing which obviously is bellow industry standards)

Edited by Rheemus

No, please don't fix it until tomorrow when everyone had the chance to buy their slot machine off the AH! :eek:

I am looking forward to finally being able to get Certificates and reputation for the cartel fraction without having to open packs. And the mats will help with conquest.

It certainly makes sense now why they pulled out the Smuggler's slot machine from the pack, and never released the Kingpin one. They had to balance it correctly, but even with the additional time, it is still a little too good to be true.

Edited by Jerba

Of course it seems "too good to be true" because previously there was no other way to obtain rep without buying packs. With that idea, Gree legacy offhands are "too good to be true" too.

Another issue is that grade 11 mats are on jawa vendors..that has effects on the economy and makes mats even easier to obtain..my opinion is that were easy enough before

THIS one i'm not sure about, but in reality, it's like the bolster thing. You can't blame people for USING something they added to the game. An exploit generally involves doing something obviously wrong, or that you have to go out of your way to trigger. This is litterally using a device off the Cartel Market. Regardless of how crazy the rewards are, you're only using an item you put in your house, in a very normal fashion.

What everyone is failing to realize here is this...

Grade 11 purple mats were added to the Jawa vendors, which require the purple mats from buying cartel packs, thus giving an unfair advantage to people who have the money to spend on cartel packs.* This creates a 'pay to win' scenario. Those who can spend a ton of real life cash can get tons of purple jawa mats, in turn getting a ton of credits from the sale of grade 11 purple mats or the items they create.

So they added in another way to get grade 11 purple jawa stuff for players who do not have extra real life money to blow on cartel packs to gain the purple jawa packs.

So, yes, I would gather it is in fact working as intended.

I smell a ton of butthurt here because peoples ways of farming credits are about to go down in the amount of credits one receives.

** Yes, I am aware you can get purple mats once a week from conquest. That is not much considering it is once a week. Yes I am aware people could buy cartel packs from GTN from the people who have a ton of real life money to buy and sell cartel packs on the GTN, that is not a solution.

My guess: working as intended, but they didn't think it through enough and it will get nerfed.

(The even more cynical side of me says they released it too good to get people to buy it, and will nerf it later.)

They can nerf it or adjust the drop ratio for the next ones, slightly.

I bet on the latter, but I've been wrong before.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Pretty sure OP is trying to disingenuously imply he was an "innocent victim" of the that other exploit.

See my other posts for details about your comment.

Part of my reason for postinng this is because of how much is on the forum lately about exploits. I asked on the forum to get the Devs to address it now as they should have for other bugs that could be exploited. If someone says yes it is an exploit or no it is not, then there will be no confusion.

See my other posts for details about your comment.

Part of my reason for postinng this is because of how much is on the forum lately about exploits. I asked on the forum to get the Devs to address it now as they should have for other bugs that could be exploited. If someone says yes it is an exploit or no it is not, then there will be no confusion.

Here's a little quick reference for you to be able to tell what's an exploit and what's not in the future:

NOT an exploit:

Pick up Item A that is meant to be used with Item B.

Use Item B.

Receive reward.

Exploit:

Pick up Item A that is meant to be used with Item B.

Travel to 3 different planets.

Take off all your clothes.

Start a warzone but leave it after 3 minutes if your team is winning.

Hide your UI.

Use Item B.

Receive 10x rewards.

Just because something may be giving unexpected rewards doesn't mean it's an exploit.

There are 2 possible explanations.

1) Working as intended.

2) Bugged and will be nerfed.

Either way, if it requires nothing outside the "normal" gameplay mechanics for the thing, it's not an exploit.

Either way, if it requires nothing outside the "normal" gameplay mechanics for the thing, it's not an exploit.

Well, according to Wildstar's definition:

The more risky or challenging an endeavor, the better the rewards should be. The flip side of that is that the more rewarding an endeavor, the riskier or more challenging it should be. If something is very easy or quickly repeatable in a short time, but gives out substantial rewards, it’s probably not working as intended.

Yes, this definitely doesn't require as much steps off the beaten path like the operations loot exploit, but it definitely provides more rewards than what is reasonable.

Of course, we can think of a few reasons why this may be working as intended, including:

• To drive down material prices and decrease inflation
  • To create a credit sink because at least some credits are sold to a vendor and forever gone
  • To create a run for the slot machine (in fact, I bought a Hypercrate today just for the slot machine)

Nevertheless, it is in no case too much to ask to let the devs know about this issue and ask what their stance on it is.

Edited by Jerba

they added in another way to get grade 11 purple jawa stuff for players who do not have extra real life money to blow on cartel packs to gain the purple jawa packs..

A Hypercrate only gives 0-6 purple mat jawa tokens with 3 per hypercrate being the mode so the pay to win scenario you believed was occurring wasn't in fact as each purple mat jawa token cost more than 1 million in credits.

So they added in another way to get grade 11 purple jawa stuff for players who do not have extra real life money to blow on cartel packs to gain the purple jawa packs.

...except that it's impossible to get the slot machine without someone spending real life money to buy a bunch of packs and hoping to draw one? What scenario are you envisioning here where this makes the mats available for free? Hoping a friend gets a slot machine and shares?

Are you going to give out sanctions for using this machine? I mean I grinded enough rep tokens to raise my Contraband reputation from zero to legend in about an hour and tons of crafting mats.

Just, you know, you're already punishing people for one unintended exploit. I'm pretty sure people don't want to compound the issue even further.

So what's the official stance on this?

Are you going to give out sanctions for using this machine? I mean I grinded enough rep tokens to raise my Contraband reputation from zero to legend in about an hour and tons of crafting mats.

Just, you know, you're already punishing people for one unintended exploit. I'm pretty sure people don't want to compound the issue even further.

There's no reason to assume this Slot Machine isn't working as intended. People need to tone down the gloom and doom a little bit.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Really? How is this in anyway the same as the Ravenger bug? This is just awesome. Like the OP suggesting he didnt know the prior bug was a bug and people slipped and fell into the rewards, then slipped and fell into 30 more times.

The internet is great I love you guys keep up the sensational work.

You can ask nicely on the fleet if there is anyone who doesn't mind to let people play on his slot machine. That's what I did.

I did, but either everyone's in their stronghold farming or they're waiting to sell it on the GTN instead of using it themselves... Oh well, around 6 more hours until the first timers expire and we can find it on the GTN. :)

I ask because I seriously don't want this to be another example of an exploit when I don't realize it is one.

Interactive. Purchase Contraband Cartel Chips from the Decoration Merchant (Fleet) or Felusia Stato (Stronghold) for 500 credits to play. Rewards include:

Scavenged Scrap, Assorted Droid Parts, Jawa Junk

Banned Holovids, Prohibited Medical Supplies, Confiscated Artwork (Contraband Resale Corporation)

Cartel Market Certificates, Golden Certificates

http://tor-decorating.com/contraband-slot-machine/

Hm, looks like the devs have left the studio for tonight. Since we did not receive a reply and all the threads about the slot machine are still up, I'd say this is not an exploit and we are free to play the slots. Only five more hours until they'll start appearing on the GTN. :D Edited by Jerba