Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ravagers Exploit Action Update

EricMusco

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really an exploit if the game was designed like that. It's not our fault the devs stuffed up and took so long to fix it. No one has an advantage over anyone else anyway. Everyone had the same opportunity. Good luck banning the top raiders, and the people that run the fansites and write the guides.

Except... it is. By definition (in gaming terms).

Exploiting is taking advantage of a bug... there is no doubt that it was a bug opened the door... the player decided to step through... some players decided to step through over and over and over and over again...

IF the top raiders, people who write guides, and run the fansites are the egregious offenders... the game is better off without them.

Others can step up and take their place (or I'd place a wager that there are some of them that refused the exploit).

Either way, I'm more than happy to run ops with anyone... Am I the leet of the leet... nope.. doesnt mean the content can't be done... doesn't mean that others wont write new guides.

Laches is an equitable defense that can be raised in an action for breach of contract.

Or to put it succinctly, laches can trump contract terms.

Laches could apply to a specific offense, so maybe a player could use it if BW randomly said "hey, player, we see used an exploit back in January 2012, so now, in January 2015, we're going to ban you", but it sure as hell won't matter if they take action in January 2015 for a breach that occurred in December 2014.

Edited by DarthDymond

Laches could apply to a specific offense, so maybe a player could theoretically use it if BW randomly said "hey, player, we see used an exploit back in January 2012, so now, in January 2015, we're going to ban you", but it sure as hell won't matter if they take action in January 2015 for a breach that occurred in December 2014.

I feel like you could make a pattern of behavior argument, but I am not an attorney so idk if that is true.

I feel like you could make a pattern of behavior argument, but I am not an attorney so idk if that is true.

A pattern of behavior (in this case of ignoring breaches on the part of the player) would be relevant to try to show an implicit waiver of EA/BW's right to enforce the provisions of the contract, but that would be trumped by the explicit No Waiver clause.

Edited by DarthDymond

You mean after it was blowing up in general chat? Yes they did and told people to quit doing it.

I

Right. It's not like this could have just been hotfixed or anything...you know, like remove the loot and just tell players to contact CS. But other than that, it's not like they mentioned it...exactly...

L O L! That got an audible laugh outta me :)

My work here is done. :D

Say, care to hazard a guess as to what it will take for everyone to forget about Ravagers and start arguing about something new?

I mean, look at the bright side -- not many threads about Disciplines or Snowballs have been started recently ...

Edited by Khevar

It was a joke dude...

With all the exploiting going on here, do you really think the Internet is the right place to be joking around?! This is SERIOUS STUFF! Players are suffering! Think of the children man....come on...think of em...

My work here is done. :D

Say, care to hazard a guess as to what it will take for everyone to forget about Ravagers and start arguing about something new?

I mean, look at the bright side -- not many threads about Disciplines or Snowballs have been started recently ...

GREE EVENT!!!! That's bound to start soon! Then it'll be the AOE/forced PvP debate!!!

Right. It's not like this could have just been hotfixed or anything...you know, like remove the loot and just tell players to contact CS. But other than that, it's not like they mentioned it...exactly...

Don't have a clue how easy or hard it was to fix. so I can't say it could be hotfixed or not. I do know however advertising it wouldn't be the answer. I am (as said before) against wholesale bans. I am more for deleting any ill-gotten rewards and banning only those that sold/promoted the exploit. I really don't care even if they delete the ill-gotten gear. It really means nothing in the long-run.

GREE EVENT!!!! That's bound to start soon! Then it'll be the AOE/forced PvP debate!!!
HAHAHAHA Edited by mikebevo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.