Accuracy seems nearly pointless for most classes

Icykill_

I found that accuracy doesn't scale well... Even if I have 101-2 in melee/ranged it drops to 91-93 in pvp... And for me to have accuracy at 100 in pvp I would have to stack way too much and would have had to reduce lots of other stats that scale properly... I know if I equip none, then it's 90

I know it should be a more important stat, especially for some classes... But isn't it better to go for no accuracy or very little in favour of other stats that scale or atleast stay the same... ??

Also alacrity was supposed to be more important now... But in general I can't see it improving that much to warrant having it at the sort of lvls the Devs are suggesting with their current gear sets

What do the rest of you think... If you are getting better results with the higher alacrity and accuracy than without, I would be more than willing to try it out

I found that accuracy doesn't scale well... Even if I have 101-2 in melee/ranged it drops to 91-93 in pvp... And for me to have accuracy at 100 in pvp I would have to stack way too much and would have had to reduce lots of other stats that scale properly... I know if I equip none, then it's 90

I know it should be a more important stat, especially for some classes... But isn't it better to go for no accuracy or very little in favour of other stats that scale or atleast stay the same... ??

Also alacrity was supposed to be more important now... But in general I can't see it improving that much to warrant having it at the sort of lvls the Devs are suggesting with their current gear sets

What do the rest of you think... If you are getting better results with the higher alacrity and accuracy than without, I would be more than willing to try it out

O.o that's only in lowbies and midbies, if you have full 168 or 172s and 186 augs it doesn't scale down.

95% Melee or Ranged Accuracy is all you need in PVP even if you're playing a class that relies on Melee and Ranged attacks. It's easily tested with a spec like Vigilance Guardian since it has a MH weapon only and relies mostly on Melee attacks. If you run a 93% Accuracy you'll miss 2% of the time give or take a half percent. 95% and you're golden. So much of the confusion surrounding PVP accuracy comes from people conflating :PVE with PVP or not understanding offhand mechanics for classes like Gunslingers and Sents.

If you play something like a TK Sage or Lightning Sorc y it's almost irrelevant.

Edited by Plicitous

95% Melee or Ranged Accuracy is all you need in PVP even if you're playing a class that relies on Melee and Ranged attacks. It's easily tested with a spec like Vigilance Guardian since it has a MH weapon only and relies mostly on Melee attacks. If you run a 93% Accuracy you'll miss 2% of the time give or take a half percent. 95% and you're golden. So much of the confusion surrounding PVP accuracy comes from people conflating :PVE with PVP or not understanding offhand mechanics for classes like Gunslingers and Sents.

If you play something like a TK Sage or Lightning Sorc you shouldn't have any.

So youre telling me I only need 95 percent for my gunnery commando?! ****, guess I can start replacing those augments with power....

So youre telling me I only need 95 percent for my gunnery commando?! ****, guess I can start replacing those augments with power....

Pretty much. Kicker is mercs and snipers need to stack some accuracy since a lot of the attacks are ranged but sorcs don't since most of their attacks are force based. So while mercs/snipers have to give up surge or some other dps stat, sorcs don't.

Even at 95% Accuracy, my VG's Taunts seem to miss a lot. I wonder if something isn't borked.

And I remember at xpac launch Accuracy wasn't giving the proper amount of increased stats according to the 3.0 Dev changes. Was this fixed? I don't see it anywhere in the Patch notes.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Even at 95% Accuracy, my VG's Taunts seem to miss a lot. I wonder if something isn't borked.

And I remember at xpac launch Accuracy wasn't giving the proper amount of increased stats according to the 3.0 Dev changes. Was this fixed? I don't see it anywhere in the Patch notes.

They never implemented it. ANd your taunt shouldn't miss. They are fricking Tech/Force abilities.

If you play something like a TK Sage or Lightning Sorc y it's almost irrelevant.

I had a feeling this was the case... Can't understand why the Devs continue to put accuracy in gear for classes that don't need it

So what's the deal with Alacrity??... Most of the Force-Master gear is heavy with it at the expense of surge... I've started to test with less alacrity and more surge because my thinking is most abilities in fast paced pvp will be instant or instant procs with only a few casting ones used before that Mara or PT is on your arse... I'm using 2.0 Alacrity at the moment, but I feel even this might be too high... Although I see people using the sets as they come with 4+ alacrity

My theroy is if I have higher surge over alacrity I will hit harder... I see this as preferable to say getting 0.05 speed cast increase with alacrity

What do you guys think??

It's less than that,you can get by with 93% to 94%.

I run guardian with 93% and don't have any problems with missing. I think someone needs to "This is how it is meant to be" xD

Official dev statement telling everyone the right amount of accuracy should do it :p

I had a feeling this was the case... Can't understand why the Devs continue to put accuracy in gear for classes that don't need it

So what's the deal with Alacrity??... Most of the Force-Master gear is heavy with it at the expense of surge... I've started to test with less alacrity and more surge because my thinking is most abilities in fast paced pvp will be instant or instant procs with only a few casting ones used before that Mara or PT is on your arse... I'm using 2.0 Alacrity at the moment, but I feel even this might be too high... Although I see people using the sets as they come with 4+ alacrity

My theroy is if I have higher surge over alacrity I will hit harder... I see this as preferable to say getting 0.05 speed cast increase with alacrity

What do you guys think??

But 4% alacrity + Focal Lightning in Lightning... You get quite a lot of CD reduction.. Your Afliction will tick faster... And it's overall a good thing... Now the balance between alac and surge is still to calculate.