The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can level 50 ops be run with a 4-man geared team w/companions?

Hey everyone! I have theorized that a fully-geared team of 4, with geared companions, could potentially run the 2 or 3 lowest-level ops successfully. I have not put it into practice, however, because I can't find anyone with nothing better to do than attempt a run on a hunch lol. I have next to no experience with ops, only ever completed a run once, and it took twice as long because I got shut out of one of the boss fights and had no clue what I was doing. I want to get some of the achievements, and to see the story content, please message me here or in-game if you want to form a story mode ops group or attempt a run with companions. I may be talking nonsense to some of you more experienced players, but again, I know nothing about ops and am just feeling around for answers. If anyone else thinks this is possible, knows it isn't, or has any interest whatsoever, please let me know here. Thanks!

My main is listed as signature, I am on the Ebon Hawk server, contact me if interested.

Edited by Kmsmothermon

I'm pretty sure companions can't be used in ops, as for getting groups together it would help if you said your server and toon name for people to message you, also I be willing to bet those ops could be done with just 2 people especially if both are lvl 60 and in decent gear

Companions can't be summoned as soon as a group of 4 players is together, whether the Op group consists of 4 or 24 members isn't even that important. No idea if it's theoretically possible to summon comps in an Op. However, I've heard tales of EV being done with 4 even on lvl 55.

Aside from a few mechanics you could probably solo the level 50 ops at 60 in sm/hm. You can duo them probably but could very easily do it with 4. Hell, we just 4 manned nightmare EC a couple weekends ago with ease. So KP and EV should be a cake walk I'd think.

Considering that while we were all level 55, my guild cleared the storymode versions of DF/DP/S&V (operator IX NEEDS 8 people) with a 4-man team, I'd say that it's very doable. HM probably less so because some bosses require a tank swap and hit hard enough to actually need a tank. Edited by naldoran

I did SV HM with 4 people when we where still level 55 and I know pelara and aredun from my guild have a long running tradition to 2-man or atleast 3-man most SM opses.

yes, its very doable, I would even consider lvl 50 ops soloable or 2-man able depending on your class

Hey everyone! I have theorized that a fully-geared team of 4, with geared companions, could potentially run the 2 or 3 lowest-level ops successfully.

I already did so - my group members were already level 60 and overgeared, if I recall this correctly, meanwhile my character ( a Gunslinger ) was level 58 or so.

Plus, we were only 3 ( ! ) people, with one level 60 Companion, if I recall that correctly ( at least the icon was visible ).

We did Karagga's Palace and The Eternal Chamber this way.

Story Mode, mind you.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I already did so - my group members were already level 60 and overgeared, if I recall this correctly, meanwhile my character ( a Gunslinger ) was level 58 or so.

Plus, we were only 3 ( ! ) people, with one level 60 Companion, if I recall that correctly ( at least the icon was visible ).

We did Karagga's Palace and The Eternal Chamber this way.

Story Mode, mind you.

You can not summon companions in an operation.

How do you get past the 3rd (?) boss in EV that requires each person to fight one mob?

You mean the infernal council? Pretty easy, kill them one at a time. You only get the debuff that reduces your damage/healing to zero if you attack one of them that is already fought by someone or if you try to fight 2 or more of them simultanously(is that spelled right? seems wrong :o). If you kill em one by one, it's fine.