I guess i was expecting too much......

Bladedakoda

Well i was hoping that the community would be alot better in TOR, but judging by the forums i don't think that is going to be the case. I really don't see why people get so worked up over a few days. ( No i didn't get early access today).

I really hope the community in game is alot better. Again i am not very confident about that either.

Edited by Bladedakoda

Well i was hoping that the community would be alot better in TOR, but judging by the forums i don't think that is going to be the case. I really don't see why people get so worked up over a few days. ( No i didn't get early access today).

I really hope the community in game is alot better. Again i am not very confident about that either.

shut up Ghandi... do this launch approach to any game.. and the community will be the same

They made decisions that anyone knew would anger a LOT of people. Yet they still did it anyways. I don't know what you are expecting people to do, say "Yea it's ok to let in a fraction of the people you have the hardware to handle and then stop inviting half way through they day".

Not gonna happen.

They made decisions that anyone knew would anger a LOT of people. Yet they still did it anyways. I don't know what you are expecting people to do, say "Yea it's ok to let in a fraction of the people you have the hardware to handle and then stop inviting half way through they day".

Not gonna happen.

well said

Game forums are generally the same WHEREVER. Meaning they suck and are filled with a LOT of complaints. Game community is different. That's the people who are playing the game. Most generally are having too much fun PLAYING the game to be bothered posting on the forums.

The only reason why I'm on the forums is because I haven't gotten my early access yet.

a simple way to gauge community behavior is to relate the internet to driving. Everyone on the road around you is a jerk, no matter who they are, and if they didn't let you in to the lane, they are the worst people imaginable. Same goes on the internet..all people need is a protective barrier between them and someone else, before they mentally disconnect from all forms of etiquette and common decency. Basically, on the net, majority belief is:

"I am god, and how dare they not serve me"

Just remember, every game is graced with the best gift in the whole wide world....an ignore list. Use it vigorously. I never realized just how much peace I could derive from playing world of warcraft, until i took the seconds amount of time to ignore everyone and anyone that participated in something verbally childish. Orgrimmar was tamed, Stormwind was tamed. If you get in game, and you see someone trolling, ignore em, no responses no warning, just deny them the pleasure, you will feel better for it, ultimately.

Edited by Galickarn

SWTOR forums are a wretched hive of scum and villainy, just ask Obi-wan

very much agree. people complaining because a company implies they should sit by their email for 3-4 days are obviously far worse than the people flogging them with wet jawa robes.

Yes I understand that I can wait for my email, however I just do not understand why our EA dates and times are such a big secret up until the last second? If they let folks know there would be a lot less whiners...time to go check email again....

Give it a month. Problem is right now you are going to have the vocal minority who aren't in yet complaining non stop.

The people who aren't in and aren't complaining? Not on the forums right now, they are busy building faqs and content for websites and forums.

Even you are only posting to complain about complainers, give it a month, the community with even out and you will see more than just the disgruntled people wanting to be in game.

not really, its kinda of like this.

2 million pre orders. so 2 million allowe dot log on to forums.

any one in game is playing and having fun.

most people actually dont complain or post and those that are enjoying themselves so they wont post. Even if 1000 people hated this game and activily posted they would be enough to keep up new posts to make the forums look bad. Forums are not good representations of attitude usualy.