Please Add More Companion story, romances and interaction with companions!

Lunafox

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that we didn't get the following from launch:

1) Actual missions for all that stuff the companions tell us they're going off to do, not just for the first companion we get. BW wasted a ton of potential story content by having the silly fade-out-fade-in-I'm-back for 4 of 5 companions on each class.

2) Reactions when clicked-on that varied depending on progression in class story, progression in companion story, affection level, etc. Example -- if a PC has married a companion, they shouldn't get the same canned response that they did immediately after meeting them.

3) A handful of conversations that randomly pop up every so often after you've hit 10k and completed the companion conversations/missions.

4) The ability to rewatch the cut-scenes from the companion conversations -- not redo them, just rewatch them with the choices already made. Put a datapad or library terminal in the character's quarters on their ship that can be clicked on to get a list of conversations to rewatch.

5) The ability to "fire" a companion, with maybe 3 to 5 "are you sure" dialogues. Of course, I guess that was taken out after a ton of complaints during testing. *shrug*

6) Maybe one companion from each class should have been gained another way -- for example, Talos might have been interesting as a companion that any character can pick up if they took the Archaeology crew skill

7) Remembered the other one -- more versatile companions. Example: Vette as an option to be a healer might have made sense, especially since she is the first companion you get as a class with absolutely no healing at all in either AC.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

1) Actual missions for all that stuff the companions tell us they're going off to do, not just for the first companion we get. BW wasted a ton of potential story content by having the silly fade-out-fade-in-I'm-back for 4 of 5 companions on each class.

For me, it was really dissapointing to find out that only on the first companion the story arc developed in actual missions. There where several companions (on several classes) that told "I have to go and do this or that", and I was like "yeah, let'r go!"... only to find out that nothing actually happenes, but instead there was just a fade out, a fade in and the companion came back telling me "been there, done that...". A big letdown from my point of view. Lot of wasted potential. I'd be happy if they would rework that stuff and create all those events into real missions.

5) The ability to "fire" a companion, with maybe 3 to 5 "are you sure" dialogues. Of course, I guess that was taken out after a ton of complaints during testing. *shrug*.

This option not being available annoyed me at two instances:

First when getting Gault on the BH (my first BH was supposed to be an incorruptible "always get the job done"-type. It was a big letdown that you had no option but to accept this "cheat on your employer"-storyline, and then in addition accept this guy into your service. An option to kill/freeze Gault, hand him over and get the bounty and then instead get alternative companion would have been great.

Second was when Malavai Quinn betrayed you when playing the Sith Warrior: no option for the "ultimate punishment" (aka execution)? Come on, I am playing a Sith. I doubt that Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, or any other one from the movies, books, comics etc. would react like that, but we have no other option but to say "oh, you betrayed me, handed me over to my enemy, I almost got killed... but OK, I'm fine with that, let's be best buddies again...". At that point, from a RP-perspective, there should be the option to execute that treacherous rat and replace himwith a different companion.

I know it propably will never happen, but I would appreciate if they could rework those scenes (and similar scenes, if among other storylines there are similar scenes - haven't played through all storylines so far) and implement some option to kick/fire/execute a companion and instead get a replacement.

Another thing that would have been nice: if you marry one of your compnions... how about a cutsceen with an actual wedding ceremony? All we get is some dialogues where they talk about it, and then some ingame e-mail that it has been arranged, or stuff like that. Adding stuff like that would be nice.

Also, when entering the Stronghold for the first time... a reaction from your companion(s) would have been cool, too. I remember Vette on the storyline going something like "wow, what a ship!" when you get your ship as a sith warrior. But when you enter your newly aquired stronghold, she just remains silent? It would be a nice thing having every companion get a new dialogue once placed in stronghold. Some kind of " that's a nice home"-dialogue or something similar. Nothing bit, but just something to spice it up a little bit.

I would love to see some more story for companions. In the SoR we saw new class stories, it was just a bit, but it was nice to see for sure. I always wanted for swtor to continue the story and to continue the relationships we have with our companions, i mean they have a lot of time for that. While they do continue the story, and i am loving it, they put the companions on the side rails. I know that it would require temendous resources to actually put them, especially all of them into every expansion, but there are some moments where them being quiet is justs absolutely outrageous. For example if you flirt with Lana or Theron, your LI is not bothered at all, they do not care if you try to start a relationship with them as well, even tho they are standing right next to them... It is very odd to say the least.

That being said, this game is not Sims so we will like not see anymore story for companions for quite some time, if ever, they do not plan to expand on the promises that the companions gave you imo (like getting married having kids etc). But so far it does not make sense even from the story point of view, as the war is still on etc.

To wrap it up, if BW found some way to incorporate them more into the story again I would love it, i think that, that is nearly essential. But while I would very much enjoy any kind of continuation of companion stories, i doubt very much they will actually come.

I would love new companion stories.

especially ashara, her story had so much potential but it just felt incomplete by the end of it. even 2-3 more convos, done well, could really "finish" that story.

The closest we come to new companion content is the SoR prelude.

Jeez..... I can't believe the number of naysayers and negativity in this thread. And yet it is mostly to do with money constraints and the belief that more companion related content is "unlikely".

I understand (and I think others do as well) that money is an issue. But that doesn't mean we stop voicing the desire for things we like. Why else would a "suggestions" forum exist?

Literally the request is just asking for a continuation of something that already makes up a large part of the game/story while leveling and is a significant draw for many people. If you don't care about romance or companion story, don't comment - don't come in just to squash the interests of others.

Not everyone is going to be crazy about every piece of content.

But there is nothing wrong with the desire to want more companion content.

Personally, I'd love more of all the things mentioned - stories, quests, interactions, as well as more class story. But I'd also at least be happy to receive more letters in the mail from the companion I married (and that isn't so cost prohibitive).

I would love this as well. It would be nice to have a continuation with some companions. Even more so, I would love to see an option to fully romance a few companions as well. For example, Lt. Pierce for fem warrior is one option I would happily pay for.

I would love this as well. It would be nice to have a continuation with some companions. Even more so, I would love to see an option to fully romance a few companions as well. For example, Lt. Pierce for fem warrior is one option I would happily pay for.

I thought you could already, although its more of a booty call type relationship.

• 3 months later...

< signed !

I really feel like I am married to my companion without any further interaction. Because I did everything till we become lovers and then? A complete void, chaos, a massive black hole. :eek: We do nothing with each other, other than fight :) I don't recall getting married to her. If my companion ignores me I want her to tell me she had an headache instead of staying beside me quietly :rolleyes:

Edited by nafu

/signed

Though I don't think they'll add any more missions with your companions retroactively. Costs too much, and IMHO it should have been implemented from the beginning. It's a bit late now.

So, the next best thing is probably to have something small(ish) with the next expansion. If we're lucky.

I'd love more Companion stories and interaction. I know there are people who enjoy the operations and pvp more, but I actually prefer the stories and anything involving our companions. I'm here in this game, and I've been here in this game, the last three years BECAUSE of the stories and companions.

If all I wanted was to do operations or pvp I'd have kept my *** in WoW.

I'm still hoping and praying that we'll get more of what we did during SoR's intro with our companion spouses AND more of the class story bits we got. At least it's SOMETHING. Only doing combined stories for everyone is boring.

So, sign me up as someone who wants MORE companion interaction and more class story bits.

Sure, I'd love it! More story and companion content! I don't do PvP at endgame( except for GSF) 'cause there are better players than me, with ops it's difficult to gather a group, and I'm dying of boredom when trying to do the same dailies day after day over and over again. Miss the class quests, I do. :csw_yoda:

/signed