3.0 DPS Leaderboards

HumbleOlive

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting on behalf of Sibek Korin - Sniper- Engineering - 5235.6 DPS

Um, I believe that's Auvric, Korlin's most promising student. Not the Muffin King, Sibek Korin.

Also....beat my previous parse, as foretold in The Prophecy of Rivik:

Aetrus - Powertech - Pyrotech - 5119.7 DPS (TTK) - <Vicious>

Edited by Aetrus

Um, I believe that's Auvric, Korlin's most promising student. Not the Muffin King, Sibek Korin.

Also....beat my previous parse, as foretold in The Prophecy of Rivik:

Aetrus - Powertech - Pyrotech - 5119.7 DPS (TTK) - <Vicious>

Bet you ain't gonna beat your parses anymore. :D

Saffron - Scoundrel - Scrapper - 4732 - 212 <Axios Initiative>

Need more low end gear!

I've noticed the lack of scoundrel/operative dps listed... so I had to represent! Too bad I'm a healer... :rak_03:

Edited by Ujinty

So funny story (be warned, for our tale has a tragic ending):

Being the last night before 3.1.2 and the end of TK and Serenity as we know them, I decided to set aside some time for a bit of parsing to see what I could do, and to get some new footage for my youtube channel. I was parsing with TK and only hitting 4600-4700, which seemed odd, since Cortell's parse in this thread was way higher, more than could just be explained by the different set bonus. So I took a look at it to figure out what he was doing differently and, imagine my surprise (/pun avoided) when I saw that he used "Shock" 33 times. I actually logged onto my sorc to make sure I was translating the ability correctly. But sure enough, the moment I started weaving Project into my rotation (I guessed at the priority, but I assumed it was between TK Gust and TK Wave), my parses shot way up. So after shouting a number of choice expletives and ancient curses upon the name of Ktap, who wrote the (inaccurate) guide I've been following for TK since the dawn of 3.0, I made it my goal to hit 4800 before going to bed.

All was going well, managed to hit the high 4700s a couple of times, when at last, it happened! The long foretold perfect parse, everything flowing smoothly, cooldowns aligning with relic procs, good crit rate, perfect (I think) execution... and at the end of this brief, shining three minutes of heavenly sunshine, I found myself gleefully staring at a 4933 parse (4919 by TTK). As I turned to my other screen to maximize OBS and end the recording.... the blood drained from my face, and was replaced instead with distilled liquid horror, for I had -in my negligence and imbecility- forgot to hit the record button. I yearned to punch the wall or throw the nearest priceless porcelain object into a suitably destructive surface, but alas, I resisted the urge and instead channeled that frustration into another parse -this one recorded- and managed to hit 4865, a far cry from its predecessor, but a suitable fulfillment of my original goal nonetheless.

Anyone who has ever parsed can no doubt empathize with the poignant anguish I feel whenever I reflect upon that wondrous parse, but alas! it's preservation was not to be -too beautiful for this tarnished world, it was-, recollected now and forever only in mere memory and combat log.

Nevertheless, after a moment of mournful silence, I invite you to share in my ode to the brief but bracing joy that was pre-3.1.2 Telekinetics (/Lighning). Ye shall be missed, old friend.

4919 Parse (Aravail-Telekinetics-Sage-<The Remnants of Hope>)

Oh, and I did one for Serenity too, though the damage for that is only getting reduced by about 2%.

4612 (Liavara-Serenity-Shadow-<The Remnants of Hope>)

And now I have been officially up for 24 hours and really need to get some sleep.

So funny story (be warned, for our tale has a tragic ending):

Being the last night before 3.1.2 and the end of TK and Serenity as we know them, I decided to set aside some time for a bit of parsing to see what I could do, and to get some new footage for my youtube channel. I was parsing with TK and only hitting 4600-4700, which seemed odd, since Cortell's parse in this thread was way higher, more than could just be explained by the different set bonus. So I took a look at it to figure out what he was doing differently and, imagine my surprise (/pun avoided) when I saw that he used "Shock" 33 times. I actually logged onto my sorc to make sure I was translating the ability correctly. But sure enough, the moment I started weaving Project into my rotation (I guessed at the priority, but I assumed it was between TK Gust and TK Wave), my parses shot way up. So after shouting a number of choice expletives and ancient curses upon the name of Ktap, who wrote the (inaccurate) guide I've been following for TK since the dawn of 3.0, I made it my goal to hit 4800 before going to bed.

Cortell - Sorcerer - Lightning - 4805 - <Crimson Blood>

Special thanks to Aetrus for revealing the amazingness that is shock

If you need more tutoring in TK, the Dojo is always open. ;)

(Also, in 3.2 Serenity will parse higher than it previously has. Although in a raid scenario it will still probably be behind where it was.)

Edited by Aetrus

Special request to Cortell or Aravail, but maybe particularly Aravail: can you parse Balance/Madness on live? I would like to see the gap that's still between the two specs. Yesterday I was able to do both HM Commanders and HM Torque on my sorc, and I pulled 500 DPS less than last week on Commanders and 600 DPS less on Torque. Wondering if Balance might be viable by default now.

After a bit of practice I parsed around 4.3-4.5 (albeit with a lot of mistakes) so I guess madness is decent enough to bring to a raid but lightning is still better all around for damage assuming you're playing them both equally well. I guess bring madness if your healers suck and want some self heals.

After a bit of practice I parsed around 4.3-4.5 (albeit with a lot of mistakes) so I guess madness is decent enough to bring to a raid but lightning is still better all around for damage assuming you're playing them both equally well. I guess bring madness if your healers suck and want some self heals.

So, theoretically, if you have an operative healer in your raid who never puts HoTs on you, you might want to run Madness instead. Okay.

• 2 weeks later...
Special request to Cortell or Aravail, but maybe particularly Aravail: can you parse Balance/Madness on live?

Totally missed this. But yeah, I think TK is (unfortunately) still the way to go on most fights, though Balance is a lot closer at this point. I actually tried it on the walkers once (our normal bomb runners weren't around that night, so I had to do it) and put up decent numbers. I haven't done any serious parsing in either spec since 3.1.2, but back in January I got 4170 with Balance in mostly 192s, so with improved gear 4.3-4.5 sounds about right. I'm interested in seeing what happens if/when they up Force Suppression to 15 stacks. I might try using Balance on a few of the earlier HM fights to see how it fares, and just for the sake of getting some videos up of Balance in PvE if nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...