PVP Republic Trooper Steath Detection

BlairSparks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except it doesn't need to be made better. It functions exactly how its supposed to.

It works for you because you are a stealth player. And you want it to work that way. And I admit, that I like it that way as well. Especially when I play my stealth toon because it is easy to avoid detection.

It works for you because you are a stealth player. And you want it to work that way. And I admit, that I like it that way as well. Especially when I play my stealth toon because it is easy to avoid detection.

I have a PT.... You're getting the wrong idea about this ability. Its not a defensive skill. It "can" be used as a deterrent on nodes to get stealthers to step back and be more cautious, but really we have shoulder cannons to deal with stealthers when node guarding. Stealth scan is more of an offensive tool. Stealther combat stealths and you drop down stealth scan. 9 time out of 10 I catch a stealther running away with combat stealth using stealth scan. In arena's i can be used to catch the aoe stealth. I've had a lot of matches where it was the key part of a win in the round because we caught them off guard.

I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend how this ability is meant to be used but the ability functions perfectly fine.

/popcorn

his responses are poorly spaced and formatted. And while they may be entertaining and humorous, its not worth my time to read through that :confused:

Well good for you and better for us. Well! You have room to talk ! Your 8th grade writing skills are shown, clearly. It is always interesting to view your inability to properly start and write a complete sentence. I love your improper use of conjunctions as well. It is very entertaining and humorous!

I have a PT.... You're getting the wrong idea about this ability. Its not a defensive skill. It "can" be used as a deterrent on nodes to get stealthers to step back and be more cautious, but really we have shoulder cannons to deal with stealthers when node guarding. Stealth scan is more of an offensive tool. Stealther combat stealths and you drop down stealth scan. 9 time out of 10 I catch a stealther running away with combat stealth using stealth scan. In arena's i can be used to catch the aoe stealth. I've had a lot of matches where it was the key part of a win in the round because we caught them off guard.

I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend how this ability is meant to be used but the ability functions perfectly fine.

You are clearly full of sh--. Last time, I checked the dictionary, deterrent is another word for defense. Offense and deterrent are antonyms, if you guard something you defended it. Have you ever used stealth detection to score in hut ball? of course not, no one does so there is nothing offensive about it. If you catch someone running away and they activate the swift run, you still won't be able to catch them, all you will be able to do is see them run away, so what is offensive about seeing a toon run away? You can't damage them with the skill , so how is it offensive? To be offensive in the game, you damage someone with an attack skill. There is nothing offensive about stealth detection. It is like saying, "I heal my companion so he can attack, therefore healing is an offensive skill." That is just absurd, just like the rest of your logic. You're just one of those guys that just likes to argue, ok so your illogical opinion is noted and I am so done with this thread!

Edited by BlairSparks

10/10. Eagerly awaiting any and all future writings of BlairSparks.

LOL! I am so done with this thread! I'll just go back to playing the game. This is all a waste of time and a way for people to ***** at each other. But I would like to add, I am glad you had fun watching me waste my time, there is no reason to entertain a bunch of fools who just like argue and read these post. If I learned anything from all this it was your comment that was the most helpful and you brought me back from the dark side thanks Pearlie!

Edited by BlairSparks

i did, tremendous luck, but in general it's useful in certain spots, platform in voidstar and the door or the bridge or catwalks in arenas and huttball. it's not really for node guarding.

and it's to prevent them to vanish, you pop it while the operative/sin is stunlocked and ganked

edit, having it dealing damage or have some buff would be really cool

Edited by JouerTue

You can't damage them with the skill , so how is it offensive?

Nah man he's right. I suggest trying it out. You will believe and laugh your *** off at how good and offensive it can be. Skilled Sins know the scan tricks and can be hard to nail, but most in regs get discombobulated and fall for them. For ex:

1. Sneaky Sin opens on you or someone else

2. They IC stealth and try to escape or set up another opener, and give you an idea which way they're going

3. Drop stealth scan on their path

4. Pull them

5. Chuckle like a RL PT

6. CC and/or burst them to death

Edited by Joesixxpack

You are clearly full of sh--. Last time, I checked the dictionary, deterrent is another word for defense. Offense and deterrent are antonyms, if you guard something you defended it. Have you ever used stealth detection to score in hut ball? of course not, no one does so there is nothing offensive about it. If you catch someone running away and they activate the swift run, you still won't be able to catch them, all you will be able to do is see them run away, so what is offensive about seeing a toon run away? You can't damage them with the skill , so how is it offensive? To be offensive in the game, you damage someone with an attack skill. There is nothing offensive about stealth detection. It is like saying, "I heal my companion so he can attack, therefore healing is an offensive skill." That is just absurd, just like the rest of your logic. You're just one of those guys that just likes to argue, ok so your illogical opinion is noted and I am so done with this thread!

Not sure you know enough about this game or English to comment on here so stop. You can use the stealth scan for many things. If a stealther gets caught in it, they can get stuck, which is a spec you can select. That seems kinda offensive. If I see an operative, I use it all the time to put it right behind me to counter their open attack. If it is not useful for you, then that is fine. It is useful for others as is.

as a sin, the reality is stealth scan is somewhat less viable now since stealth burst doesn't pack the punch it used to, for operative or sin. As was said previously, it's not impossible to get around a stealth scan, but it does make things harder. A good scan isn't set up just in the hope that someone walks through it, but instead is used situationally, for instance... I can't reapply my main stealth because I'm in combat so I pop by other one, you drop your scan immediately, and now I can't do anything... again, not a big deal since most are playing dot spec now, but it eliminates the "oh **** im'ma die, better get outta here" option if the trooper knows how to use it correctly.

Like everything else in pvp, every skill you use is situational, there are no long rotations, or "do this all the time" plans in pvp, it's just, "what's the right thing to do at this particular moment" and if a sin can stealth out, heal up and get back in, you're in trouble... if you can keep them visible and in the fight, you're much better off

Well good for you and better for us. Well! You have room to talk ! Your 8th grade writing skills are shown, clearly. It is always interesting to view your inability to properly start and write a complete sentence. I love your improper use of conjunctions as well. It is very entertaining and humorous!

Your sentences are hardly more complex than mine. I forwent capitalization, because it's another fingerstroke that I didn't want to make. Proper capitalization and grammar gives a certain tone to my writing, a tone that I did not want to bring to a reader's mind when typing that post.

Grammar is not the most objective discipline, and so certain rules are arbitrary. The "do not end a sentence with a preposition" and "do not begin a sentence with a conjunction" do nothing to eliminate ambiguity of meaning from writing.

I care not enough to analyze all of your writing, but a cursory look suggests -

Once again the Super Ego Trooper really can't seem to let it go. You had no augment, you stated your individual opinion and I didn't agree with it. It was that simple. Then you made it clear to me with your condescending tone that you play better than everyone else, or at least you're trying to convince me of that. You [are/were] (you were talking in past tense, it's good practice to stay with one tense) trying to tell me you're such a skilled player? Assuming that I was a Trooper player, and then trying to what, give me fatherly advice on how to play that character? <--- (This is a sentence fragment) By bragging about how many ways you can use the skill, well you're missing the point completely. Once again we are not here to talk about your Trooper Talents. I am not impressed, It's not all about you. <--(That comma should have been a period?) Even though you consider yourself the center of STWOR Universe. <--(sentence fragment) We are here to discuss the Trooper skill that could possibly be made better in a Team setting. Last time I checked there is no I in Team. So being a skilled Trooper you have really missed the mark. Get it now or are you going to continue to make yourself look foolish?

I do not claim to have immaculate grammar, but my sentences are surely coherent.

LOL! I am so done with this thread! I'll just go back to playing the game. This is all a waste of time and a way for people to ***** at each other. But I would like to add, I am glad you had fun watching me waste my time, there is no reason to entertain a bunch of fools who just like argue and read these post. If I learned anything from all this it was your comment that was the most helpful and you brought me back from the dark side thanks Pearlie!

Don't take what people say to heart here man. These guys are 1. Bored at work and need something to read (like me) or 2. Are just some elitist FOTM playing ******* whos think they are big and bad in a video game. Don't pay any attention to key board warroirs most can even bench 100 pounds.

Don't take what people say to heart here man. These guys are 1. Bored at work and need something to read (like me) or 2. Are just some elitist FOTM playing ******* whos think they are big and bad in a video game. Don't pay any attention to key board warroirs most can even bench 100 pounds.

Have you even read anything being said here? The OP has no argument.

No, the OP is accurate. Stealth detection sucks. It needs to be overhauled. In addition to its current (horrendous) functionality, the radius should be expanded to 2,000m, it should stun anyone it catches for 17 minutes, and it really needs to cause everyone on the other team to enjoy no more than 5fps for the rest of the match.

No the OP is stating an opinion. The opinion of the OP then turned into an argument do to you guys trying to burn him down for voicing his opinion. So ill say it again. opinion. Now go read the last line of the OP tell me what it says.

No I understand him completely. Stealth scan should be bigger. He is talking about stealth scanning out of the blue which is pure luck not skill. That said does stealth class have a vanish that makes them undetectable for a few seconds? I'm 100% sure tho tbh I don't play those classes. Anyway to the OP yes try to "guess" where they are after a vanish is the best way to use it or plot when a smuggler uses smuggle is the best way to get people cu it's a group which is easier to hit.

no. it should not be bigger. but it does need a shorter icd. it's a relatively small aoe. because of that, there's nothing inherently wrong in making it repeatable as soon as the first one expires. :2cents:

however, this is not a balance issue. there are many more serious things going on right now than this. beginning with the ICD on SC and the sins running around with 12-16s of stun immunity. Mercs need some seriously better dcds or far more effective (self) heals.

No the OP is stating an opinion. The opinion of the OP then turned into an argument do to you guys trying to burn him down for voicing his opinion. So ill say it again. opinion. Now go read the last line of the OP tell me what it says.

He stated an opinion, and I disagreed with him, and presented a few situations in which Stealth Scan is very useful. For some reason, he THOUGHT (I emphasize this word) that I called him out or something, because in his next message, he started a rant about how good he is on his stealther, how he always avoids Stealth Scan, how the PTs in his guild can kick my ***, and how I am not as good as I think I am. All of what he wrote, had NOTHING to do with my message.

The only thing that might have been seen as an "attack" was my statement: "Just because you don't know how to use it, doesn't mean that the ability is useless". And as it turned out from the messages that he posted after that, I was right.

Also, as Zunayson pointed out, his grammar is very bad.

Edited by Derzelaz

Not using stealth scan properly, comes into PvP forums and complains about it. Anticipate your enemy, stealth scan is an amazing tool. If you're placing it randomly fishing for a stealth, you're using it wrong. Edited by Devilk

i remember reading this thread at first and thinking it was mostly a l2 play issue. Actually after playing my vanguard, the activation time on the skill IS incredibly slow. I'm not sure I would even call it slow the skill just seems to have a delay on it. Compared to other easy AOE skills that can be used to detect stealthers, stealth scan is MEANT to detect stealth units and it fails in a lot of ways compared to other skills that aren't solely meant to detect. You honestly have a better chance of launching a mortar salvo and finding somebody compared to the slow delay/activation of stealth scan. I agree op, dont listen to the rest!

OP,you've gotta be kidding.

The SD ability was one of the most used abilities back when i used to play powertech, and was on an easy and intuitive keybind.The second someone goes to stealth , instantly use it on the area, and he is crewed.

+ the things others have said.

Edited by Kaedusz

Your sentences are hardly more complex than mine. I forwent capitalization, because it's another fingerstroke that I didn't want to make. Proper capitalization and grammar gives a certain tone to my writing, a tone that I did not want to bring to a reader's mind when typing that post. Maybe, I had the same reasons that you had for typing my posts; however, you started this particular debate. If you are going to insult, someone about their writing skill, don't you think that you should have better writing skills then them? I think that It makes you look ignorant and uneducated if you don't. Coming up with an excuse for your lack of education is not a reason for poor writing skills. I was an officer in the U.S. Army, and I served my country. I am a professor, at the local college and I play this game for fun. However, I am sure, you surpass everyone else in your ability to play Star Wars. What a contribution to our society. Yes, you educate us on your eloquently, misuse of our English grammar. Oh, I just used a 10 dollar word, now that is coming from someone who is educated and a published author. You on the other hand, are trying to sound educated, you must have forwent your English class, so you could set the tone for those who are not educated and to convince them that you are? Surely, you are, maybe, I'm just being facetious, I am sorry, you are smart! Oh, I forgot to tell you, "Finger stroke." I believe, is two words, but I'm sure you knew that, Sir! I hope those who worship you in the gaming world will not be offended by this. They should know that grammar and gaming are two different things and grammar is your weakness. So, shall we now take a look at your writing?

Grammar is not the most objective discipline, and so certain rules are arbitrary. The "do not end a sentence with a preposition" and "do not begin a sentence with a conjunction" do nothing to eliminate ambiguity of meaning from writing. I am not sure what to call this? There is no proper, noun placement to make the run-on sentence possessive. There is the misuse of quotations that would even, offend an eighth grader. It is clear that you are trying to sound intelligent, however, "Oh my God! Your not" Please Note: The proper use of preposition, prior to the use of a comma splice. Furthermore, the proper use of transitions and interjections with quotations. Oh, by the way, the prior sentence is a cumulative sentence and not a fragment. If you are even, educated enough to know what one is.

I care not enough to analyze all of your writing, but a cursory look suggests -This is a fragment of a sentence and the writer's thought process is incomplete. The dash at the end of the sentence is misused. The dash might have had a proper use, if it was used as an insertion into a comic strip, expression bubble; however, we are talking about proper formal writing and this is clearly an F plus. The writer clearly, shows a lack of formal education in his ability to write.

I do not claim to have immaculate grammar, but my sentences are surely coherent"][/color] Really, this sentence is not coherent to me and this sentence was written, specifically for me to read. Oh, I forgot, I should be able to read the writer's mind and it's all about him! So let's take a look at his sentence structure. This sentence, improperly uses a coordinate conjunction. There is not a proper transition placed within this sentence.

I would like to take the time to apologize for my lazy, sentence structure that I may have used in other posts. However, I never insulted anyone about their technical writing skills within their posts, On the other hand, this clown did. The discussion of this tread was originally about a trooper skill. I was offended by the individual who opened with the condescending statement of, "I don't mean to sound like a jerk but." That type of statements sets a tone for aggressive writing and debate. If you did not mean it to be personal then I will not take it personal. It is just a disagreement on a video game, but I also, have a life.

Now as for the guy that contributed nothing to the discussion and was too good to express his opinion, this is what I have to write.

Ok, this was, originally a discussion on a trooper skill, but because you, started your first attack on my writing and typographical mistakes, rather than talk about the game. I am happy to debate you on proper, grammatical structure. Because, I happen to have a formal education in English and writing. I have an M.A. with that discipline. I happen to teach English and creative writing at Red Rocks Community College in Denver. I am an author and co-author of two published history books.

So, you picked out a few phrases from a conversation that did not involve you, now, shall we start to analyze your horrible sentence structure. Do you really want to go down that road? Your Grammar is much more fragmented and appalling than mine. I don't think you want to do that because the small bit that we have just looked at is embarrassing and it makes you look like a fool. So, if you don't understand what I mean, buy a copy of St. Martian's Guide to writing, and go back to school. I just don't have anymore time to spare on your absurdness, anymore.

As for you Pearlie, Darth, Jou, Icyk, you are all probably some, but if not the few, "Down to Earth" individuals that I respect in this community. You know exactly what I am writing about, I feel sorry for the others that can't understand what I am suggesting. Now, I know why most of society refers to some of these clowns as dorks. I started this tread to try to write about a skill that I thought could be better, because bio ware directed me to go to the forums. Now, I find out it's just a way for a bunch cyber trolls to get on, sling a bunch of insults and try to prove how great they are in the gaming world, because no one takes their advise in life, seriously, in the real world. I hope everyone had fun, reading my thread! It certainly was an entertaining ride.

Edited by BlairSparks