Still experiencing the Coratanni boss reset bug in Ravagers...

The last update was interesting in terms of what has been prioritized. Nerfing comms and content seems to me to be way down on the list of fixes when compared to a bug that prevents you from completing an operation.

So, to the bug, the final boss fight in the Ravager operation pits you initially against a pair of bad guys named Pearl and Coratanni. This dynamic duo was a bit challenging for some OPs groups initially, but once the mechanics were figured out, even low geared groups were able to edge out a victory.

Except of course, when you were caught in a seemingly endless bug loop that prevents the completion of the fight. I wont go into the detailed mechanics of the fight but suffice to say that after successfully completing the initial part of the encounter we click on the escape pod to transition to the second stage with Ruugar and lo and behold the fight resets and the recently deceased (or escaped in the case of Coratanni) duo has miraculously reappeared and at full health awaiting the pleasure our group again.

Now, upon search, there are many so called fixes/workarounds for this. Exit and reset. Exit and don't reset. Exit and wait for a door. Kill in this order. Keep the dps the same until X. Push Coratanni early. Push her late. Etc. Etc. We tried all that fun stuff to no avail last night and basically gave up, went to TOS, and were eventually murdered by our friend the Underlurker (we really need the DPS to parse at least 3k each to even stand a chance and we are not quite there, haha).

The bottom line here though is why the hell are we still trying workarounds and even then failing on a final boss when there have been game updates? Why is this not a top priority? How are new weeklies, rewards, nerfing, other bogus content more important than an operation breaking bug?

Agree that the bug sucks and we got it just yesterday.

To answer your question, though, the dudes and dudettes that work on setting up weeklies and nerfs probably aren't the same that do Operation bug fixes, so they aren't more important, per se.

We had that yesterday. First we killed them both at the same time, so no second phase. We were somehow able to leave the instance and go back in to find the escape pod clickable and proceed to the next phase and complete it, but no loot and fortunately no lockout either.

Then killed the bird too quickly or something, and she enraged, killed all of us and started attacking the escape pod.

Third try we got the bird to somewhere between 5-10%, and then took Coratanni down to about 19%, thinking that that is the trigger for phase two. Nothing happened. We stopped DPS on both, then slowly took Coratanni down some more. At somewhere under 10% she switched to the next phase and from there it was smooth sailing.

And yeah, the cone AoE's did not happen.

jep... tried this boss a few minutes ago as well.

We needed 4 tries today for this boss until it worked as intended.

It's a shame... normaly we are able to clear both SM-OPs including both 1st Hardmode-encounters within one evening. Now you are again at the point spending time to figure out how play around new bugs...

Half of my guild is talking about quitting the game, just because of the bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Our group is still new and learning this fight, but we encountered this bug tonight. We had a few of our guildmates that have completed it numerous times, and were using their methods. No matter how precise we were about the percentages, and how we did it, she would bug out, and attack the escape pod, and then go all ex-wife on us. Was a very frustrating bug, especially when you are doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing.

Would be nice if it got fixed sometime. Correctly that is

I have been the leader of several raids this week & have never failed as long as people do the following,

Burn Pearl down to 15%,

Swap to Coratanni burn he to 20% stop all Dot's, slowly take her down with direct damage only until she runs, the second she starts to run stop all DPS, swap to pearl & finish her.

I have tried most of the work arounds & this one seems to work the best for my groups, does appear that any damage or taunt to Coratanni when she runs does bug it out.

Our group did what you said yesterday, it bugged.

Got out and reset phase (so the door woud appear), it bugged too, Coratanni was trying to kill the escape pod rather than using it... Or just never go for it...

And no pets/utility droids or anything of the sort were there

Anyway, I hardly think the workaround you figured is a boss mechanic

We have cleared it many times before, it's the first week that it bugged on every pull, kind of frustrating.

Edited by Eloi_BG

Well i love how if it did not happen to me then there is no bug!!!!! ..this is crazy how long has this ops been out and nothing.... one week out of 5 was not bugged and we one shot that week .... its just Sm for crying out loud...sorry just a bit frustrated.. love the game but seems like this is taking forever to fix or hear about..:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Stop attacking Coratanni when she starts to run. Had a huge fail yesterday because someone wouldn't switch to Pearl. Found that this probably is the worst version of the glitch, because no matter what we did (exiting instance, changing leader, breaking and reforming the group) it would always end with Coratanni somehow attacking us through the closed door, causing continuous wipes that we could do nothing about. Only worked after waiting for about a day, but I really don't know if waiting was what that fixed it.

Only reliable way I've found yet to reset the fight is to zone out and then zone back in as a group. Next have a tank approach the door alone but not click. Tank will get shot with Ricochet, but wait for burning debuff grenade to land. Then run back to your group and the healers keep you alive. Stand as a group while the healers heal you and the whole raid will be teleported into the room and the fight will be reset without instant-aggro from the boss pair. We still often see the Coratanni fleeing bug after we do this, so unfortunately it is not a reliable way to block out the bug from happening once it starts appearing.

Would like to see this fixed. As a sub, I'm just glad I haven't burned real money or in game credits on Ops passes as non-subs would have to do.

Our guild has had zero issues with this encounter for over 2 months now. Here's how we do it, and how we make PuGs do it:

1. After Master/Blaster, everyone zones out and leader resets the instance. This forces the door to appear as closed.

2. Put away all pets.

3. DO NOT kill Pearl before Coratanni, or let Coratanni's HP to dip below Pearl's.

4. DPS Pearl to 20-15%, then burn down Coratanni.

5. Once Coratanni transitions, kill Pearl, and then everyone stands NEXT TO the pod, BUT DO NOT CLICK

6. ***ONLY ONE PERSON CLICKS THE POD!!*** This is imperative! Only one person needs to click, as the entire group will be transported. We learned early on that if more than one person clicks, the chance of bugging increases exponentially.

Follow these very simple instructions and win!

Edited by Loomi

• 5 months later...
This is still broken. I don't know what they 'fixed' but the blatant reset wasn't it.

It might be bugged but its far from broken. Just burn cora (till she disappears) then the bird have no pets out and gg you're done. A lot of the bugs come from wiping so don't wipe :D