Anyone else find themselves skipping dialog?

SuberBaird

Agreed.

Repetitive? Ever stop to think how many real life languages sound repetitive? Just think of how many articles you have to use to form grammatically correct sentences in English.

Eh. You missed the point. After you hear enough of them, you can actually start to recognize the same Sound files being played from previous quests, because there aren't a lot of them for each "language."

Absolutely. Since I have the subtitles on, I usually am done reading what the NPC has to say well before he's done talking.

The highest selling point are these cutscenes and as you've mentioned, the majority are worthless to sit through given the copy & paste job they did regarding the quest content.

Mythic is the developer anyways. I made the mistake of buying WAR. I wanted to give them another chance but so far I'm unimpressed.

Thank God for Valve and that DotA 2 beta invite.

If you gonna troll at least get your facts right.....Bioware made the game not Mythic...lol

If you gonna troll at least get your facts right.....Bioware made the game not Mythic...lol

Being critical of a game's fault is trolling now? I'd consider you writing all your posts in bold to be more of a trolling move than me expressing my discontent towards the simplistic and boring quest content.

And FYI, the Mythic developers were integrated within the Bioware team to develop this game. Why do you think this game is 40GB and functions on outdated technology? Because Mythic had a hand it.

Now before you go accuse people of trolling, you get your facts right.

I personally enjoy the degree of voice acting a lot, I've skipped VERY few conversations. When I played LOTRO I used to skip down to the bottom of the quest text and just see what it was they wanted me to do. I didn't really care to take the time to read a large box of text explaining why I had to do some generic quest.

They atleast have made the side quest story lines somewhat interesting and I enjoy having my goal read to me in a story rather than just a text box.

I've been skipping a lot of the non class quest dialog post level 20, unless there's an interesting storyline going on. I'm just a bit too eager to get on with the more generic quests and don't feel the desire to hear them prattle on. It's not a criticism and hopefully I'll take more time on alts.

I also get worried when in unsafe pvp areas of getting ganked while talking to the quest givers. I assume that is possible.

a large portion of the Devs for this game are MYTHIC devs now...EA merged them a long time ago because *gasp* Warhammer sucked...

Unfortunately those Mythic devs brought alot of Warhammer with them...

Perhaps your the troll? Quick Get it!!!

Edited by Trevalon

My first run through I am painstakingly forcing myself to sit through every quest and their associated dialog. Once all side quests have been listened to, never again will I listen to them. Class quests will still be listened to though (if for a class I haven't done yet).

a large portion of the Devs for this game are MYTHIC devs now...EA merged them a long time ago because *gasp* Warhammer sucked...

Unfortunately those Mythic devs brought alot of Warhammer with them...

Perhaps your the troll? Quick Get it!!!

It's nice to see that not everyone in these forums is oblivious to the game's fault.

After the honeymoon phase is over, I really dont see myself playing this game with Diablo 3, Blade and Soul, and Guild Wars 2 all coming out next year.

Thanks for nothing again Mythic!

Was really stoked for it to begin with... a lot of the quests have really uninspired dialogues with nothing happening on screen though, these I tend to space bar through after reading. Every now and then I get a quest that is fun to sit through though.

It's nice to see that not everyone in these forums is oblivious to the game's fault.

After the honeymoon phase is over, I really dont see myself playing this game with Diablo 3, Blade and Soul, and Guild Wars 2 all coming out next year.

Thanks for nothing again Mythic!

And its so sad too :( Mythic was GREAT with DAOC. I mean really, DAOC was such a great game...but then Warhammer was just so terrible ...

I see so much of Warhammer in this game. It makes me cringe everytime I see something that reminds me of Warhammer, but that's just the way it is.

Sigh...I blame EA and LA - Both of them suck...