Nightmare SnV is broken. Please fix.

Please fix boss fights with adds hitting for 23k on auto attacks. I'm guessing the scaling for difficulty went wrong for update 3.0. Some of us were really looking forward to getting Kell Dragon Gear, but now its virtually impossible. Edited by Darth_Validus
Grammar check.

Please fix boss fights with adds hitting for 23k on auto attacks. I'm guessing the scaling for difficulty went wrong for update 3.0. Some of us were really looking forward to getting Kell Dragon Gear, but now its virtually impossible.

It seems you are having trouble with Olok the Shadow.

That mechanic has always been there

You have to get rid of the droids that give the "Package Deal" buff or all the adds do significantly more damage. Its even been known to hit for 40k/hit pre 3.0

Edited by TACeMossie

You have to get rid of the droids that give the "Package Deal" buff or all the adds do significantly more damage. Its even been known to hit for 40k/hit pre 3.0

Even with one stack? Because its impossible to not have one stack.

Last week when my guild rolled through NiM for commendations, we found a bug as well. A guild member of mine posted more information in this thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=783242. The damage output is twice what it should be; we haven't had problems prior to 3.0 and were regularly clearing Olok for number of months with very few issues.

Thanks

same we got to olok NiM last week and the Assault droids wiped us within seconds, we have been breezing passed him for the last 12 months without any problems at all. Though we would doa quick Dragonslayer run the bosses before were fine no issues at all. Hope they fix this soon a nice way to get some coms and SnV is still a fun ops to do

Oh its possible. You keep resetting the fight till there is only one of those droids in each row, and use your tokens to purchase that specific droid.

Umm.. That's not at all how it worked on nim before 3.0. Just like on hm you could have one in each row and be fine. If you need to get a magic pattern where you don't have any up at all that's different and bugged.

Umm.. That's not at all how it worked on nim before 3.0. Just like on hm you could have one in each row and be fine. If you need to get a magic pattern where you don't have any up at all that's different and bugged.

I know, was just saying thats how you would get past him in his current state :p

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I said this in my thread ill say it here, Its not the package deal, I've cleared this for the past year +

Copy and paste from my old thread, the adds do double what they should.

The game says [1:25:35] Defeated by P-2B Assault Droid with Ranged Attack [16986 damage].

Parsec says 13:25:35:213 P-2B Assault Droid hits you with ranged attack for 7910 energy damage.

Like the OP said people want there Kell dragon gear, I don't really care for it seeing as I have a full set but I do like this operation and I have mates that want to do it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=783242&highlight=Broken

The game says [1:25:35] Defeated by P-2B Assault Droid with Ranged Attack [16986 damage].

Parsec says 13:25:35:213 P-2B Assault Droid hits you with ranged attack for 7910 energy damage.

This doesn't really prove anything. The attacks of those assault droids are split up in 2 or 3 hits. If you get killed by it, ingame the chat says you got killed by ~17k damage, because it recognizes the complete attack.

But in parsec you see that you got 2 hits with ~7.5k each, because it displays every singe hit you take, not the attacks. It's similar to a Mandos Hammershot. It has 5 hits with ~300 damage each, but if someone kills you with it, it says 1.5k damage in ingame chat.

I'm NOT saying with this, that these are the damage values that should be in place, since I don't really know, I'm just explaining how such things come to pass ;)

It isn't "Package Deal". Everyone knows about this mechanic since its release. These bots hit like trucks & if it was hitting a person for 40k pre 3.0; either the tank lacked mitigation or people stood in bad. I've tanked and dps'ed that fight. The bots have never hit for the hard, on HM or NiM. The logs prove it; end of story.

Edited by JediRoshan

1shot olok last time I was there, I see no problems...

You might have 1 shot it but its definitely broken, this post doesn't really help anyone trying to do it.

If anyone's interested how my group got past it, we had 2 guardian tanks that alternated usage of saber ward/saber reflect on assault droids that were up, we also tried to leave as few up as possible, as the assault droids will hit for 24k unmitigated every gcd, you need cooldowns to tank them. The artillery droids still hit very hard (I believe they're around 16k every other gcd), but its more manageable, so save lighter cooldowns for rows with them, and absolutely do not get hit by their big red circles.

Also, for any rows with assault droids, have DPS focus them first, and artillery droids second, everything else after (instead of the other way around). Example, on the pull we killed it we had an artillery droid and 3 mailbox droids on the last row, we focused the artillery droid first and just had everyone else (dps/heals) pop cooldowns, as the artillery was the biggest threat in its bugged state, even though normally you'd kill the mailbox droids first.

It's also easier to break the fight now by bursting the buyer too hard and killing him before you get all 8 coins. You can go down to the bottom like normal when he dies, but you have to deal with any package deals you didn't get to buy out. This was doable before if you tried, but it's a lot easier to accidentally do it now with how hard dps are hitting. Edited by namesaretough