Please Add More Companion story, romances and interaction with companions!

Lunafox

Some of you may remember me as the 'crazy class story lady' or not. It's just something I got teased with by a few people here. :)

I've been here since before launch, and back in August of 2013, I started a petition to add more individual class stories, practically begging Bioware not to give up on that aspect of our game play and give us more of it. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=674757&highlight=petition (in case you want to see it again).

That thread had over 28000 views and 562 responses...far more than I ever imagined or hoped to see. I learned a lot from that experience.

Now, in a similar spirit to that discussion/petition, I'd like to gather a show of support for more Companion story arcs, romances, both new and continued with the companions we have. I would also like if Bioware would give us more interaction with companions, via meaningful conversations and side stories and quests with them, similar to what we had as we leveled up.

I would love to see this happen. I love companions, especially the romanceable ones. I wouldn't mind seeing those that haven't been thus far, to become a possibility...like Zenith and Scourge for example.

So, I'm hoping, that if you guys support this, and would like to see it happen too, then 'sign' on this thread. I hesitate to call it a petition, because some people don't like or respond well to that. (one thing I learned.) I'm also not speaking for anyone but myself, but I'm hoping that others share my hopes for this to be added into the game in the future.

Thanks for reading everyone. :)

Lunafox (aka Crazy Class Story Lady)

Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. I would love to see both new companions and continued companion stories! But whether that'll actually happen is another matter entirely.

I've lost a lot of hope in Bioware this past expansion, especially regarding companions. It seems like they don't really care about them anymore. Hopefully Bioware will prove me wrong, but I won't get my hopes up.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I completely agree. I would love to see both new companions and continued companion stories! But whether that'll actually happen is another matter entirely. I've lost a lot of hope in Bioware this past expansion, especially regarding companions. It seems like they don't really care about them anymore. Hopefully Bioware will prove me wrong, but I won't get my hopes up.

I'm hoping if enough people chime in their support, it'll happen. I look at the small class stories added to SoR as a bit of a victory...some is better than none, I say! :)

So, I'm hoping they'll add more convos and interactions, new companions etc. I'd totally love and pay for a Companion Expansion pack. :D I don't want to get my hopes up either, but I feel compelled to try, and hopefully they'll listen.

I've been here since beta and dont remember you...Have no idea who you are.

That being said, your naivete is amusing. Making a thread on these forums asking for something the size and magnitude of what you want is silly. Do some players want it? Probably....Others could care less.

The ONLY way this would happen is if it would be financially feasible and practical. It isn't. It would require to many resources and manpower which this game can't afford. Period....

We need more content that doesn't cater to a few niche players. Want more romance? Buy a book......

That being said, your naivete is amusing. Making a thread on these forums asking for something the size and magnitude of what you want is silly. Do some players want it? Probably....Others could care less.

The ONLY way this would happen is if it would be financially feasible and practical. It isn't. It would require to many resources and manpower which this game can't afford. Period....

We need more content that doesn't cater to a few niche players. Want more romance? Buy a book......

*cough*

............................That being said, your naivete is amusing. Making a thread on these forums asking for something the size and magnitude of what you want is silly. Do some players want it? Probably....Others could care less..................

This misuse of English has always infuriated me.

You are actually saying that these others, do indeed care to some extent.

Please, please, please, learn to use "couldn't".

And yet we get stuff like Cathar, sgr or Galactic Starfighter (which took a lot of resources and ended up being played by barely anyone after a couple of months).

Lots of people play GSF, perhaps just not the ones you might know.

I am pretty sure there are barely any players who care about traditional jedi robes, but hey, we can all clutch guestimates out of the air.

Well, there are oodles of players here, and many have been here since launch like you and I, so that's why I introduced myself. With all the servers and population, it would be a miracle if we knew each other.

You might think me naive, but I see no harm in asking for something I want. I also see no harm in seeking solidarity with those of a like mind.

There were plenty of people who had a similar reaction to yours when I asked for class story extension...so this isn't unfamiliar to me, and that's fine. You're entitled to think however you like. :) I think though, this is more than something for a few 'niche' players.

And there is nothing with wanting more romance and companion interaction. I don't have to buy a book...I write them for a living. That's why I love it/story so much.. But thanks for the suggestion.

A little bit goes a long way. I'm not asking Bioware to break their considerable bank.

This misuse of English has always infuriated me.

You are actually saying that these others, do indeed care to some extent.

Please, please, please, learn to use "couldn't".

I COULD care less

Now calm down killer......Try putting your energy into something you can actually change

I wish we had been more involved in our companions' stories. Them just up and leaving to take care of things on their own felt like (and probably was) a shortcut. Some stories were rather flat and kind of resolved, but others remain open.

I particularly want to see Risha's story continued, that was one of the stories that was left hanging in the open. Dubrillion could even be the location of a side story for both factions...

I think Vector's background would also provide some good material for an interesting spin-off story, maybe intertwined with some Dr. Lokin story.

Jaesa could do with some development, too, but that seems rather unlikely given her split personality. (Too much effort, but it would have potential for a story in good old BW tradition, where your previous decisions really had an impact on how things would play out.)

I can also see Lord Scourge facing a dilemma, now that everything is out in the open and his reasons for staying with the Jedi Knight should be at least questioned.

Bowdaar isn't one of my favorites, but I know many people care about wookies and Kashyyyk and adding the planet and some story for Bowdaar would probably be received well by a large number of players.

A Juun story could shed more practical light on the Gand and their unique ways.

Companions like Broonmark or Skadge were rather flat from the start. They lack the element where we care about them or their story. (Probably because they make sure to let us know they're not caring about us, either.)

In the end, I don't think more story for all 42 (!) companions equally would be doable in terms of resources. Some of them also don't offer much to work with. But being selective and focusing on those who have the most potential for a story may on the other hand alienate players and cause a riot and/or disappointment among the supporters of companions that didn't get an additional story...

ETA: Hm, maybe the ship droids could get a story, with some development that results in them being able to equip a mainhand...? :D

Eh, as much as I liked the class stories, the last expansion with the lame class quests showed that they're just a shell of what they were. I'd rather that they spend the limited resources of this game on content that people won't burn through in a few short hours - like giving us new pvp maps or a huttball league or something (especially since PVP totally got ignored in the last expansion). This game needs stuff that will give guilds and groups things to do together far more than more story since this is, first and foremost, a MMO.

If I want fun with bioware written companions, I'll go play single player games. Hell, Dragon Age 3 just came out and is pretty fantastic. I can get my story fix there.

Edited by Prisoner

Talk about going overboard... :confused:

They couldn't be bothered to have every single companion comment on stuff, unlike what happened on Makeb, and you want them to expand significantly even beyond that?

Dream on; won't happen.

I for one would be glad if they at least comment on some stuff, instead of having them silent throughout new content. Scourge is so mind boggling that you got to wonder if the people developing this game ever got to play it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, with 20-30 minute long queues... It's probably because it's so popular that all instances are occupied!

Haha! :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Talk about going overboard... :confused:

They couldn't be bothered to have every single companion comment on stuff, unlike what happened on Makeb, and you want them to expand significantly even beyond that?

Dream on; won't happen.

I for one would be glad if they at least comment on some stuff, instead of having them silent throughout new content. Scourge is so mind boggling that you got to wonder if the people developing this game ever got to play it. :rolleyes:

Haha! :D

People said dream on about more class stories too, and we got a little bit. I'm not demanding the moon...I'd be happy with a few comments, some letters. Ideally I'd love to have full conversations...even just one or two, with actual choices. More is better...but some is better than none. :)

People said dream on about more class stories too, and we got a little bit.

Honestly, I can't tell if you're serious.

You got one measly class story mission for each class. That's it.

In the process, both factions get to share the EXACT same story, bar some minimal to non-existent differences here and there, which most people -- I dare say -- won't even notice.

In other words, you didn't get the same, plus something else you lost; instead, you got a tiny bit of something we once had, and lost something else ENTIRELY along the way.

I'm not demanding the moon...I'd be happy with a few comments, some letters. Ideally I'd love to have full conversations...even just one or two, with actual choices. More is better...but some is better than none. :)

Will say it again: For whatever reason, they couldn't be bothered to recall every single VA that ever voiced a companion; not even the non-Basic ones get to chime on anything, except for a select few during the SoR intro.

Only the VA's who romanced the most popular romanceable companions were asked to submit new dialogue.

And now... You actually expect them to expand on romances, their stories and companion interaction? When they couldn't have companions doing the kind of the stuff they did on Makeb?

No offense, but that's pretty much delusion.

EDIT:

Forgot yet again about the VA for Talos but once more, he's silent on both Rishi and Yavin; Dude only talks -- and can get zapped -- during the Inquisitor class story. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I would pay for a Companion Expansion the day it appears. Companions need to talk in Chapter 4 and 5 for the game to be consistent with the earlier, core material. It is as simple as that. What is happening now makes a game a disjointed experience, with Chapters 1-3 being very different from Chapter 4 and 5. :)

Some of you may remember me as the 'crazy class story lady'.

Nope, don't know you, neither by ythe on or the other handle. At first, I didn't want to read on after this "hey, I am so importand everyone should know me"-ego-trip. My first thought was "jut another one who obviously needs a shrink". I expeted everything that follows to be some "I am so awesome"-rant that's not worth reading, but then, well, I gave it a chance...

I agree in so far that I'd like to see more stories - personal, companion, all of them. The less generic, the better. I think stories are the element that make this game good. Personal, I don't care about pvp, hardmode OPs or similar stuff - it's the stories that let me play the game. And in chapter 4, the stories became less interesting - bacause there are only faction based stories, and nomore (or only few) stories tied to the individual class or a companion.

So, I'm in. I'd appreciate if they would do more stuff like that. Sure, it might be just a minority that wants this kind of stuff, but let's be realistic: those people crying for more pvp content are also just a minority. So from my point of view: don't waste time on pvp-stuff that noone wants (just a minority) and cater to those who want more stories.

P.S.:

Even though there was something worth to read, I still think the first sentence of the OP is a big pile of BS. Would be much better to delete that stupid "for some reason I believe I am so famous you might know me" self-adulation.

So, I'm in. I'd appreciate if they would do more stuff like that. Sure, it might be just a minority that wants this kind of stuff, but let's be realistic: those people crying for more pvp content are also just a minority. So from my point of view: don't waste time on pvp-stuff that noone wants (just a minority) and cater to those who want more stories.

LMAO. You know what the percentage of the population pvps exactly how? I love how you assume they're a minority and outnumbered by people who want story without any evidence. Or that those two groups are even mutually exclusive (cause no one can like more than one thing, amirite?). That's freaking hilarious.

Honestly, I can't tell if you're serious.

You got one measly class story mission for each class. That's it.

In the process, both factions get to share the EXACT same story, bar some minimal to non-existent differences here and there, which most people -- I dare say -- won't even notice.

In other words, you didn't get the same, plus something else you lost; instead, you got a tiny bit of something we once had, and lost something else ENTIRELY along the way.

Pretty much, this.

We lost an entire faction story, and instead got a few minutes of personal quests (which were kind of lame and extremely short) instead. I'd rather they focus on having two complete and different faction stories like they did on Makeb than to have all of the content be the same for both sides except for the ten minutes it takes to do the one unique class quest.

Edited by Prisoner

The original game (lvls 1-50) was designed and built ground up by the actual company BW, and they had a long history of gripping storytelling, compelling game play and outstanding visuals. Sadly as with the rest of it's acquisitions EA has different views, goals and ways they do things that almost never coincide with their player base. Why monopolies and mega corps are bad for everyone, stifles creativity , competition and a willingness to make customers happy. Welcome to the new 21st century xD. We will never see the effort put into this game by the original BW again, just saying. Not bashing EA, they are a decent company as companies go , they just control to much, and just like the force absolute power corrupts absolutely

The original game (lvls 1-50) was designed and built ground up by the actual company BW, and they had a long history of gripping storytelling, compelling game play and outstanding visuals. Sadly as with the rest of it's acquisitions EA has different views, goals and ways they do things that almost never coincide with their player base. Why monopolies and mega corps are bad for everyone, stifles creativity , competition and a willingness to make customers happy. Welcome to the new 21st century xD. We will never see the effort put into this game by the original BW again, just saying. Not bashing EA, they are a decent company as companies go , they just control to much, and just like the force absolute power corrupts absolutely

It wasn't EA's fault that the original design of a story based MMO failed. Players were leaving in droves once they reached the level cap. More class stories are not viable because they take a lot of time to produce and people burn through them so quickly. Since they are a business and not a charity for wayward nerds, EA has to make a profit to justify keeping the lights on to their shareholders - so they switched focus to content that is faster to produce and much more replayable.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the impatient players who were unwilling to pay a sub while they waited for more stories to come out. They voted with their wallets which is how we arrived with the game as is currently. It's not some kind of anti-creativity conspiracy on EA's part, ffs.

It wasn't EA's fault that the original design of a story based MMO failed. Players were leaving in droves once they reached the level cap. More class stories are not viable because they take a lot of time to produce and people burn through them so quickly. Since they are a business and not a charity for wayward nerds, EA has to make a profit to justify keeping the lights on to their shareholders - so they switched focus to content that is faster to produce and much more replayable.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the impatient players who were unwilling to pay a sub while they waited for more stories to come out. They voted with their wallets which is how we arrived with the game as is currently. It's not some kind of anti-creativity conspiracy on EA's part, ffs.

i wasn't bashing EA, I own allot of their games. Just stating facts which you agreed with, that the Original BW and the now EA have different goals, ambitions and things they are willing to do for the game. We can't expect the same quality story telling when most of the devs who designed those parts are no longer part of this BW team

I'd rather they focus on having two complete and different faction stories like they did on Makeb than to have all of the content be the same for both sides except for the ten minutes it takes to do the one unique class quest.

Pretty much the same here.

Unfortunately, judging from the ending of SoR, I get the feeling we may come to endure the EXACT same come the next expansion. Assuming that is the case, it's not something I'm looking forward to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.