The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Van/PT are OP as **** need to be beet down with the nerfbat!

Ravynwilde

The title says it all... 25% reduction in DPS should put these classes inline with all the rest in the game ...

Before people start whining about how there favorite class (Van/PT) doesnt need it and that im just complaining just gonna make the comment that i play a PT and i am admitting how OP they are.... they NEED a nerf.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title says it all... 25% reduction in DPS should put these classes inline with all the rest in the game ...

Before people start whining about how there favorite class (Van/PT) doesnt need it and that im just complaining just gonna make the comment that i play a PT and i am admitting how OP they are.... they NEED a nerf.

25% damage nerf = >1k dps.

No class in the game needs that. Well, maybe Innovative Ordinance mercs...

Oh and I play every spec. VGs/PTS UP NERF EVERYTHING PLOX I AM UNABLE TO BREAK 1k DPS ON MY LEVEL 2 POWERTECH BUT CAN BREAK 4K DPS WITH EVERYTHING ELSE THATS LEVEL 60

You can't just look at damage and decide a class is OP. VG/PT is super squishy- probably THE easiest class to burn through. If you ignore them yeah they can eat people up but they are not even CLOSE to OP in solo ranked. Do some ranked and come back- after you dry your tears you will retract lol. They are pretty beast in regs though where nobody coordinates anything.

If VG/PT does get any balancing it should be a SLIGHT burst damage reduction in exchange for some survivability... you can't just make it so severe that now they have worthless burst compared to sorcs/sins. Bioware nerfs are scary as hell because they have no clue how to perform nerfs and buffs. When they nerf a class they completely destroy it and make it useless in every sense of the word... when they buff a class they give it everything and only token nerfs (balances) that have no real effect on its performance. All VG's/PT's remember their class after 2.0 launch.... NEVER FORGET. NEVER FORGIVE. WE WILL REMEMBER WHAT YOU DID TO US! THE worst balancing in the history of online gaming. You could go weeks without seeing a VG/PT in a warzone and almost everyone who played that class had "retired" next to their VG/PT's name in their forum sig... we don't want that. EVERY class needs to be AMAZING in PvP including VG/PT.

You PVPer DON'T COME mess with PVE again. Stop, just STOP.

You can't just look at damage and decide a class is OP. VG/PT is super squishy- probably THE easiest class to burn through. If you ignore them yeah they can eat people up but they are not even CLOSE to OP in solo ranked. Do some ranked and come back- after you dry your tears you will retract lol. They are pretty beast in regs though where nobody coordinates anything.

When heals and tanks solo OR people decide to peel they are beast too.

Edited by Aetideus

Ok Im going to spell out WHY PTs Vans dont need a nerf

1)Damage, we do pretty good in ranked but by no means are top. There are plenty of rounds where other classes are on par with me. In regular wzs it is very situational, long fights we actually dont flourish because heat management can be difficult in fights that last 5 to 10 minutes where other classes can just keep pumping out damage.

side edit: BURST, pts burst is a set up of rail shot, explosive dart and thermal det. it takes us 4 globals to set that up, rail, det, dart, rail, our damage doesnt happen instantly so for those that think its too much maybe you should pay attention to the bombs on you, hell ill even tell you a secret, if you roll as an op you can avoid both bomb dets

2)Tanks, pt tanks are doing awesome but Jugs are doing a little better at the moment, hard to say

3)survivability, we are right where we should be, we may not have as many CDs as jugs but I like our current set up, shoulder cannon healing is awesome and kolto overload does what it should, and our shield is just our shield lol.

We have no heal to full like jugs we have no bubble like sorcs but if you know your class you can do amazing based off of #4

4) Mechanics, the strength of pts right now is that we do a number of our abilities at a distance and and kite fairly well, we also have our 2 stuns which we have had since launch. Pt does have a high skill yield meaning that if you take the time to learn how to rotate your abilities based on distance and classes being fought you can do very well

but remember this EVERY class has gotten a huge buff, i have 4 60s and I gotta say when Im fighting a pt cause I know what they can do I can usually beat them, this game is now a very skill oriented game with the 3.0 changes and thats awesome. So unless your main is a mara I suggest you get off the forums with your nerf bat QQ go play hello kitty island adventure and leave swtor to ppl who know how to play their classes

Edited by oked

I suggest you get off the forums with your nerf bat QQ go play hello kitty island adventure and leave swtor to ppl who know how to play their classes

Solid Gold right there.

On that note, it's probably a good time for a few players to make "how to play 3.0" guides.

they have burst and that's about it. Pyro funnily enough surely has better sustained deeps (granted pyro has even less burst and is even squishier).

That said, AP is far from tanky, like in a vengeance guardian sense. Vengeance guardian is, I dare say, the tankiest DPS.

Surely it was true pre 3.0, though recent rebalancing of madness/hatred heals + all the utilities may certainly make an argument against me.

Every spec in the game will perform much better with a guard and a healer.

This specs 'better' is much better imo. Oc current rwzs feels like merc in the smash era but when guards and heals q...

Edited by Aetideus

I think that a damage reduction for Thermal Detonator and Shoulder Cannon should bring them in line with the other classes. The most common complaint I have seen about AP/Tac Powertechs/Vanguard is that their burst is too powerful. Reduction in TD and SC, in my opinion, fixes that.

I think that a damage reduction for Thermal Detonator and Shoulder Cannon should bring them in line with the other classes. The most common complaint I have seen about AP/Tac Powertechs/Vanguard is that their burst is too powerful. Reduction in TD and SC, in my opinion, fixes that.

Well if you do that then you need to give it back to them in defensive cds because right now VG/PT is total trash without the burst to counter-act it.

The problem is the non-tank classes are too weak now. BW boosted their damage, but gutted their survivability. And I am only talking about PvE missions. I took my Scoundrel to Balmorra to complete Class quests, etc. that were two levels lower and it costs 12000-15000 in armor repairs every 2 hours or so from dying all the time in full purple armor. Same thing with my Commando and Merc. It's so bad I just stopped playing them and went with my tanker classes.

I gather the OP is only concerned with PvP which I can take it or leave it. I want to be able to play the PvE game and in that area the damage-dealing/healers are just horrid. I couldn't even keep up with the repair costs to my Scoundrel/Ruffian on -2 levels missions!!!!!!!!!!!!! Balance is totally borked, and it's the other non-Tank Class's survivability!! Fix them before you do anything else BW!

As of 3.0 PVE dps needs to stay high, with every boss and npc ******** on everyone DPS is now tighter than ever, I used to figure armor drop priority goes Tank>Healer>DPS but now it's backwards. Being an AP PT I can now join raid pugs without being investigated and/or kicked due to not being a tank which is what always happened pre 3.0. Our numbers are much appreciated now.. What happens when they make Hardmodes/Nighmare for the new raids Then OP will regret his nerfbat wish when that content is locked to all but super pro bis guilds that pretty much run the game.

I don't think it is as severe as the OP states. I also don't think they are as squishy as people are stating either. You can say all classes are squishy in ranked if they get a coordinated focus on them.

I would suggest making cell burst a PVE only ability. This would cut down the potential burst in PvP which is where the problem lies.

I don't think it is as severe as the OP states. I also don't think they are as squishy as people are stating either. You can say all classes are squishy in ranked if they get a coordinated focus on them.

I would suggest making cell burst a PVE only ability. This would cut down the potential burst in PvP which is where the problem lies.

ok but give them 30% mroe dmg on all abilties 5% more hp and 2 mroe defensive cd.. and kolto overload shoudl have dmg reduction again on all specs

Obvious troll is obvious. Also, forum moderator was a massive tard.

Edited by Kooziejr

From a PvP stand point, AP's burst potential is borderline obsurd. I don't think anyone can argue that.

But from my point of view, the real issue is the playstyle change in 3.0 that has broken AP.

1) 30m Thermal Det. The old Pyro spec TD was nerfed back in the day to 10m because PT's are a melee class. Now you can setup your burst from 30m. Bad idea, but it doesn't stop there...

2) Rail Shot doesn't require a bleeding target. Pre-3.0 AP's playstyle was to get in at 4m, Retracble Blade then proceed with your rotation. Now, RB isn't even needed to blow someone up. Sure it's a sustatined damage increase and helps with energy management quite a bit, but isn't exactly "required".

3) LOLHydralics. The 45% speed increase is quite possibly the stupidest idea I've seen implimented in this game. Add to that, that PT's can spec into a perma-snare on their spammable attack. The combination of these 2 utilities make them either unkitable or damn near impossible to stay on target as a mDps.

4) 15m flame/mag burst is dumb. Again, PT's are a melee class.

5) Shoulder Cannons. The ICD is far too short, which we know. But, I'd also argue that Pyro is the spec that needs 7 rockets now, not AP. AP in 2.x had 7 rockets to aid in its single target burst (because it was a more cleave oriented spec). Since 3.0 effectively swapped the 2 specs it stands to reason that the burst spec now should only get 4 rockets.