The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reverse the Ultimate Commendation decision!

SebastiaanZ

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute horrible decision. I don't want to be forced to play the ops, but I do want the best gear. If I want to run SnV and TFB HM for Ult Comms let us! Don't nerf it!

Agreed. I'm cool with them getting rid of the comms in SM, but at least leave them in for HM / NiM. Bad decision BioWare. Bad.

While I mock this in other threads, I have to agree. The comms made the old Ops relevant. Without them, the rewarding content gets cut again...which is a real shame.

Yep. It was fun re-visiting older SM Ops with people. Sure, it wasn't challenging content, but it was fun. Now there won't be nearly as many players doing them, and that is a shame.

I would say that I personally feel this would not be a wise move. As it was with level 50 ops when 55s came out, so it is with 55s now that 60s are in play.

I think the incentive needs to reside with the highest difficulty in content for the best rewards.

It is a shame, however, that this will likely mean less participation in the old content.

Edited by LordArtemis

Yep. It was fun re-visiting older SM Ops with people. Sure, it wasn't challenging content, but it was fun. Now there won't be nearly as many players doing them, and that is a shame.

Therein lies the problem. It was not challenging. Therefore why should it reward gear that is nearly the best available?

Therein lies the problem. It was not challenging. Therefore why should it reward gear that is nearly the best available?

To incentivize players to do it still. Most of it is 2 year old content.

And why the hell are we worrying about this a month after launch exactly?! Isn't the damage already done?! Was 3.0 truly so sloppy and amateurish that this wasn't intended?! Again?! I like providing reasons to do old content...removing the comms is stupid imo.

To incentivize players to do it still. Most of it is 2 year old content.

And why the hell are we worrying about this a month after launch exactly?! Isn't the damage already done?! Was 3.0 truly so sloppy and amateurish that this wasn't intended?! Again?! I like providing reasons to do old content...removing the comms is stupid imo.

They still provide elite comms. That's enough incentive for old faceroll content.

Absolute horrible decision. I don't want to be forced to play the ops, but I do want the best gear. If I want to run SnV and TFB HM for Ult Comms let us! Don't nerf it!

I also would like to have the best gear, but I don't want to have to do anything to get it. Just give a full set of the best gear to a character when they hit level 10. Oh, and allow it to be equipped at level 10 also. It's not fair that level 60s can have way better stats than level 10s. That's just not right.

They still provide elite comms. That's enough incentive for old faceroll content.

I hope so...a lot of players were never even in DP or DF until recently - limiting elite coms to HM only may make it difficult to get some of them through again.

While I mock this in other threads, I have to agree. The comms made the old Ops relevant. Without them, the rewarding content gets cut again...which is a real shame.

Pre 3.0 the classic ops (Lvl 50; EV, EC, & KP) didn't award Ultimate comms... not sure why classic ops now should.

Now, that said... the number of ways to earn comms is pretty skimpy now. Personally, I would like to see a mechanism for trading up comms. (Not sure if this still exists), but at one time you could trade Warzone for Planetary. I would like to see a possible conversion from Basic to Elite, Elite to Ultimate. The conversion rate... lets say 10:1 for discussion purposes... would allow players to earn, at a drastically reduced rate) Ultimate comms from doing older content.

With the current caps of 1000 Basic, 200 (Cant remember off hand what the cap is) Elite, and 150 Ultimate...

Edit: Assuming you hit cap on Basic, you could buy 100 Elite Comms... Cap on Elite, you could earn 20 Ultimate. Any purchased Comm would count against your weekly cap. At max, its an additional 20...

The incentive is to earn the comms through those missions that directly reward them (much better return for time invested)... but there would still be some incentive or reason to run the older content. As it stands now, I have no incentive to run anything that rewards basic comms... and shortly will have no reason to run anything awarding elite comms. (unless you count gearing alts).

Edited by Drockter

To get 1 piece of gear, you had to kill 20 bosses. That is a bracer or belt. For an offhand, its 35. That little 4 Ultimate Comm reward was a great way to get people way overgeared into an Op to help newer players. If they wanted to remove it from SnV and TfB, that would make more sense and just keep it in DF and DP.

If they wanted to remove it from SnV and TfB, that would make more sense and just keep it in DF and DP.

/agree

Edit to agree with Zeta_Scorpi ( I liked his suggestion better)

I think DF/DP should have continued to award Ultimates SM/HM. SnV/TfB HM+ should continue to reward them.

SnV & TfB SM... I get it... the content was too easy for the reward.

Edited by Drockter

I hope so...a lot of players were never even in DP or DF until recently - limiting elite coms to HM only may make it difficult to get some of them through again.

16 SM will still be giving Elite comms.

The following Operations have had their Commendation rewards revised to coincide with new Level 60 content, and the encounters now reward Basic Commendations instead of Elite Commendations and Elite Commendations instead of Ultimate Commendations