Do people who PvP on Sorcs actually think they are good at this game?

Beakertanks

I agree, people are complaining about PTs, sorcerers, assassins, juggernauts and operatives. This is 5 out of 8, not too bad. If they buff mercenaries, marauders and snipers a little, the game might be fine (two of them just need increased survivability to be ok).

I would prefer that they nerf them down to something resembling common sense and role (e.g., ranged dps, melee dps, heal, tank...and only good at that). but such nerfing would be antithetical to the idea of xpacs, level caps, and leeching more money.

while a lot of people have played sorcs from the start because "derp im darkside and like lightning" a lot of people have shifted towards them because they are over powered. atleast since late 2.X patches. Now in 3.0, a lot of sorcs have "vanguard syndrome" where they all woke up and magically thought they got better over night :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrawny 10-year-old with a Colt 9mm over a Crossfit champion with a broomstick any day.

Yesterday my level 53 Sage met an level 60 Sorc in ( ! ) the Republic ( ! ) base of Sector X ... He was constantly throwing snowballs at me, like a child.

At one point I thought : "Maybe he is one of those non-exploiters who just wants to have a little bit of fun ?" and threw a snowball at him as well.

I knew that this would get me flagged, but from his childish snowball-throwing I had expected different behaviour from him - instead of him attacking me instantly with some DOTs.

Of course he won - he was level 60.

However, when I asked him why he did attack a level 53 while being at level 60, he told me : "Well you are a Jedi, that explains everything."

Either he was an role-player (indeed it's an RP server I'm on), or he merely used role-play as an argumentation shield and as an excuse to attack people with lower levels ...

What is still a riddle to me is why the base never attacked him - or did he defeat every NPC already ? ( I don't remember anymore, since I was there between 2 missions. )

In the chat I got the answer that he was around there for ours already - which means that he probably never got attacked in the first place ? Is this a bug ?

while a lot of people have played sorcs from the start because "derp im darkside and like lightning" a lot of people have shifted towards them because they are over powered. atleast since late 2.X patches. Now in 3.0, a lot of sorcs have "vanguard syndrome" where they all woke up and magically thought they got better over night :rolleyes:

Well tech speaking Sorc SHOULD be the most OP class since it's the Palpatine class....DUH.....UNLIMITED POWWWWAH!

Does everyone that sees a sorc automatically think ZOMG FOTM NOOB! I had my lightning sorc pre 3.0 and I have my lightning sorc post 3.0

Every class I take a week or so with at max level I learn to play effectively. If I'm on my deception sin, lightning sorc, tank jugg, marksman sniper (currently shelved as I play other ac's), AP PT pre 3.0 (haven't toyed with it since SoR as I prefer force using classes for the most part).

So yes, I do think, as I zip around warzones zapping the crap out of the crying unwashed masses, that I am good at this game.

Edit: I'd also like to note that I play for objectives and team support. I don't chase dps numbers either, and I'm typically at the top of the leader board. As are the guildies that run with me, for the most part. :o ZOMG he groups with 1-3 people to pvp!? PREMADE!

lol seriously.

Edited by VulgarMercurius

There is little doubt that there are good Sorcs that have played since Beta/launch ect and they play because they like the class. The ISSUE is all the fotm kiddies now rolling Sorcs because they think they are the **** which they are...far OVERBOARD. Then trash talking in WZ to the Pub side because they were obviously raised with no manners. Bio seriously ****ed up with making Sorcs so powerful why bother playing another class if all you're interested in is facerolling everyone else?

It's making PvP for the Pub side almost unplayable, esp in the 4v4 where you'll get 2 Sorc a Sin and a Merc then the Pub side may as well quit then and there. I have never seen so many ppl quit a WZ so fast as I do since this patch and there is a valid reason for it. Noone wants to PvP when the opposite faction has such an edge over then all the time.

I've healed against sorcs and I've played a sorc and trust me, dot spread + force storm is insanely opd and most likely gonna get the nerf bat.

Good, as a former main sorcerer, I would love for them to take back the dot spread and give me my spike damage back. The AoE is out of control though, storm is pretty insane.

Not sure what server everyone is on... But there has been a big decrease in people playing Sorcs in pvp on Harbinger...

I've played the last 4 days, about 8 hours each day and I can say I was the only Sorc in about 70% of matches... Out of those 30% when other Sorcs were on my team... I only saw 1 that was decent... The rest did no more than 300-400k dps and absolutely no healing

My guess is that the bad players have realised they are now being targeted first and other people have learned tactics to counter them... I suggest people take some time to learn those tactics or ask some of the better players before calling Sorcs OP and needing a nerf

Yes I play a Sorc... Been my main since launch... Seen them go from OP to nearly pointless in pvp for nearly 2 years... I never stopped playing this toon in pvp... I had to adjust tactics each nerf... It got to the point that a dps sorc was only useful as a utility class... For annoying people... But if they were left alone by their own team, they became a squishy kill for nearly every class

While ever other class got buffs and higher damage, the Sorc kept falling further behind... Eventually everyone's mentality was to just considered them an annoyance and an easy kill...

Now that we are on a more balance playing field you are all whinging because you can't get the easy kill and may actually have to try harder and fight for that kill... God for bid a Sorc might actually fight back and kill you... LoL

I think you all need to calm down and wait for everyone to get use to the new disciplines... Even now I am seeing better than Average Maras/Sents emerging after everyone complained how they were unplayable now... People have started to work out how to counter VG/PT... People have worked out how to counter Sorcs...

Sure some classes aren't as viable as others in 4 man... This will nearly always be the case... Bio seem to rotate classes through this process of making some viable and others not... But in 8man all classes are viable if you learn to play as a team instead of running off to death match

This. And it's extremely tiresome.

Ill quote myself because I don't feel like typing and pasting it all again. Its funny when we actually post screen shots of the problem, people still say sorcerers and assassins are ok.

This.

Seriously though, if Sorcerer / sage and shadow / assassin weren't so powerful, explain how this is usually the case now in warzones.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/mmm_buddah23/Screenshot_2015-01-03_16_54_50_843732_zps30688270.jpg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/mmm_buddah23/Screenshot_2014-12-31_16_24_46_841579_zps27db3bf4.jpg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/mmm_buddah23/Screenshot_2015-01-04_00_48_41_752867_zps94f993d3.jpg

Notice a trend here? Almost ALL players are picking sorcerer / sage and assassin / shadow now adays in warzones.

Now look what happens when there is a mixed bag.....

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/mmm_buddah23/Screenshot_2015-01-04_00_49_15_570801_zps7abf74e9.jpg

Clearly there is a problem, and CLEARLY it needs to be tweaked. There was absolutely NO REASON to buff the two most powerful classes in the game with 3.0.

Its funny cause it dont matter how much they buff sorcs most are still bad facetankers who are an easy kill on my underpowered watchman sentinel.. Sure a good one is a hard kill but.. those guys have been a hard kill since forever before they had the zillions of buffs...Sometimes i think bioware buffs them due to facetanking majority instead of the minority who are really good at the class.. Edited by AngusFTW