Could we get a dye for the tertiary colour?

OddballEasyEight

There are many outfits that simply don't look good together because the tertiary colour of the outfit is very prominent.

An example would be the new rishii reputation outfit and the rohlan dyre sets. The cloth underneath the armour is very prominent and currently not dyable (and doesn't change with the "match colours" option either).

This makes some of these outfits very hard to use in a mix-and-match outfit.

Can we please get tertiary dyes?

It would make you money and would make us happy.

Or at least let tertiary colours match with the match colours option.

It would be nice if they would fix the dye for the primary and secondary colors on a bunch of outfits as well as color matching first. I'm tired of pieces not fully coloring because that might be brown, but that isn't the secondary brown you just colored blue; coloring wrong because that red dye becomes orange; or some how color matching to the one little speck of yellow on the chest piece. Edited by Sorwen

It would be nice if they would fix the dye for the primary and secondary colors on a bunch of outfits as well as color matching first. I'm tired of pieces not fully coloring because that might be brown, but that isn't the secondary brown you just colored blue; coloring wrong because that red dye becomes orange; or some how color matching to the one little speck of yellow on the chest piece.

While I agree that color matching should be fine tuned, a tertiary option would be a great addition and would add a whole new level of customization.

Also, I would like to see all cape clipping fixed especially in regards to mounts. It works in "preview" but not live.

And another nice QoL addition would be more facial options. I really hate all the doppelgangers that I run into. I'm becoming worried that I am a clone. Is that me? Am I him? /headexplodes

Edited by Kahldor

It would be nice if they would fix the dye for the primary and secondary colors on a bunch of outfits as well as color matching first. I'm tired of pieces not fully coloring because that might be brown, but that isn't the secondary brown you just colored blue; coloring wrong because that red dye becomes orange; or some how color matching to the one little speck of yellow on the chest piece.

Actually, youre pretty much describing the problem with tertiary colour.

For example, the Rohlan Dyre outfit looks like it has red and blue as the primary and secondary colour with gray as the tertiary.

But it's actually red and gray that are the primary and secondary colours and blue is the tertiary, despite being much more prominent than the gray or red.

So what you're seeing is in many cases tertiary colour problems.

But of course there's also the different shades of colouring that happens when dying an outfit.

Actually, youre pretty much describing the problem with tertiary colour.

For example, the Rohlan Dyre outfit looks like it has red and blue as the primary and secondary colour with gray as the tertiary.

But it's actually red and gray that are the primary and secondary colours and blue is the tertiary, despite being much more prominent than the gray or red.

So what you're seeing is in many cases tertiary colour problems.

But of course there's also the different shades of colouring that happens when dying an outfit.

Actually that wasn't what I was talking about. I get what you are saying, but that isn't it. It is hard to say without suit names, but there is more than one outfit that actually has 4 colors(possibly more). Some of them have 2 colors that are the same one is color-able, but the other isn't. Bastila's outfit is kind of like that with the leather around the neck not coloring at all with the rest of the secondary color. OK, fine, it is the leather but there are other outfits that the base isn't a different texture, have the same color, but isn't grouped with the secondary color channel so it doesn't color on the same piece. So you end up with a piece that has 5 colors(or more).

Or in other instances the 4th color is something totally different. Yellow seems to be popular. It's marked as the secondary color even though that isn't the secondary color on the chest piece so the chest colors right but all other pieces don't. There is a Bounty Hunter armor that I still use that is like that. I have to have the color matching off and color each piece. The colors are Brown, Green, and Grey. There is a yellow stripe on the backpack or coat tail(I can't remember which). The Brown and Green/Grey(can't remember which, but I know it isn't the yellow) color as second and primary with dye, but when you color match it colors Brown and Yellow as primary and secondary.

I wouldn't mind a 3rd color, but before they compound the issue I would like them to correctly mark the current colors first. It could really get bad if they added a 3rd in the mix with them messed up as it is. There are some items that don't even mark a primary color so only the secondary color is matched. I need to color a chest piece white/medium blue(likely will have to get a white primary as I don't ever see that combination on the market) because the hands and feet I have(or had as I think I finally found boots that colored right) don't actually have a primary color channel marked.

Edited by Sorwen

There are many outfits that simply don't look good together because the tertiary colour of the outfit is very prominent.

An example would be the new rishii reputation outfit and the rohlan dyre sets. The cloth underneath the armour is very prominent and currently not dyable (and doesn't change with the "match colours" option either).

Or at least let tertiary colors match with the match colors option.

it would be nice if they did this but they would also need to have one for the 4th and 5th color on some armors... and yess they are in game B^( now the 5th color isnt as prominent as the others but sometimes that 4th one can be. i say just make the dyes color all the colors of the armor. make the odd number colors be the main color and the even number colors the secondary color. that would fix everything!!!

the 3rd and 4th color is what ruins all the mando armor for me in game... along with quite a few others to be honest

Yeah, some outfits dye very poorly because of the tertiary color.

But, unless they are going to put three dye slots (and provide the slot dyes) on gear so that I can choose a color for each, I think there is no solution except to pass on some gear due to the tertiary.

If we were very limited on gear choices... I would agree that we need a tertiary dye ability. But the game is literally over flowing with gear choices these days.

ALSO.. isn't match-to-chest only for primary and secondary colors? I have not actually tested to confirm if tertiaries are included in match-to-chest, so I am not sure.

Yeah, some outfits dye very poorly because of the tertiary color.

But, unless they are going to put three dye slots (and provide the slot dyes) on gear so that I can choose a color for each, I think there is no solution except to pass on some gear due to the tertiary.

If we were very limited on gear choices... I would agree that we need a tertiary dye ability. But the game is literally over flowing with gear choices these days.

ALSO.. isn't match-to-chest only for primary and secondary colors? I have not actually tested to confirm if tertiaries are included in match-to-chest, so I am not sure.

Actually, they'd only have to add another slot for tertiary colours. The regular slot would still work the way it does now.

And match-to-chest is only for primary and secondary colours. I'm asking for them to let it match tertiary too.

I'd only want this to fix that Mando Hunter aet and get rid of that gun metal blue, that ruins a lot of dyes.

You don't mind, even a little, that the Rholan Dyre set has a blue undergarment that doesn't dye?

I think it ruins the look of using, for example, the rishii reputation chest with the rholan dyre pants since the chest would have white undergarments and the pants blue, which will take away the illusion of the set not being mixed. Makes it look a bit... clownish.

I would love if devs somehow made tertiary coloring possible. I have a chestpiece for my sith warrior that is otherwise perfect, except for its very prominent chest armor that cannot be dyed and is light beige.. not exactly a color I want to associate with my SW. :p

EDIT: the name of the piece is "Honored adept's shroud". PLEASE make that chest armor under the cloak (and shoulderpads) dye-able.

Also, while were at it, reduce the overall amount of dyes that are bright neon colors. Not everyone wants to dress like a clown even though Bioware people apprently do.

Edited by Karkais

You don't mind, even a little, that the Rholan Dyre set has a blue undergarment that doesn't dye?

I think it ruins the look of using, for example, the rishii reputation chest with the rholan dyre pants since the chest would have white undergarments and the pants blue, which will take away the illusion of the set not being mixed. Makes it look a bit... clownish.

Not really no, to be honest. I consider that the under armor suit which the metal pieces cling to.

Also It's all about how you mix and match.

Not really no, to be honest. I consider that the under armor suit which the metal pieces cling to.

Also It's all about how you mix and match.

Well of course it is. I'm just saying that giving a tertiary dye option would increase the possibilities of mixing and matching.

And yes, it's the undergarment that the metal pieces cling to, but that makes it even more strange that it isn't colour matched... If I was going to wear a suit of armour attached to an overall (or other undergarment) then I'd have that garment the same colour on both the pants and top.

I wouldn't have a white top with blue pants (or vice versa) for example.

I would pay for this. Some items are utterly useless with most dye packs because they have a lump on pink of them, or a grey bit that makes the whole outfit look odd

I support this. And a dye for weapons. Would love that.

My time spent in GTN or grinding FPs looking for weapons that look cool and match my colour scheme is crazy.

I agree with both of the above mentioned suggestions.:)

I would also like to add the idea of being able to dye speeders/mounts :D

I would kill for this... Finding a speeder that doesn't look crazy seems like mission impossible sometimes.

Although after saying all this, when you do get it all to work it feels pretty cool. Being able to dye everything may take away from that.

Edited by Aetes

+1

There are a lot of armors (BH/Trooper especially) that have a "base" color that is more prominent than either the "Primary" or "Secondary" colors. I hesitate to call these base colors "Tertiary" because Tertiary makes it sound like they are less important.

Furthermore, while there are lots of variations[/reskins] of of these armors, the variants usually only vary in the Primary and Secondary colors, which makes the variants useless from a dying standpoint.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to toggle/set/match the reflectivity of various pieces, as even when the colors match, the mismatch makes the outfit look awful.

And a toggle/set/match for trim/jewlery color would be nice -- not necessarily a full color range, but able to switch between gold and silver. It really sucks when the character/companion has jewelry that clashes with parts of the outfit.

And a "color crystal" slot for "effects". There are a lot of pieces that would work well together, except for the hard coded glowing/pulsing parts not matching.

And more primary-only / secondary-only dyes, and separate primary/secondary slots, since the number of variations is already ridiculous and growing exponentially ludicrous.

Or maybe just recode the entire gear system to make it customization friendly :)

Edited by eartharioch

• 2 weeks later...
With the introduction of tertiary colors to crystals (which are not that spectacular imo), I think it is time for a third dye slot. As my armor collection continues to grow, I find more and more the need for a tertiary slot. Maybe just have 2 dye slots. You can place a combo primary/secondary in the first and a tertiary in the second.

With the introduction of tertiary colors to crystals (which are not that spectacular imo), I think it is time for a third dye slot. As my armor collection continues to grow, I find more and more the need for a tertiary slot. Maybe just have 2 dye slots. You can place a combo primary/secondary in the first and a tertiary in the second.

I'd prefer three individual slots with individual colors for each slot. The color combination possibilities will go through the roof!

The main problem is that almost every single piece has a palette of more than 2 colors. If you can only change 2 of them then they, "dye poorly". It amazes me that they are still releasing gear, with 2 dye slots, that have 4 color palettes or more.

SWG for example allowed you to choose from dozens of different colors for each color in the palette of a given piece... over TEN YEARS AGO. Come on guys...

I'd prefer three individual slots with individual colors for each slot. The color combination possibilities will go through the roof!

I agree. I'd prefer 3 individual slots. But, I'd almost settle for anything that allowed me to change that 3rd color. It would definitely allow for many more unique combinations of dye and would make BW some money. A 4th slot would be nice to change those highlighted colors such as the lighted portions of charged armors. But, beggars can't be choosy.