AP Powertech needs a serious nerf.

Pathlight-

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys.

Lets be real here.

Only real "change" to the PT burst class was the addition of Energy Burst. As we all have pointed out, Pyro before 3.0 = AP in 3.0. What was changed? Energy Burst. It crits for 14k and is given an autocrit every one minute (so basically for-sure in our opener).

If we REALLY want to tone down the burst, it isn't Shoulder Cannon. It's Energy Burst. And if they tone that down, Kolto Overload + 30% DR better become a freaking baseline for PT's.

Exactly, as mentioned before. Should be a filler not an execute.

On the other hand the dcds are terrible.

Edited by Aetideus

OK so I have read through this thread and this is what I have to say. VGs and PTs are considered over powered now due to their burst. Some healers cried about this and I pose a question. Do you honestly think you should be unmolested while healing?

What I have seen from the VG PT is that now there is a class that evens the odds. There are no longer these huge stalemates that take 20 minutes to complete. Arenas no longer take 18 minutes to complete if you go the distance into gas. People are crying about the PTs burst and all this when as a PT I still die more than any other class.

Its not because I need to learn how to play its not because I don't know my cool downs. It is because I am focused always have been as a PT. I now have the ability to take people with me and at least be in competition with the other high burst specs. PT does not just instantly burst someone down there are things to mitigate it you just have to be quick enough and skilled enough. People don't understand that skill is required to survive now. Ranged have escapes roots immunities and now there is a class to bridge the gap between ranged and melee and people think its over powered? Why? Is it because you died a few times in a warzone against another player? If you didn't want to die why not stick to a training dummy? From everything I have seen things are fairly well balanced. Marauders need a buff they seem to melt on any toon I play snipers as well and mercs deffinately need some defensive buff although a lot of players don't use the Field Aid that give a DR bonus when you activate it.

It is to early to tell a class that may feel over powered now might have a hard counter that no one has discovered yet. The shoulder cannons I think may be a little bugged but most smart PTs wouldn't use it for initial burst unless it was vs a healer they would use it defensively to survive while being attacked which usually involves being stunned. Sins also may have a new hard counter we haven't found yet but I know they are the hard counter to PTs. IF enough time passes and no hard counter is found then offer a tweak.

Being able to fire 7 rockets in 2 GCDs isn't "fine."

Shoulder cannon was meant to supplement your burst, in its current state, shoulder cannon *is* your burst.

The full load and unload cd is 1.07 sec.

Similarly, with Assin Darkness Depredating Volts I had 20k dmg in 2.9s every 1.15. Nobody cares.

The issue with AP is that CB can be used effectively every 15s and both are loaded on the start.

Edited by Aetideus

To me it seems that the people who usually ***** want their team to live while the other team dies. You don't always win. You don't always live in warzones. You aren't always the best player. If no one ever died which seems to be what some of the posters want this game would be absolute horse ****. If you won all the time it would just be normal and wouldn't feel special enjoy the fact you have to fight for the win and not have it handed to you.

To me it seems that the people who usually ***** want their team to live while the other team dies. You don't always win. You don't always live in warzones. You aren't always the best player. If no one ever died which seems to be what some of the posters want this game would be absolute horse ****. If you won all the time it would just be normal and wouldn't feel special enjoy the fact you have to fight for the win and not have it handed to you.

Oh, so reminding of the smash era...This kind of stuff was pulled out to convince that everythings well :)

Edited by Aetideus

Im not saying everything is well im saying that not enough time has passed to make a huge call before things are even working properly. BW does take its time but people should die in warzones. Boring fights that take ****in forever to finish suck to be honest. The fun in pvp is fighting other players. If people were'nt supposed to die we would all be healers and there would be no dps classes. Most posters don't take that into consideration. Edited by headshot_hendo

energy burst might need to be toned down, but that's not on demand burst. it's like PFT for plasmatech, except instead of building stacks every gcd with flame burst, it only builds stacks with rail, which is limited to every 6s. for max energy burst, you need to build 4 stacks. that, my friend, is a lot of setup. consider that you can build 3 stacks and smash someone twice in just 6s. I really don't think energy burst is a game breaker. at least not when it works as described. once again, fix SC first. see what that does to things.

also, make plasmatech tankier or give PFT sharper teeth. because in the time it takes me to setup my "burst" I can be killed twice over by at least 3 other ACs.

PG/SFT can be preloaded too by spamming EC.

Edited by Aetideus

I find it hilarious that most of the people complaining are assassin, sorc and operative players. But of course, those classes are totally fine. : sarcasm : Heaven forbid troopers and bounty hunters be able to kill said classes.

Not every assassin plays hatred nor do we all use dark stability.

Not every assassin plays hatred nor do we all use dark stability.
True, but most do. If there is anything I have learned about pvp in this game, its that majority of people choose the most powerful classes, and then when something starts to hold up against them, they scream nerf.

True, but most do. If there is anything I have learned about pvp in this game, its that majority of people choose the most powerful classes, and then when something starts to hold up against them, they scream nerf.

Well some of us have been advocating for the nerf of hatred and outright removal of dark stability.

Well some of us have been advocating for the nerf of hatred and outright removal of dark stability.
Then I applaud you. You are one of the good ones. Unfortunately that is not the case with most. I have had more matches than I can count which were completely comprised of sorcerers assassins and operatives. And those matches were so annoying I could have spontaneously combusted. I have no problem fighting off AP / tactics vanguards right now with my merc / commando. I DO on the other hand have huge problems fighting ops, sins and sorcs.

Still keeping ur moral decisions eh ? LOL

Stop beeing suck a fool and play hatred b4 it geets nerfed to the ground bioware style :cool:

Why should I? There's nothing wrong with deception if you know how to play it. Hatred is boring, both because of the playstyle and how broken it is.

The full load and unload cd is 1.07 sec.

Similarly, with Assin Darkness Depredating Volts I had 20k dmg in 2.9s every 1.15. Nobody cares.

Except depredating volts isn't off the GCD, and I highly doubt you are getting 20k per channel, plus I can fire off all of my rockets in the time you channel that one ability, and my 7 rockets will most certainly do 20k.

The issue with AP is that CB can be used effectively every 15s and both are loaded on the start.

And it can only be used that rapidly at the start and even then so what? Heatseekers and Ambush have a flat 15 second cooldown, and the latter ability has a autocrit for the first and the second time its used.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Why should I? There's nothing wrong with deception if you know how to play it. Hatred is boring, both because of the playstyle and how broken it is.

keep saying it, one day you will convince urself. If they bring deception back as it was in pre 3.0 i will return to play my sin. Deception atm is useless, i have more burst in hatred spec, + self healing dot spread, too much stuff

keep saying it, one day you will convince urself. If they bring deception back as it was in pre 3.0 i will return to play my sin. Deception atm is useless, i have more burst in hatred spec, + self healing dot spread, too much stuff

Read my post on the Assassin subforum. Barely anything about deception was changed in 3.0. The spec is perfectly fine. I'm not having any issues with it, perhaps the issue here is your own lack of capability with the spec.

Except depredating volts isn't off the GCD, and I highly doubt you are getting 20k per channel, plus I can fire off all of my rockets in the time you channel that one ability, and my 7 rockets will most certainly do 20k.

And it can only be used that rapidly at the start and even then so what? Heatseekers and Ambush have a flat 15 second cooldown, and the latter ability has a autocrit for the first and the second time its used.

That ability (sin tank one) must hit hard with recklessness, because there's a pair of sins on our server (Ivy and Frost, sure you know them) that used to run dark maul. Now, they just run tank spec in full DPS gear minus shield, and Iso (think that's frost) took me down 30-40% of my HP with one use of that ability. Not even kidding. May have been cause I was on my op and lolsquishy, but I dunno.

That ability (sin tank one) must hit hard with recklessness, because there's a pair of sins on our server (Ivy and Frost, sure you know them) that used to run dark maul. Now, they just run tank spec in full DPS gear minus shield, and Iso (think that's frost) took me down 30-40% of my HP with one use of that ability. Not even kidding. May have been cause I was on my op and lolsquishy, but I dunno.

I'm still shocked those morons play at all anymore. I was sure they were going to ragequit the game when their super OP BS hybrid was removed.

Still keeping ur moral decisions eh ? LOL

Stop beeing suck a fool and play hatred b4 it geets nerfed to the ground bioware style :cool:

lol - that's me with tactics. when I finally get frustrated with all the tactics and AP guys rolling over me in plasmatech, I'll hop over to the tactics VG, knock out a few pvp dailies and craft some augment kits. honestly, though, it feels cheap to play that spec, even if its survivability is low. the particularly frustrating thing is that plasmatech survivability is lower, and (therefore?) I get singled-out and focused first more often on the plasmatech! eesh.

Read my post on the Assassin subforum. Barely anything about deception was changed in 3.0. The spec is perfectly fine. I'm not having any issues with it, perhaps the issue here is your own lack of capability with the spec.

probably im bad with it, im humble ( u know who im talking about ;) ), but i prefer the previos rng around the class, double duplicity proc, now is bad, useless, deception should be a burst spec, but i have the same burst + sustained + self haling+dot spread, in hatred, so..., i dont play it because i dont like it, but there are 0 reasons to prefer deception over hatred, unless u like the gameplay( i did, now is meh)

Quote: Originally Posted by Mega_Fallos View Post

man, I have all classes excluding powertech only, but i have play with powertechs and vs powertechs in arena's, normal wz's. Powertech don't need nerf, I'm sure 100%. learn to play your class.

lol i can just say i played a vanguard 55 for the first time in dps (the famous tactit/AP) and it's totally broken and so easy. even if you don't master the class..

and in PvP they are totally overpowered. how can we deny this srly?

Edited by Thaladan