How do you spend 4500 ranked comms and 2750 wz comms in level 60?

lazylrx

Hello guys,

This is probably a question that has been answered a few thousand times already, but I'm just wondering what would be the best way to spend these comms I saved up so far.

I am currently thinking: T1 weapon + T2 weapon.

then spend rest of the wz comms on chest piece.

Is this the way to go? Should I upgrade the weapon or save the ranked comms for something else?

Thanks!!!

Hello guys,

This is probably a question that has been answered a few thousand times already, but I'm just wondering what would be the best way to spend these comms I saved up so far.

I am currently thinking: T1 weapon + T2 weapon.

then spend rest of the wz comms on chest piece.

Is this the way to go? Should I upgrade the weapon or save the ranked comms for something else?

Thanks!!!

I like to go for t2 left side (earpiece, implants, and relics) so that I do not have to re-aug them when I upgrade.

Up to now, starting from that same point, I bought a ranked MH, an OH, then two Relics, Bracers and Belt, to begin working on my Set bonus, since now those count too. :cool:

Just be careful, for whatever reason now PvP weapons and offhands lack hte crystal, so make sure you add one of your own. ;)

I transferred all my ranked comms to reg ones and got full exhumed first.

Setbonus is huge.

Spamming preseason yolos for rwz comms now.

Personally I went the leftside first route, but this is the other choice that makes the most sense. The only reason i didnt do so was that I muled wz comms over from alts to finish my set bonus.

Setbonus is huge.

I think buying the left side first is the best path. Everything else can be traded by alts to your main easily. Their is a way to trade comms between alts though that can be used to deal with the fact that the left is not traded between alts so I don't know if Evolixe uses that as well as this to get geared.

Setbonus is huge.

Yea but even then that set on some classes needs so many mods to make it descent..... The left side doesn't have that issue. I guess for Shadows/Sins its not as bad, but for like a jug the gear is a mess.

Setbonus is huge.

I thought about doing this as well, but do I lose any comms by changing them back to reg wz comms?

I thought about doing this as well, but do I lose any comms by changing them back to reg wz comms?

If you paid 3 to 1 to convert to ranked, you lose 2 to 1 converting back. if you just earned ranked comms directly, then you do not really lose anything other than what you value those ranked comms yourself.

I'm just buying set pcs as I can. not wasting comms by reverting my rated comms. there's no reason to rush it. nothing I'm doing atm counts for anything. it's just testing the spec and roto. I grabbed t2 arms, wrist and chest first. converted chest to t1 asap. then grabbed t2 boots. since I don't have any other 60s atm, I'm just playing this guy "straight." I guess if you're in a rush to be "competitive" in unranked and preseason, you should revert your RWZ comms to regs for t2 gear, but...what's the point? getting bigger numbers in regs?

I enjoy spending my comms on the euphoric experience of filling my hot tub in my house on coruscant with chocolate sauce and rubbing it all over myself and the house, i then proceed to run around the house screaming as loud as I can whilst trying to lick all the chocolate sauce up.

All of this is done while blindfolded and with my hands cuffed behind my back with pink fuzzy hand cuffs.

You are actually better off doing the PVP weapon trade-in trick rather than losing comms in the conversion from regular to ranked. However, if you earned those ranked comms via ranked warzones in 2.0, disregard.

I still haven't hit 60 on any of my characters yet, but I'm probably going to just convert all of my ranked to regular and try to get as many pieces of exhumed as possible. Depending on what you have for relics, you may want to prioritize those. Also, if you are still required to have a PVP mainhand / offhand in order to get full expertise, I would also prioritize those. After I get full Exhumed, I'm going prioritize Dark Reaver implants and relics so that I can augment them (don't want to augment the Exhumed pieces that I am going to have to trade in).

Also, if you are still required to have a PVP mainhand / offhand in order to get full expertise, I would also prioritize those.

heh. I just assumed ppl were in full brut (max'd for 2.x). full brut gets you through leveling without a second though (incl as many WZs as you can stomach).

i enjoy spending my comms on the euphoric experience of filling my hot tub in my house on coruscant with chocolate sauce and rubbing it all over myself and the house, i then proceed to run around the house screaming as loud as i can whilst trying to lick all the chocolate sauce up.

All of this is done while blindfolded and with my hands cuffed behind my back with pink fuzzy hand cuffs.

roflmao

well, for me since I didn't preorder, I've been stacking comms all this past week. I now have enough comms to finish my first set (12,500 regular comms) and enough to buy 2 or 3 pieces of second set. Now I just have to get to 60 this week while jumping back to fleet every hour and a half to do the weapons dance, I know, champagne problems, right?

Traditionally here's my to do list. I would ALWAYS go for set bonus FIRST, without question. Next I would get my tier 2 relics, then tier 2 main/offhand. The I would focus on tier 2 ear/implant, then come back and finish my tier 2 clothes. And then play around with mods/enhancements later to try to squeeze out a few extra deeps.

However, for purely aesthetic reasons, as I play a sin and I love the new tier 2 armor look for inquisitor, I will be getting my tier 2 headpiece, chest and legs first, and then go back to my normal order. I know I'll get all my gear over the next couple weeks and I'm not in any rush to be "super uber mega pro geared" before everyone else is... it's a game, right?

I think buying the left side first is the best path. Everything else can be traded by alts to your main easily. Their is a way to trade comms between alts though that can be used to deal with the fact that the left is not traded between alts so I don't know if Evolixe uses that as well as this to get geared.

I wasn't aiming for the easiest route, just the best one.

Ranked comms arent worth a dime more than reg ones to me because I earn them directly anyways.

After my set i first got reaver relics. Working on the rest of implants/ear now.

I wasn't aiming for the easiest route, just the best one.

Ranked comms arent worth a dime more than reg ones to me because I earn them directly anyways.

After my set i first got reaver relics. Working on the rest of implants/ear now.

I guess that depends on the state of 60s pvp on your server. if you get regular pops for yolo, then I agree. however, 60s on my server are spread pretty thin. although will change tonight I suppose. hopefully more ppl will realize that they can grind comms in preseason w/o the stigma.

well, for me since I didn't preorder, I've been stacking comms all this past week. I now have enough comms to finish my first set (12,500 regular comms) and enough to buy 2 or 3 pieces of second set. Now I just have to get to 60 this week while jumping back to fleet every hour and a half to do the weapons dance, I know, champagne problems, right?

I'm surprised that works since they went through the trouble of preventing it from 2.x-3.0

I guess that depends on the state of 60s pvp on your server. if you get regular pops for yolo, then I agree. however, 60s on my server are spread pretty thin. although will change tonight I suppose. hopefully more ppl will realize that they can grind comms in preseason w/o the stigma.

I just haven't managed to level to 60 yet. I've been playing a bunch, but I've been working on several characters at once. I haven't done any of the Rishi stuff, because that doesn't really motivate me to play. So, I'm leveling via warzones for the most part, which takes a while. I have five different characters up to 57 right now.

I have no clue when preseason ends, so I'd hesitate to queue (thinking it was preseason, only to find out that it's not...oops).

Edited by teclado

I'm surprised that works since they went through the trouble of preventing it from 2.x-3.0

yeah i gave it a shot and it still works. I did make sure to wipe all my old weps prior to last Tuesday. The way I figure it, it's not like we didn't earn them, we should be allowed to keep them.

I just haven't managed to level to 60 yet. I've been playing a bunch, but I've been working on several characters at once. I haven't done any of the Rishi stuff, because that doesn't really motivate me to play. So, I'm leveling via warzones for the most part, which takes a while. I have five different characters up to 57 right now.

I have no clue when preseason ends, so I'd hesitate to queue (thinking it was preseason, only to find out that it's not...oops).

they announce it in patch notes. you're perfectly safe.

You can check what season you're in if you're out of a warzone. Click on the warzone tab to queue like usual, and then there's a small box, i think in the lower left hand corner that you can click on and it will tell you what season your in, what your records are, etc.

Edited by SlimGenre

I looked and it doesn't apply to most sets as the bonuses are very discipline specific, but as a jugg I was not too impressed with my immortal set bonus options while the vengeance set bonus 4 is pretty sweet and applies to any disc (10m reduction in saber throw min range deadzone). I wish I could go back in time to mix/match my sets before I realized that and wasted comms on more immortal pieces than I should have. I am immortal but generally go for more dps gear, so it would have been fine and I'd be happy sacrificing a 2% bonus here and there for the range. Just saying - do your diligence on bonuses before impulse buying like I did =(. Edited by sippelmc