Is SoR a joke?

Jandi

It's not about not knowing how to get XP. I've levled 11 chars to 55 before the xp boost and before KDY. The point is that I *shouldn't* have to rely on OLD content to progress in an expansion I *paid* for.

With this logic, next they can just add 5 levels, slap a 20$ tag on it and add NOTHING, simply upscale old content AGAIN. If you're happy with that, great, good for you.

I'm not.

I'm really struggling to have any agreement with your complaint. Really. I sat and read all the thread from when it started last night ( I'd have commented again sooner but I was busy clicking on everything) and while some folk have made points I've agreed with about the xpac - yours just comes across as the grossest form of entitlement.

Look at it this way - you're complaining that you never reached lvl 60 in 4 hours and had to resort to doing dailies and, heaven forbid, not hit lvl 60 on the first day. If you had hit lvl 60 earlier and was left with just the dailies, would you have created a thread called "Is SOR a joke? No really I hit lvl 60 and now I only have dailies and old content?" What could they have released that could possibly have kept you happy?

As for the cost of the xpac - didn't bother me. I've spent more money on a magazine and a takeaway and they don't exactly last a long time.

While there are plenty of things that can and should be complained about in SWTOR I will never understand when someone creates a thread complaining about there not being enough experience gained in an MMO. I mean come on! Next thing folk will be complaining they have to log in to gain said experience.

I'm going to say here, OP, that in one of your previous comments you said you'd have been flamed for writing out a a long, well worded comment and instead opted for a short, not so well formulated comment. I'd of rather seen the long well constructed criticism, your short rant got me to break my moratorium on posting....

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when they calculated the SOR expansion xp, didnt think about the existing players, but new players or f2p players instead.

If you do the whole pre-story with forged alliances, then move to SOR, you become 60 before Yavin. The 4 solo forged alliance fps, gives you 2 lvls! When you originally move to Rishi, you are 57+ lvl.

Edited by Oyranos

solo modeing the two FP's on rishi is the answer. my knight was the only character that finished the 4 pre xpac fp's while 55 was the cap. and he still hit 60 before finishing rishi.

in fact I havn't touched yavin on any of my toons as I want them all caught up. is it short? shorter than rishi? please say yes..

It's not about not knowing how to get XP. I've levled 11 chars to 55 before the xp boost and before KDY. The point is that I *shouldn't* have to rely on OLD content to progress in an expansion I *paid* for.

Again, you're conflating "progressing through the content" with "reaching level 60".

Explain to us why it is that you must be level 60 when you finish the new content, I want to understand where that assumption is coming from.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Ftr, my experience was:

* Got to 1xp short of 56 before buying SoR (only bought it a few days ago, can get to that xp point in 3.0 without the expansion).

* Did the pirate sidequests on Rishi twice, did the country sidequests once.

* Did the whole expansion solo.

* Did every available quest on Yavin IV.

* Had 7 days of complimentary subscription, also have a few legacy XP buffs I think (it is my main, so probably had the least of those, if any)

* Was in a big guild, I think with the full xp bonus

* Ended up on about one third of 59->60.

This means that I gained about 3.3 levels doing all the story content, the dailies, and even some of the pirate dailies twice.

On my alts, I've noticed that forged alliances gives a lot more xp, at least two levels before even starting the expansion.

Edited by Nerfington

The mention of the dailies in Rishi makes me think of another possible issue.

Many of the people who've posted about "coming up short" of level 60 have mentioned doing the content in a single day.

I wonder how many people who haven't had the issue took a few days to do the Rishi content, giving them extra XP from doing the "challenge pirate gangs" dailes, etc.

No, really. I finish Yavin and I'm sitting at lvl58. I'm supposed to grind dailies for the last level and a half? While sitting at 1k comms with literally nothing worth using them on.

This is all you can come up with? An afternoons worth of content? Other MMO's release more content as free content patches. Hell, WoW's daily areas have more content than this.

Bud this happens when you skip content *******, I don't know what you been doing but I took my 55th level guy and ran every mission it gave me on Risha & Yavin and easily got to 60 without a problem so I don't know what you been skipping.. Edited by Legolose

I took 4 days to finish SOR, even went back and did the Rishi dailies twice and didn't make level 60 by the time I finished. I really wish I knew that the secret is for people who are claiming to have reached 60 so easily. I didn't skip anything (except that one bugged one that I couldn't finish), wasn't playing a stealth char. The only thing I can think of is that two things might have happened:

1) FA quests - this has been mentioned a million times, but if you had already done these, you automatically miss out on almost 2 levels of content post 55.

2) Mob density? I did SOR during the early access week and I recall thinking that there weren't that many mobs to kill as I ran around. Mob density IS less in this expansion, but maybe there were so many people running around killing them all that I missed some? (I recall having to make several circuits through areas just to find enough mobs to kill to get the right count for certain quests.) Honestly, this theory is kind of weak, but I can't think of anything else.

Makeb also did not get me from 50 to 55, for the record. All my chars had to do other content first before going to Makeb or they ended up behind.

I think both expansions were designed this way. Maybe some people are just going out of their way to seek out extra mobs.

Edited by CloudCastle

Bud this happens when you skip content *******, I don't know what you been doing but I took my 55th level guy and ran every mission it gave me on Risha & Yavin and easily got to 60 without a problem so I don't know what you been skipping..

no that's not it at all.. there's loads of people that's done all of it and still did'nt hit 60

it's because they count the forged alliance as part of the content.. only problem is it was released before you could gain xp from it so most peoples mains have allready done it.. thus missing 2 levels worth of content.

also when raising the level cap i'd say it's pretty fair to expect there to be enough content to actually get you there.

I played a Marauder.

That however, is completely besides the point. Even if I played a stealth class, having to grind mobs or having to grind dailies just to level is retarded. It was ok 15 years ago, not today.

Some one did not use Xp boost why i say this is i was 59 by the time i left Rishi it the way your playing the content. I leveled a few toons through both Rishi and Yavin and was 60 with out dailies. So in other words your doing it wrong.

forged alliance

I Did not do forged alliance still hit 60 with no dailies and went through both RIshi and Yavin. I was 60 half way through Yavin. It is because people are cheap and don't user XP boost and be in guilds with 10% XP gain and think this game is a solo game.

no that's not it at all.. there's loads of people that's done all of it and still did'nt hit 60

it's because they count the forged alliance as part of the content.. only problem is it was released before you could gain xp from it so most peoples mains have allready done it.. thus missing 2 levels worth of content.

also when raising the level cap i'd say it's pretty fair to expect there to be enough content to actually get you there.

There's more than enough content to get to 60 just in SoR, just not necessarily in one session. My main had already ran all of FA before SoR, and I started SoR on day one of early access. I had a few XP Boosts saved from previous class missions, and I didn't even use them all before I hit 60 over the course of a few days only playing SoR content. I think I ended up doing the Rishi Dailies 3, maybe 4, times, and the Yavin ones twice. I was 60 before I finished the Yavin weekly.

If we were meant to get to 60 in one continuous session without repeating a single Daily, why would anything else need to give XP?

No, really. I finish Yavin and I'm sitting at lvl58. I'm supposed to grind dailies for the last level and a half? While sitting at 1k comms with literally nothing worth using them on.

This is all you can come up with? An afternoons worth of content? Other MMO's release more content as free content patches. Hell, WoW's daily areas have more content than this.

take a look at STO delta rising, its the new trend for FTP mmos.

I Did not do forged alliance still hit 60 with no dailies and went through both RIshi and Yavin. I was 60 half way through Yavin. It is because people are cheap and don't user XP boost and be in guilds with 10% XP gain and think this game is a solo game.

no one told me when i bought the product that there wouldn't be enough XP to hit the new level cap.. if that was the intention i'm sure they would have stocked the cash shop with all kinds of XP boosters in preparation.

There's more than enough content to get to 60 just in SoR, just not necessarily in one session. My main had already ran all of FA before SoR, and I started SoR on day one of early access. I had a few XP Boosts saved from previous class missions, and I didn't even use them all before I hit 60 over the course of a few days only playing SoR content. I think I ended up doing the Rishi Dailies 3, maybe 4, times, and the Yavin ones twice. I was 60 before I finished the Yavin weekly.

If we were meant to get to 60 in one continuous session without repeating a single Daily, why would anything else need to give XP?

all quests give xp thats just how it is. after you reach cap it's converted into credits instead. that doesnt mean you should count dailies as part of the leveling content.. it's there for another reason.(reputation grinds)

no one told me when i bought the product that there wouldn't be enough XP to hit the new level cap.. if that was the intention i'm sure they would have stocked the cash shop with all kinds of XP boosters in preparation.

Agreed. You should not have to pay cash for XP boosts to level to max with the xpac. By the time you're done with the xpac, you should be at max, with just doing the xpac content.

I am on Rishi and halfway through 59 on one character, and I am still not done with the planet. To be fair though I am killing pretty much anything I see.

That, imo, is key to leveling. People are so accustomed to skipping "trash" that they don't think twice about doing it while leveling. When I'm leveling, everything that's red is bonus XP...and the bonus quests are absolutely necessary as well (kill 20 sea creatures type stuff). I think a lotta people skip mobs and then wonder why they're under leveled.

I love seeing the number of respondents that have literally leveled 1 toon to 60, and think, because they had no problem with xp, the problem must be the OP. Leveling 1 toon does not make you an expert.

I'll repeat it for all of you neophytes: If you already did the Forged Alliances story arc, the expansion leaves you 1.5-2 levels short on content.

And yes, RotHC had the same problem. This is a problem. It's not a a feature. It's a sad state of affairs that BioWare creates an expansion that doesn't get the player from 55-60, without going back to old content, using xp boosts, being in a +10% guild, taking 6 extra days to do Yavin dailies repeatedly, grinding on champion mobs, doing old operations content, and/or pvping for 20 hours.

RotHC had the same problem. This is a problem. It's not a a feature. It's a sad state of affairs that BioWare creates an expansion that doesn't get the player from 55-60, without going back to old content, using xp boosts, being in a +10% guild, taking 6 extra days to do Yavin dailies repeatedly, grinding on champion mobs, doing old operations content, and/or pvping for 20 hours.

So really what you're saying is - you only want to do it once and be maxed out. Is that the crux of the problem here. You're unhappy that they made new content and don't want to repeat anything in order to hit the level cap?

So say the did a patch, anyone who does SOR is guaranteed to hit 60 first run. Will you be back on the forums complaining that the content was to short and now all you have left to do is dailies and a couple of new ops?

Personally I'd have been happy not to have hit 60 as early as I did, I agree with a lot of folk who say that it is a tad short, however I still very much enjoy Rishi and Yavin. But then I don't seem to have a problem with gaining XP in a game that literally has INFINITE XP to earn.

I guess I'm just never going to understand folk who rush everything and then complain about it :confused:

So really what you're saying is - you only want to do it once and be maxed out. Is that the crux of the problem here. You're unhappy that they made new content and don't want to repeat anything in order to hit the level cap?

So say the did a patch, anyone who does SOR is guaranteed to hit 60 first run. Will you be back on the forums complaining that the content was to short and now all you have left to do is dailies and a couple of new ops?

Personally I'd have been happy not to have hit 60 as early as I did, I agree with a lot of folk who say that it is a tad short, however I still very much enjoy Rishi and Yavin. But then I don't seem to have a problem with gaining XP in a game that literally has INFINITE XP to earn.

I guess I'm just never going to understand folk who rush everything and then complain about it :confused:

100% agree.

This is as simply as I can put it, if you *still* don't understand then I'm at a loss, because I'm not going to draw pictures for you people.

The xpac could last 5 minutes or 200h, it makes NO difference to the point. Which is that new content should be enough to reach the new cap. If it takes a year or a second is irrelevant.

If you're happy to pay extra to play OLD content, again, good for you.

Edited by Jandi