Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

force stasis/choke 1.5 sec channel? Why so short with such a long cooldown?

Zadtro

I know we shouldn't have a stun because it was make is too OP so we have a channeled stun which was only 3 secs. Now we have a 12 sec cooldown on our interrupt so this small 1.5 channel seems to be our second interrupt to make up for the extension of our normal interrupt so that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is half the channel time but same cooldown time?

I was thinking it would be nice to have a reduced cooldown if its channel is going to be so short that it doesn't really act as a viable cc.

I know we shouldn't have a stun because it was make is too OP so we have a channeled stun which was only 3 secs. Now we have a 12 sec cooldown on our interrupt so this small 1.5 channel seems to be our second interrupt to make up for the extension of our normal interrupt so that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is half the channel time but same cooldown time?

I was thinking it would be nice to have a reduced cooldown if its channel is going to be so short that it doesn't really act as a viable cc.

It has a 4 second duration. That's an extra 2.5 seconds past the channel. Really, the channel is just there for a cool animation during the GCD. Force Stasis/Choke is now actually a 4 second hard stun.

not only is it a 4 sec hard stun, but we also still have one of the faster CD's for our interrupts. Everyones CD's got increased for their interrupts. its a mechanics change, not an adjustment to our class, so everyones impacted. IMO we are impacted far less due to the changes to choke (and a naturally faster CD on interrupt).

yeah, the few extra seconds sucks, but overall we shouldn't see a loss.

Force Stasis has the same functionality as all the other hard stuns. Dirty Kick is a 4 second stun, but you have the GCD used by Dirty Kick to consider. So you can only use moves 1.5 seconds after you've stunned them. It works the same way for Force Stasis, but instead of waiting out the GCD, you're waiting out the channel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.