How would you rank the four "op/fotm" classes in 3.0 (Sorc, Sin, PT, and Jugg)?

Volxen

OK. I will comment on sorcs that I main and are the only class I had time so far to level to 60 (I usually play alts as a sin and a sniper mainly among having all other classes except from jug sitting at somewhere 50-55).

People call them OP and they usually refer to madness spec after seeing high amounts of damage and heals. The numbers come by an ability called pestilence that instantly spreads the dots to whoever it hits, and it might be to some extend effective in the long run and healer pressure tactics. However it was something that sorcs never asked for because single target dps is laughable as of 3.0 even with dots and FL cast (without FL is a utter joke) and also because right now they have become highly immobile as they need to spend more time on their filler which is a channeled ability. On the other hand their survivability with the self-heals is probably a bit too high.

Regarding lightning, in general it is in a nice spot. They only need to tone down force storm which is stronger that it should be, and a small buff to the single target burst abilities like thundering blast and/or lightning flash cause they hit nowhere near as much other burst specs abilities (1.5s ambush for 15k, really?)

Also closing comment about sorcs that it is an easy class, explain to me how about only a small portion of sorcs can actually do damage while the rest like on 400-800 dps.

Regarding sins, hatred is over-tuned. Unlike sorcs madness it does have decent burst and better uninterruptible and mobile sustained, best dcds out of all classes at the moment, and is unkitable.

Powetechs have crazy burst, are unkitable with the long duration and short cd of hydraulic overrides, and they far from squishy with their dcds.

Jugs they are in a good spot since the buff of ED but they are no longer the top OP class, that goes by far to hatred sins.

Edited by MusicRider

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno why everyone says guardian > sin.

I beat a madness sin's *** 1 v 1 in alderan today, we were both equally geared and he knew his stuff, as did I.

AND he got the jump on me. even if he was deception, he 'might' have been able to global me on the opener if he was lucky with crits..but yeah.. I looked at deception before I deleted my sin and went "lol..no, seems madness is still better"

I use vigilance 'of course'

I beat a madness sin's *** 1 v 1 in alderan today, we were both equally geared and he knew his stuff, as did I.

AND he got the jump on me. even if he was deception, he 'might' have been able to global me on the opener if he was lucky with crits..but yeah.. I looked at deception before I deleted my sin and went "lol..no, seems madness is still better"

Doesn't really sound like he knew anything tbh.

Once I beat a level 10 Gunslinger with my my level 10 Vanguard. .

Having played them all, I would say:

1. Shadow

2. Guardian

3. Sage

4. Vanguard

...with my Shadow being a distant first. That Deflection CC immunity is completely over the top.

This is about right, with Shadow and Guard quite a bit ahead of sage/vanguard.

Edited by MotorCityMan

For who is calling a buff to operatives, IMHO they are balanced.

I'd call maybe a nerf about 100% immunity while rolling out..their Defens are rly strong. Defens screen too, is really good.

If you increase their damage while keeping actual def, it would be too much imho.

For who is calling a buff to operatives, IMHO they are balanced.

I'd call maybe a nerf about 100% immunity while rolling out..their Defens are rly strong. Defens screen too, is really good.

If you increase their damage while keeping actual def, it would be too much imho.

Immunity roll is their only real survivability. That is what has made them balanced. Nerfing that is would relegate them back to regs. I honestly think they are fine as is. I don't feel like I need more damage. Even so there are classes with better damage and better survivability.

Edited by Saikochoro

Immunity roll is their only real survivability. That is what has made them balanced. Nerfing that is would relegate them back to regs. I honestly think they are fine as is. I don't feel like I need more damage. Even so there are classes with better damage and better survivability.

Sorry but, Defens screen? It absorbs a really good part of damage. And it has a really low CD. Plus Passive Heals.

These with rolling immunity is GREAT. But with actual their damage is Balanced imho.

Sorry but, Defens screen? It absorbs a really good part of damage. And it has a really low CD. Plus Passive Heals.

These with rolling immunity is GREAT. But with actual their damage is Balanced imho.

Defense screen is weaker than static barrier and has a longer cooldown (for comparison). Absorbs maybe 5k. They increased the cooldown with patch. It is nice when tied with probes (semi passive). What I was saying is that right now I think they are where they should be at. I don't think they need buffed or nerfed. But what made them get there is the roll immunity. They needed a burst mitigation and they got it. Sure they gave up a little bit, but what they got in return has made them viable and balanced IMO. Some ops will argue with this to the death though. Roll still has a counter (stuns/roots). In ranked matches I can still basically global other concealment ops (with another one of my teammates) if we both use our stuns and roots properly. That is all good with me. Ops have a chance now....a fairly good one IMO. There are classes that are significantly better than concealment ops though (shadows for one example).

Edited by Saikochoro

I've had HSM pop my shield and still do 3-4k damage a few times (then again HSM can crit pretty dang hard). Maybe it is 7-8k. I don't take the utility that buffs shield probe. You may have fought some ops that do take it. Either way I don't think it needs buffed. I'm fine with where ops are.

I've had HSM pop my shield and still do 3-4k damage a few times (then again HSM can crit pretty dang hard). Maybe it is 7-8k. I don't take the utility that buffs shield probe. You may have fought some ops that do take it. Either way I don't think it needs buffed. I'm fine with where ops are.

Well obviously if the heatseeker crits, some damage will come through, but if it does not Defense Screen could easily absorb both the HSM and the tracer.

try 7 or 8k. I have repeatedly seen defense screen eat a entire tracer + heatseeker combo and not pop.

I know ppl are tired of hearing me complain about merc's terribad heals, but...I constantly med shot myself when I'm not attacking (and, of course, when stuck in combat and have nothing else off cd). constantly. anyone nearby who needs a top off. literally whenever I can't attack someone. two WZs in a row, a sniper had 1k more heals than me and then 1k less. iunno what the (**& mercs were doing with their off heals or in what format that they needed to be dropped into the heart of mout doom, but...jesus! you've got snipers healing themselves at the same clip as mercs, but the sniper's heal is passive and the merc's eats a gcd every time. lol

Well obviously if the heatseeker crits, some damage will come through, but if it does not Defense Screen could easily absorb both the HSM and the tracer.

No argument there. I've seen some poop damage from HSM and tracer before. So disappointing when they don't crit. Wouldn't you agree?

I know ppl are tired of hearing me complain about merc's terribad heals, but...I constantly med shot myself when I'm not attacking (and, of course, when stuck in combat and have nothing else off cd). constantly. anyone nearby who needs a top off. literally whenever I can't attack someone. two WZs in a row, a sniper had 1k more heals than me and then 1k less. iunno what the (**& mercs were doing with their off heals or in what format that they needed to be dropped into the heart of mout doom, but...jesus! you've got snipers healing themselves at the same clip as mercs, but the sniper's heal is passive and the merc's eats a gcd every time. lol

No doubt mercs need some better self heals. I get the feeling the devs were just trolling you guys in 3.0 in the self heal department. Emergency scan 21 sec cooldown...seriously? Should be more like 10 seconds and have a utility that makes it auto crit or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.