Understand why the companion gear is NOT moddable.

NogueiraA

So you CAN'T pull out the 192 mods and equip yourself with it.

Yes, captain obvious but I've seen many people complaining about it.

And which is what should have clued the devs into the fact that what they were doing was a Bad Idea . Maybe somebody forgot that one of their major sources of income was selling customizable armor and weapon skins...

I agree if I was the dev I'd never give the player base anything because every time they do the "fan" ***** and noun about how much free cartel coins suck how the free speeders ugly, that titles and pets have no benefit, or xp boosts suck because they out level content to quick and bioware will beat them if they play under levelled content forcing them to skip stuff. Shame on you bioware for giving solo players a nice boost for comps and not letting people remove mods gaining gear earlier than there supposed too for shame! And in case the change it shame for screwing people who had to it the hard way like those poor souls who played at release when xp was lower and all those souls who lots imaginary money on skill. SHAME ON EVERYTHING

I agree if I was the dev I'd never give the player base anything because every time they do the "fan" ***** and noun about how much free cartel coins suck how the free speeders ugly, that titles and pets have no benefit, or xp boosts suck because they out level content to quick and bioware will beat them if they play under levelled content forcing them to skip stuff. Shame on you bioware for giving solo players a nice boost for comps and not letting people remove mods gaining gear earlier than there supposed too for shame! And in case the change it shame for screwing people who had to it the hard way like those poor souls who played at release when xp was lower and all those souls who lots imaginary money on skill. SHAME ON EVERYTHING

Did you take your meds today?

It would be cool if the costume system worked like in Rift, i.e. a second paper doll with the cosmetic gear, that can be changed for free at any time. :) If we are unlucky, we get something like in Gw2, i.e. needing a rare drop/reward item or buy it with real money every time you want to change the look. (so you are better off, ripping the mods out)

I didn't even realize some players would do that. Very good point, sir.

And which is what should have clued the devs into the fact that what they were doing was a Bad Idea . Maybe somebody forgot that one of their major sources of income was selling customizable armor and weapon skins...

Nope. But there's also one very good reason why they want us to remain subscribers right now: GTA5 PC.

Edited by Halinalle

Or ...

Just like the weapons and armour are keyed to a companion type ... the barrel, hilt, armouring, mod, and enhancement could be as well.

Obvious!*

*Since you are being so snide.

May be a pain to code, who knows. But it sure would permit me to keep all my companions looking like I want them to look! (I'll stick to the 186 or elite comm-bought 192 stuff since there is nothing in-game at the moment that is too tough for 186/192-geared toons with a 186-geared comp.)

Edited by thewitchdoctor

May be a pain to code, who knows. But it sure would permit me to keep all my companions looking like I want them to look! (I'll stick to the 186 or elite comm-bought 192 stuff since there is nothing in-game at the moment that is too tough for 186/192-geared toons with a 186-geared comp.)

You can. Just craft 192 pieces. As added bonus you can optimize the stats.

I had no idea that was even a thing. Now if he had said Saints Row: Gat out of Hell... :p

Doesn't look that interesting tbh.

The Third was fine. 4 took step to wrong direction.

Edited by Halinalle

I doubt that GTA5 (PC) is much on the radar of the typical SWTOR player.

Oddly enough, my most and least favorite moment in SWTOR was when my main was on Nar Shadda and found the speeders you could just pick up and ride (this was when Speeder 1 required level 25). Most favorite b/c Nar Shadda already had me playing 80's music a la Vice City (the only GTA game into which I really got). Least favorite because I realized that this game would never actually capture its greatness.

Oddly enough, my most and least favorite moment in SWTOR was when my main was on Nar Shadda and found the speeders you could just pick up and ride (this was when Speeder 1 required level 25). Most favorite b/c Nar Shadda already had me playing 80's music a la Vice City (the only GTA game into which I really got). Least favorite because I realized that this game would never actually capture its greatness.

I thought Vice City was the pinnacle of GTA greatness. In my case, I grew up in the '70's/'80's so that's probably a factor. Plus it had Burt Reynolds, which made the little kid in me who loved the Smokey and the Bandit/Cannonball Run movies happy. lol Couldn't relate at all to San Andreas or GTA IV ( although I did enjoy the Lost and the Damned expansion ) and never got through even halfway in either of those before uninstalling.

Edited by Zorvan

You can. Just craft 192 pieces. As added bonus you can optimize the stats.

That's not the point of the thread, now is it though. Obviously you can do that.

Bioware is offering non-moddable 192-equivalent gear.

People are complaining that such gear ruins the unique looks of their companions.

OP makes snide remark as to why it must be the way it is.

I offered alternative.

Or ...

Just like the weapons and armour are keyed to a companion type ... the barrel, hilt, armouring, mod, and enhancement could be as well.

Obvious!*

*Since you are being so snide.

Listen, anything is possible. However, not everything is realistic. Companions don't need 192 gear as it is to do any of the content you would use a companion for. So you have a choice.

You still can give your companion moddable gear and give it enough stats. Blue 178 mods are easy and cheap to get. Honestly, a companion doesn't need more than that. The dailies are easy enough.

See, I won't even bother getting that companion gear unless it looks cool. The stats are completely irrelevant for me on a companion as anything over 178 blue gear is unnecessary.

And I would much prefer BW spend their limited resources on creating more actual content than a complete new mod system for companions.

That's not the point of the thread, now is it though. Obviously you can do that.

Bioware is offering non-moddable 192-equivalent gear.

People are complaining that such gear ruins the unique looks of their companions.

OP makes snide remark as to why it must be the way it is.

I offered alternative.

It's not alternative.

Moddable = you take out the 192 mods and replace them with 172s.

Who even forces you to use those anyway?

If you want 192 mods then grind Elites or SM Ops like rest of us.

Edited by Halinalle

They are shooting themselves in the foot. I can't count how many sets I had bought for one character and then unlocked account wide to equip a companion for another character.

Anyway I have no plan to use the new companion gear, I'll get them for the earpiece and implants provided the stats don't suck and will continue to mod them. I am currently using the weapon and offhand that you get from running Rishi but can't wait till 192s become the new elites so that my comps can get their old weapon back. Treek looks stupid with that rifle trailing in the ground.

Edited by demotivator

And which is what should have clued the devs into the fact that what they were doing was a Bad Idea .

This isn't a "bad idea". It's just not something for you. How do I know it's not a "bad idea"? Because there are just as many people who are happy about this as there are people complaining.

I honestly can't comprehend why people are actually complaining about this. I understand why some people won't use this new thing, but nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. There's no reason to complain about this. We don't all play this game in the same way and for the same reasons. BW should and is creating content for all the different play styles. Some of it will be suited to yours, some if it won't. Such is life in an MMO. There's room for everyone.

This isn't a "bad idea". It's just not something for you. How do I know it's not a "bad idea"? Because there are just as many people who are happy about this as there are people complaining.

I honestly can't comprehend why people are actually complaining about this. I understand why some people won't use this new thing, but nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. There's no reason to complain about this. We don't all play this game in the same way and for the same reasons. BW should and is creating content for all the different play styles. Some of it will be suited to yours, some if it won't. Such is life in an MMO. There's room for everyone.

I'm not going to repeat everything that I wrote in previous threads, but saying that something isn't a bad idea just because [you think that] just as many people are happy as unhappy with it is some seriously flawed logic.

I'm not going to repeat everything that I wrote in previous threads, but saying that something isn't a bad idea just because [you think that] just as many people are happy as unhappy with it is some seriously flawed logic.

You said that the people complaining about this should have "clued them in that it's a bad idea". I was just following that same logic, but with the people praising it making it a good idea.

You said that the people complaining about this should have "clued them in that it's a bad idea". I was just following that same logic, but with the people praising it making it a good idea.

The post to which I was referring was short so I didn't cut out the part where the poster talked about people complaining. However, it was the "So you CAN'T pull out the 192 mods and equip yourself with it." to which I was referring should have been the clue that it was a bad idea. Sorry for the confusion.

Im actually more pissed about craftable gear that has class restriction and so cannot be worn by companions (who have no class)