Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ability delay and the wearing thin of patience

Grayseven

You know who spends 2 weeks with their family over the holidays? Kids. Who the hell else spends 2+ weeks with their family?!

^ This.

I'm not sure why the holidays, lrn2 coding, etc. are even being discussed. Negligent planning is sticking it's big dumb head up, again. It's not Christmas... it's Groundhog Day (ba dum tss).

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my friends and I play on BC and we encounter the lag/ability delay on a consistent basis across numerous planets (my lowest is on DK and highest is on Yavin) and flashpoint instances since 3.0 went live. We are in different parts of the country experiencing lag at the same time (grouped and solo).

Patience: A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.

The secret to Patience is doing something else in the meanwhile.

I know they will get around to fixing it, just hope it is sooner rather than later.

I can see your point BUT have serious issue with the idea of paying for my sub for a month after paying for an expansion that in effect made the game painful to even play..

They refuse to admit there is an issue and why?? because they might have to reimburse players in some way for this past month during which the game has been borderline borked and then have the people at BW seemingly decide a couple weeks on holidays for them will make it all better.

I didn't like the changes to the talent/skill trees but I could live with it, it didn't kill me once I got use to it though I did feel it was the lazy way out of a troubling situation..

But the lag and broken crap in the game with the implementation after SoR is insane and add insult to injury they don't bother even trying to fix it for 2 weeks "for their holidays".. I worked EVERY holiday for 22 years because the world doesn't stop for holidays ..

They have taken to also ignoring customers and FAIL to read (or at least fail to comprehend) petitions and/or complaints .. frankly it is a sad state of affairs and makes me think they are just trying to milk the last dredges out of the game before closing it down

• Dev Post

First off, Happy New Years everyone! I apologize if you feel a lack of communication around this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't provided much since I do not have a status update as of yet.

Here is what I can tell you. We definitely have not forgotten about this and the team is still assessing what the cause is, and how we can begin to address it. What I am going to do is to work with the team to get a status update with as much detail as I can, by next Friday (although hopefully before then!).

Thank you again for your continued patience. We know that dealing with these issues isn't the best experience and we will get them addressed as soon as we can!

-eric

First off, Happy New Years everyone! I apologize if you feel a lack of communication around this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't provided much since I do not have a status update as of yet.

Here is what I can tell you. We definitely have not forgotten about this and the team is still assessing what the cause is, and how we can begin to address it. What I am going to do is to work with the team to get a status update with as much detail as I can, by next Friday (although hopefully before then!).

Thank you again for your continued patience. We know that dealing with these issues isn't the best experience and we will get them addressed as soon as we can!

-eric

Thank you. I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric - even telling us nothing is better than silence.

-eric

Eric im sure youre the nicest of guys in real life, but i am having trouble understanding why the hell someone k\who actually knows something isnt ever posting as bioware, i played warcraft for 7 years and have never seen this type of customer service and wow isnt the greatest either, but at least 90% when someone from blizzard posted on the forums they had some kind of info, not some reply like i gotta go ask the devs ill get back to you...and then never gets back to the playerbase

When I play the new OPs, (TOS Walkers / Underlurker and Ravagers Bulo), my character animations skip and my abilities can be interrupted by my next ability. Sometimes I don't even know if I'm hitting my target...

The lag is really bad.

I know its the holiday season, but if this is not fixed I know players will leave. 3.0 in general is loaded with bugs...

Its just not fun to have a near perfect raid pull, only to get bugged out (Underlurker)... Very frustrating...

Eric im sure youre the nicest of guys in real life, but i am having trouble understanding why the hell someone k\who actually knows something isnt ever posting as bioware, i played warcraft for 7 years and have never seen this type of customer service and wow isnt the greatest either, but at least 90% when someone from blizzard posted on the forums they had some kind of info, not some reply like i gotta go ask the devs ill get back to you...and then never gets back to the playerbase

You see this is why they can't have a proper rapport with us, damn them if they talk and damn them if they don't.

We were already pretty annoyed that they were not talking to us, so now they are telling us it is because they are still working on it and have not forgotten about us.

You see this is why they can't have a proper rapport with us, damn them if they talk and damn them if they don't.

We were already pretty annoyed that they were not talking to us, so now they are telling us it is because they are still working on it and have not forgotten about us.

so...we should just accept the way we are treated by a business that we give alot of money too, i have 2 accounts and have spent alot more on the CM then i would like to think about, there is no excuse for the way they handle there customer service ...and like someone said in another post, this way there chance at increasing there playerbase with this expac and they completely blew it by throwing sub-par stuff at us that was incomplete

NO GREE EVENT...they said it was because they couldnt code it to level 60 or whatever, but most of us know the truth, its because they didnt want people getting full sets off 1 boss so close to launch of a new expac...they could have activated the dallies still..

UNPLAYABLE LAG IN 16M OPS

SERVER INSTABILITY

RECYCLED CONTENT USED AS 60 HM FLASHPOINTS

VERY THIN "EXPANSION" (IF EVEN ABLE TO CALL IT THAT)

UNFINISHED / BUGGY CONTENT

with all of that what lure is there to not only attract new players but to keep the ones that have been handing bioware/ EA money ...theres only one word i can come up with PATHETIC!!

hope they get there crap together b4 the new star wars movie comes out, although i find it very hard to believe that disney is going to let this license continue for too much longer, i would almost say its safe to assume they have there own games in the works for around the time the movie comes out, but even if im wrong about that Everquest next is coming~~

-eric

what a load of ********

let me translate: more than two weeks ago u say ur implementing fixes, now u come back saying "oh hi we don't give a **** and haven't looked at this and have no idea what's wrong or when a fix is coming."

game is unplayable for 4 weeks "uh geez guys stay tuned we'll look at it at some point"

game has been out 4 weeks with this high severity defect...they made two comments about it, the first being two weeks ago.

saying "sup guys we'll look into it" is not telling us anything. this was the response they should have given on day 1. 4 weeks later and this?

whatever. I unsubbed. tired of giving these clowns money.

what a load of ********

let me translate: more than two weeks ago u say ur implementing fixes, now u come back saying "oh hi we don't give a **** and haven't looked at this and have no idea what's wrong or when a fix is coming."

game is unplayable for 4 weeks "uh geez guys stay tuned we'll look at it at some point"

Oh? you think you know everything about game development? Well you don't have slightest clue. there's many factors that can cause issues and they just can't fix something that quick.

-eric

Thats it after all the silence and 2 week of waiting this is what we get, someone that doesnt even know the problem and told we still have to wait for a fix.

What a joke

This is fair... My impression of Eric from Snave's interview was that Eric is a good guy and means well, but that response is just terrible and embarassing...

We can all agree that posting something, like Eric did, is better than complete silence. The sad and embarrassing thing is that he doesn't have any more information than we do. It's like the devs at BuyerBeware are giving him the finger, too.

I can't wait until President Obama addresses this. Sanctions, people. Sanctions.

-eric

While I appreciate the response, I have to question how long you think the average gamers patience really is and why it has taken 2 weeks to get a response that mirrors the last response on Dec 15th.

Again, I understand the part about the holiday season coming a couple of weeks after the launch of the expansion but how does it make good business sense to appear (from the customers perspective) to do nothing for weeks...especially when it falls during a time period when people have more than the usual amount of time to actually play the game...and thereby possibly lose customers?

I appreciate any info you can give us but I'm afraid the damage has already been done for some players and, in all honesty, the best info would be that you are working night and day to fix this issue before more damage is done.

-eric

Whole month is this going on. I returned to game and game is in horrible state. Today is friday and have to wait next friday. Now my game time is going and I cant play game. Lag is 60ms but ability delay 3-5 seconds.

Did bioware became charity organization? Do I give you money to do nothing?

I think that game time refund will be in order after all this mess you guys created and lack of communication with paying customers.

Edited by sakica

-eric

though I am not overly impressed with the lack of knowledge after 4 weeks of this I will say ty for finally posting to let us know someone has actually read this..

I will also mention that yesterday I reinstalled the game using the non streaming option found http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7826333

the LLLOOONNNNGGG download not with standing I will say it helped a bit..

Alderaan was playable with 40 to 50 players in the zone and little lag at first with later on larger spikes of lag that DID eventually die off for a bit where as I was getting constant lag..

Not sure if everyone using the streaming version will want to try this but I found it helped a bit even if it didn't "fix" it completely..

It's pretty reasonable to be annoyed when you wait 4 weeks and the response you are given is "we still don't know what is causing the problem" (aka we haven't even started on a fix).

It's actually pretty unacceptable, it's a very big issue and the lack of progress is pretty ridiculous.

Well most ppl probably dont pay anything here, or get their Money from Mom.

The Concept that WE PAY them for their Service seems forgotten.

I have to say, i dont know why i write anything here because theyre not going to read it anyways.

Now we have to wait for some "Information" till next Friday? :):)

Today i got my final Ticket response, i'm not going to get my GTC refunded sadly.

On the Day of my Ticket creation it had 59 Days of Playtime left and since then there was not one Day i could Play even 1 Lag Free KDY (and for the last few Days i just instantly log out again after casting a spell that takes 3seconds to get even aknowledged by the Server)...

THAT EMAIL.... also told me several Things i should do to fix my ABILITY DELAY/ LAG

1. I got confirmation that my Connection to the Servers is packet loss free and without any further Problems (Great, i already knew that, because i dont need anyone to look at the tracert's/ Dxdiags then myself...)

2. My GFX Drivers are up to date!!!!!! (wow thats news to me, thanks!)

3. I need to lower my Antialising Level to the lowest Setting and turn off Shadows. ( :rak_02: )

4. I need to turn off Bloom and enable V-Sync

Then, they hope it fixed my "DELAY" while Looting/ using Skills /everything....

For further Questions i should contact them again.

That was so funny, thank you :cool:

Well ofc it didnt fix anything, i still have 3-5seconds delay for almost anything in the game....

FOR EXAMPLE, i attack a damn Mob Group in KDY after 2 Seconds my AOE starts Channeling, and after 3 MORE SECONDS the Enemys finally take Damage... and while doing all that my Latency keeps at a steady 45 MS.

Maybe i need to play the Game with my Bluray Drive Open and a Toaster on my Back, that could help right?

We can all agree that posting something, like Eric did, is better than complete silence. The sad and embarrassing thing is that he doesn't have any more information than we do. It's like the devs at BuyerBeware are giving him the finger, too.

I can't wait until President Obama addresses this. Sanctions, people. Sanctions.

i'm not sure the difference between this post and silence is

its shows complete lack of regard for customers, not to mention a step backward since the first comment was about implemnting fixes and this one was "hey we dont know what it is after not commenting for over 2 weeks but good luck have fun"

Edited by Pagy

Agreed. Eric is doing the best with what he has... which is not much, unfortunately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.