The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The coalition base on Yavin needs to be neutral territory.

Beakertanks

well you all got you way... now you all should start a thread about how you should be able to un-flag for PVP on a PVP server. then be sure to go lend your support to the, "I want to PVE for my PVP gear", thread in the PVP section.

The payback is we are camping the landing area, of course none of these bears even play on a PvP server, but other bears will pay :D

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be sure to go lend your support to the, "I want to PVE for my PVP gear", thread in the PVP section.

Heh. I guess absurdity knows no limits.

I do hope the PvP crowd are taking a can opener and a potato peeler to those pitching the "I want to PVE for my PVP gear" advocates.

The payback is we are camping the landing area, of course none of these bears even play on a PvP server, but other bears will pay :D

they will get that made into a safe sone as well, lol.

Edited by MiaRB

PVP players likely want to keep it, at least those posting here because the find it fun.

You're right on the 2nd part anyway.

I can't help but wonder: If they believe what they're saying and genuinely enjoy OWPVP, why are they supportive of what's either a silly error or an attempt at creating a piece of OW content that's so ****-tier in thought and design?

Edited by Joesixxpack

I can't help but wonder: If they believe what they're saying and genuinely enjoy OWPVP, why are they supportive of what's either a silly error or an attempt at creating a piece of OW content that's so ****-tier in thought and design?

Because what they are finding fun isnt "challenging and engaging open-world pvp." They are having fun killing people who dont even get a chance to defend themselves over and over again. They are having fun griefing. The same kind of people who like going to tatooine or alderaan and killing lowbies who cant fight back are having fun doing this.

But they cant admit that without their epeen going limp.

The tunnels will be next :rolleyes:

That is what makes this whole thing, fix included, a fools errand, Y4 is one big choke point.

Theres nothing wrong with killing people in the tunnels. Thats a completely different situation.

*popcorn*

You can't leave us hanging like that...

Reign. I think that about says it all.

Edited by Dras_Keto

Well, it presents an advantage. That is a drug for a PVP player. You always try to find a way to get up on your competition.

Because what they are finding fun isnt "challenging and engaging open-world pvp." They are having fun killing people who dont even get a chance to defend themselves over and over again. ...

Don't sound so butt hurt, it makes you seem like a victim. ;)

Show me on the doll...

PVP players likely want to keep it, at least those posting here because the find it fun.

I am surprised so many have trouble admitting that, instead hiding behind "it's a PVP server" platitudes.

It is difficult for me to identify with PVP players these days. In my day, not only would we say "yes, we know its dishonorable, so what, too bad"....we would also be honest that we enjoyed ganking folks in any way we could.

That doesn't seem to be the case today...too many PVP folks that seem to hide behind PVE protections, wanting to get their hand held, and trying to justify their actions. Today its all about gear and excuses.

Modern PVP players need to grow thicker skins. You know what your doing is wrong. Doing the wrong thing can be fun sometimes.

So what if it is wrong? If and when Bioware fixes this it will be a moot issue, in the mean time own it. Stop with the ridiculous excuses and platitudes.

Your supposed to be PVP players. So act like PVP players.

Don't insult real PvP players, the players posting here fail at real PvP and have to resort to spawning camping to win. They can't hack real PvP.

Because what they are finding fun isnt "challenging and engaging open-world pvp." They are having fun killing people who dont even get a chance to defend themselves over and over again. They are having fun griefing. The same kind of people who like going to tatooine or alderaan and killing lowbies who cant fight back are having fun doing this.

just stop. as I said, you all are acting like spawn camping is happening 24/7, it isn't. its not even happening a lot of the time. what was fun was having some OWPVP that wasn't just 1v1 or 2v2 while questing. but you all booohoooed loud enough so they will probably make the entire zone non-PVP.

Theres nothing wrong with killing people in the tunnels. Thats a completely different situation.

Yeah it was kind of a rhetorical question. I like OWPVP more than instanced in general, best games were pure PVP sandbox or big zones. This issue and those that like it don't even pass the laugh test.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Well, it presents an advantage. That is a drug for a PVP player. You always try to find a way to get up on your competition.

Stop generalizing so much...you're better than these kind of childish type of replies...I am a PvP player - the drug to me is the challenge. Trying new things until I win or die trying. My favorite types of fights to win are absolutely fights where I'm outnumbered (it's why I rolled Pub toons to begin with) and we beat them through smarter/better play.

Not every PvPer likes ganking or griefing, just like not every PvEer is a 'carebear'.

Don't insult real PvP players, the players posting here fail at real PvP and have to resort to spawning camping to win. They can't hack real PvP.

QFT.

Real PvP players, even those who enjoy open world PvP, don't need or want the ability to spawn camp like this allows.

just stop. as I said, you all are acting like spawn camping is happening 24/7, it isn't. its not even happening a lot of the time. what was fun was having some OWPVP that wasn't just 1v1 or 2v2 while questing. but you all booohoooed loud enough so they will probably make the entire zone non-PVP.

So your idea of OWPvP is an OP group versus 1 player? Than spawn camping that one player? ROFL.

Look at the bright side you can still go to Tattoonie and kill lowbies to make yourself feel like a really PvP player.

So your idea of OWPvP is an OP group versus 1 player? Than spawn camping that one player? ROFL.

Look at the bright side you can still go to Tattoonie and kill lowbies to make yourself feel like a really PvP player.

Dude! What did those bad PvPers do to you to make you so mad :p

Exactly lol.

Fair enough, but I would only add MODERN PVP players. PVP players from my day would hand you your colon with a smile, fair or not, and have no problems admitting it was not fair play. After all, that was the nature of the beast.

PVP players today seem to be more about having their hands held and justifying their actions. They want the advantages but worry about the judgement. It's pretty weak IMO.

But that is just my view of course, which means next to nothing.

Stop generalizing so much...you're better than these kind of childish type of replies...I am a PvP player - the drug to me is the challenge. Trying new things until I win or die trying. My favorite types of fights to win are absolutely fights where I'm outnumbered (it's why I rolled Pub toons to begin with) and we beat them through smarter/better play.

Not every PvPer likes ganking or griefing, just like not every PvEer is a 'carebear'.

Fair enough TUX. Im old school. So my views reflect that.

PVP today is not what it used to be. Not even close.

I'm a bit disappointed you think it's childish. But your entitled to view it that way if you wish.

Edited by LordArtemis

Fair enough TUX. Im old school. So my views reflect that.

PVP today is not what it used to be. Not even close.

I'm a bit disappointed you think it's childish. But your entitled to view it that way if you wish.

Then learn from the mistakes of the past too...I've learned that being a-holes and destroying your "enemy" into submission, only forks you over because they don't come back. It happened in the beginning of MMOs because players didn't think about consequence of playing with real players vs. pwning NPCs...the NPCs always returned...players don't.

PvP isn't what it was then because those game failed and closed...Devs learned that PvP has to be enjoyable and rewarding for both participants if you want them to keep playing.

What was happening on Yavin was BAD for this game.

Don't sound so butt hurt, it makes you seem like a victim. ;)

Show me on the doll...

Troll's Handbook to Arguements on the Internet

Chapter 1: Turning Loss into Apparent Victory

The most important thing that any troll must always remember is that you can never concede defeat. Even when it is so abundantly clear to you and everyone involved in the discussion that you have been completely trounced it is of the utmost importance that you, at least by all outward appearances, give the impression you believe that you are winning.

One of the most useful tactics for this is to ignore or attempt to deflect potentially disastrous remarks by trying to make the discussion about your opponents emotional state. As a troll, your goal is quite clearly to enrage the people you are engaged in conversation with, and, as above, even if you do not succeed, it is vitally important that you give the impression that you believe you have. Thus, comments such as "U mad bro?" or "He/She/They mad" or any phrase involving accusations of an injured posterior on the part of your opponent are extremely useful. They both serve to distract from the actual point of discussion and further paint you as an unreasonable lunatic which can lead to actual emotional involvement in the uninitiated.

In the fairly likely event you run into someone who has read the Troll's Handbook to Arguements on the Internet and knows exactly what you are doing, you need not fear. Or at least, you dont need to fear a lot. Chances are, if you just keep going, it will all work out in the end. Maybe. If not ... Well, panic?

Edited by Dras_Keto

Then learn from the mistakes of the past too...I've learned that being a-holes and destroying your "enemy" into submission, only forks you over because they don't come back. It happened in the beginning of MMOs because players didn't think about consequence of playing with real players vs. pwning NPCs...the NPCs always returned...players don't.

PvP isn't what it was then because those game failed and closed...Devs learned that PvP has to be enjoyable and rewarding for both participants if you want them to keep playing.

What was happening on Yavin was BAD for this game.

I didn't say it wasn't, nor did I say that I supported the idea that it should stay. Quite the opposite.

My issue was with PVP players that would not admit they wanted to KEEP it because they enjoyed engaging in dishonorable behavior. Instead they hid behind tired platitudes and excuses.

And I was not buying it.

Fair enough, but I would only add MODERN PVP players. PVP players from my day would hand you your colon with a smile, fair or not, and have no problems admitting it was not fair play. After all, that was the nature of the beast.

PVP players today seem to be more about having their hands held and justifying their actions. They want the advantages but worry about the judgement. It's pretty weak IMO.

But that is just my view of course, which means next to nothing.

Sure and our grandfathers gen. tied packs of lucky strikes around their stogies and lit them with dynamite, but I don't see much if any generational relevance with this particular issue.

That's because my experiential perspective since my multiplayer day 1 is that a lot of players will do what they can get away with just because they can. I think killing people loading in is a silly waste of play time but I don't blame players for being players. The onus is on BW for making a laughably bad design choice, or if it's an error then something they ought to correct.

Edited by Joesixxpack