Underlurker Bugged

Icebergy

we have the same problem on hardmode.

Devastation = green = death ppl/get huge dmg.

Devastation = green-orange = ppl get no dmg.

Devastation = red = death ppl or get small dmg.

and so on..

U needn't the tank swap. -> thats also not the real mechanic!

Many ppl of us did have moderate lags in this fight if the adds spawn and the storm begin. (not my problem)

i dont know what to do..

i can show a vid in a few days if u want.

but

ALL WHO HAS THAT PROBLEM?! - PLS REPORT IT!

Edited by PsykoGoD

There's more to it than simply having 7 on each side. There is an additional mechanic to just splitting heals and dps to each side.

Really? That should be common sense by now! Most 16m groups do split up heals / Raid Frames.

If they don't... well then yes.. as Keypek mentioned you should have your heals/dps balanced on both sides.

So more "TECHNICAL" in case it's not clear: 1 Tank, 2 Heal/5 DPS, 2 Heal/5 DPS, 1 Tank.... better? :rolleyes:

Thought i would post a link here to the discussion about the many issues going on with the Underlurker fight in Temple of Sacrifice on the off chance we will get a dev response. This fight is broken and it would be nice to have some idea if you are aware of the issues and are looking into it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=783945

Bioware, there are two threads in the Operations forum discussing this and hoping for some response:

Underlurker bugged

and

Underlurker casting too soon?

In 8 man story mode, these seem to mostly happen when he leaps to the main tank with aggro near the edge of the room.

• I have seen the cross turn yellow

• I have received confident statements of different cross positions in different clients (i.e. 7 of us were in one cross setup, and the main tank was between two arms at a 45 deg angle and extremely confident he had been standing in his arm the entire time)

The workarounds discussed are to ensure the maintank isn't leaped to by being the farthest from the boss, and then ensuring he gets to mid-room so there is time and space to get a proper cross. If correct it is doable, but not ideal or convenient.

If the tank doesn't get knocked back, he insta casts. Follow the mechanics and have the tank be knocked back and you won't fail it.

I suppose that could be the case, since I first noticed this in our alt run and we had a VG tanking. I guess he might have used Hold the Line, maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, and a new bug discovered last night. Wiped first pull in 8m story mode, and all 8 of us rezzed a instance start (i.e. didn't leave instance or reset phase). When getting back to underlurker, there was an invisible remnant of one of the large blocks one must hide behind during rage storm. It was invisible on all screens, but physically blocked movement and line of sight. Couldn't really screen capture, and don't have video functions to show me running in place. It was just inside the entrance to Underlurker's room, and we didn't look if others were present from the previous pull.

Don't know if it cleared itself after the boss pull though, and we were able to kill with no cross failures and only one or two green crosses that did significant damage to the group.

Edited by bdatt

Blue telegraphs are completely screwy. This isn't a picture of me or my team but is a perfect example of issues that lots of folks are having in this thread. I'm hoping theres an easy workaround for this bug but I think this issue is server based, not client side.

And I'm pretty tired of doing jumping through additional hoops in addition to mechanics that are challenging. SM, sure just push through the damage. In HM unless I'm not aware of some major thing that we're doing causing the telegraphs to appear different for different people we CAN'T heal through red telegraph after red telegraph spike damage.

He no longer consistently jumps to the main tank.

When he does, he slides along the floor at an increased speed compared to pre-3.0.2, making it difficult to get to the boss on time for the cross mechanic.

The cross mechanic. Probably more temperamental than previously. This mechanic needs to be revised as it is just too inconsistent. Be it due to client side graphic error, or server side lag. It's is just too inconsistent.

It is damn near impossible to beat. We got close to beating this boss last night, but this has been bugged since release now. Are we REALLY going to have to wait 3 weeks for another patch that might or might not fix this boss? Sorry for my tone, but some of us were really looking forward to this getting fixed, we go in and find... well, this.... and are now kind of annoyed with the thought of waiting 3 more weeks for what may or may not make this boss a lot more of a story mode boss and a lot less hit or miss... and miss... and miss....

I know there are posts elsewhere, but I did not see a post in this particular forum. Officially, Underlurker is not working as designed. I urge BW to test this keeping in mind that the gaming community does not have a direct connection to the server.

The true mechanic in this fight (or so I believe) is for the tank to be at a different rock from the rest of the raid. This was the boss jumps to someone other than the tank and then walks to the tank who can then position it in the middle of the room before the cross. Latency / server issues are preventing the game from registering the players positions that cause cross to fail.

The workaround is everyone stacking behind the same rock, but this introduces a lot of uncertainty in the fight and will wipe a HM raiding group since the cross does upwards of 60k damage. At least in SM, a failed cross is survivable, but it is not in HM.

I would suggest that BW enlarge the cross area. At least enlarge the front and back cross because I think that is the primary reason for the failed cross. The DPS area for cross is large enough to avoid connection issues, but I bet those smaller cross areas that are in front and back of the boss are easily messed up due to connection.

The other option is to limit the cross damage to one player so an occasionally failed cross is recoverable in HM. I do not think the cross should be taken out, but some changes must be made to make this fight doable. Some guilds have cleared this but most people are not willing to spend 5 hours on one fight and then post a kill video from just getting super lucky.

I think the community would ATLEAST appreciate an official response that says it is working as intended or you are looking at it. Please, just some information acknowledging or dismissing the complaints would go a long way with the people who pay for this game.

Thank you.

Edited by Bravari

I would honestly suggest that they simply remove the cross mechanic, at least from SM, until they can guarantee that it is fixed. Even with everyone in position, the cross still fails. Not to mention that some people see the cross at different positions, so we can have people standing all over the damn room, while on their screens, it shows them as being in the right place.

The cross is just a bad mechanic, period. It needs to go, at least until it is actually fixed.

redesigning the fight would be much harder than simply making some changes. If cross was taken out, this fight would be trivial and boring. The cross should remain, but should be more forgiving and accommodating to players without direct connections to the server.

Alternatively, forcing underlurker to wait 10-15 seconds under all circumstances would also alleviate issues with connection problems.

Moving the cross phase to directly after a long stationary phase would also help. Synchronization would be more likely between clients and server. Leaving underlurker in whatever position he did his scream from woud probably work fine. We'd get the knockback, the cross would display, we'd go to our spots. The idea of having a very sketchy leap/walk/display scripted in there... really sub-par design.

Changing the cross to a circle with 4 sections would also give a greater chance of accounting for latency.

We have been clearing this since the week after 3.0 went live, and this week it turned in to unplayable garbage; none of the previously extensive 'workarounds' were enough. We'd be in the cross, but out of melee range. I'd be out of melee range, out of the cross, but couldn't leap to my target.

This mechanic is terrible, and demands much more performance than the server can reliably provide.

My guild did this and got green every time by having the off tank taunt during collapse and the main tank taunt back after, the main tank can simply get knocked down (not go behind a rock) and then all they need to do is walk towards the boss. If you use force leap/ Jet charge etc the boss will instantly put up the cross. So long as the main tank is in the front off tank in the rear and dps and healers in their respective areas without crossing into other areas we nailed it every time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Multiple times we successfully position for the cross, yet the cross goes red and someone gets smacked for 42k damage. In one instance we were in position the moment the cross appeared and it still went red and someone still took 42k damage.

When we reviewed the fight footage, video clearly shows everyone in position each and every time it failed.

The RNG of the falling rocks is bad enough for this fight, not to mention times between the red circle for the rocks and the rocks appearance often times being near instant without having to deal with a bug that causes issues for successful mechanics.

I can't believe you even put this operation on group finder. I'm curious what the number of successful group finder ToS's there are compared to the number of attempts each week considering how badly bugged this is.

Of course, Torque on SM 16 man having 5.8 million hit points makes me wonder how many successful Torque kills there are in group finder as well.

You folks really need to play your own game. Not in "god mode" but in the type of gear you would expect players of SM GF ops to have.

Underlurker is not broken anymore, I did ToS before and after the patch, the cross turns green as it should.

You might be having problems with latency like someone is staying inside the cross in his PoV, but the others see him outside of it (this happened to me sometimes), until I realized you should stack by others like hugging them and stay right beneath the boss' arms.

Edited by Fauckers

just completed the underlurker last night 8 man when going to the cross phase like the dulfy guide suggest is to jump once when in position just to be sure the server recognizes you in the right spot just like the droids in df it looks like your out of the red but still die you just need to jump to update your position

also as far as the god mode gear maybe people should stop running ops in 186 comms gear doing 0 changes to mods or enhancements and maybe they shouldn't constantly stand in **** and expect to be healed through it

the days of people being carried are over