Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with clicking man?!

Nothing in general. If it works for you, go for it. In fact I know a few very good players that also click.

But in my experience using keybinds is faster and more precise. And once you're used to it, you can focus on whats going on around you much better and still do your rotation. That's all.

And it was meant more as a joke;)

I figured that out rydarus, at one point in the video I get pissed after his jump because I leapt too soon, haha, yeah when it comes to key binding, I have tried over and over but I could never get used to it, clicks 4 life <3

Yeah, I mean most of the "keybinders" that I know use the 9+ button mouses. I click because I think it frees up my left hand for better movement, but if I was willing to shell out the money for a mouse similar to them I would be a keybinder as well probably. But at the end of the day, it is whatever works for you. I remember when i was god awful moving from console gaming to this, but over time I got better and now my movement and clicking is near second nature.

Anyone gotten a 204 mh yet and parsed with it? I'd think 5100+ is acheivable now with it, I'm. Working in getting it this week, also, the mod is A (high ms), but the enhancement is BIS 204 bound to a mh weapon for anyone not aware (79 endurance, 89 power, 130 surge/acc)

Anyone gotten a 204 mh yet and parsed with it? I'd think 5100+ is acheivable now with it, I'm. Working in getting it this week, also, the mod is A (high ms), but the enhancement is BIS 204 bound to a mh weapon for anyone not aware (79 endurance, 89 power, 130 surge/acc)

Saw it drop, but I gave it to our MT. Better Endurance than a 192 and gives us a little boost on UL.

Edited by veSev

Between the mouseclik for reference videos, alacrity mania and the guy who just wakes up that dfd is reflectable this thread is definitely dead.

Well, then back to serious business. As I stated a few times here, I'm mainly guardian tank, but respec to vigi for Lurker and Commanders, for alt runs or 16m raids we do for achievements(doing 8m normally). On the dummy I have the rotation pretty much down I think.

But in real combat, where things happen like a boss jumping out of range due to ranged ripping aggro, adds die to first hit of Master Strike so it's canceled, knockbacks that are part of the bosses mechanics, things like that where you don't have 100% uptime, but not enough downtime for everything to come off cooldown so you can start with the opener again, I'd like to know some sort of priority list. Any hints?

And by the way, if someone of you is bored, can you please take a look at my latest log and see if there's any big mistakes? I think I still don't get the stacks for bladestorm right most of the time. Like having two stacks already but the next two things to use are either dispatch, PB or OS. Or one stack and I need to use two of the three abilitys before the next blade storm.:confused:

...some sort of priority list. Any hints?

1. Shatter / Plasma Brand
  2. Impale / Overhead Slash
  3. Force Scream / Blade Storm
  4. Ravage / Master Strike
  5. Vicious Throw / Dispatch with proc
  6. Everything else based on current rage/focus pool

That's what I use and I've done alright with it so far. Shatter IS your Ravage cooldown so it's vital to use it ASAP followed by Impale to apply Beatdown to your target. This'll give you your Savagery stacks for a free crit on Force Scream. Obviously make sure you have enough rage to start it up too.

There's some caveats to it too. You can hold Ravage for a while since Shatter resets the cooldown. If Shatter will come off cooldown in two globals, use Ravage over Impale or Force Scream so you don't delay Shatter too much thus delaying your next Ravage as well. Try to Vicious Throw whenever possible to build rage and Savagery but making sure not to delay more important abilities.

Edited by Confehdehrehtheh

Yeah, I mean most of the "keybinders" that I know use the 9+ button mouses. I click because I think it frees up my left hand for better movement, but if I was willing to shell out the money for a mouse similar to them I would be a keybinder as well probably. But at the end of the day, it is whatever works for you. I remember when i was god awful moving from console gaming to this, but over time I got better and now my movement and clicking is near second nature.

I dunno if that's really true, I know a lot of keybinders that have pretty regular mouses (mice?). I only have 2 extra buttons on my mouse, I fit all my keybinds by using modifiers (just shift really), have around 30 keybinds on each character, some more some less.

One thing that can make a huge difference though is your familiarity with keyboards/typing. Being a relatively fast typer, keybinding works well for me as I already know where all the keys are relative to where my hand is on the keyboard. It would probably be more difficult for me if I didn't know how to type properly.

As for freeing up the left hand for movement, I suppose you could make that argument. Personally, I think greater movement is achieved by freeing up the right hand to move the mouse, which lets you easily see all of your surroundings at any time and be able to move (you should still be able to easily hit a movement key and a keybind at the same time).

Example (and this is PvP related but still), I couldn't imagine being able to run away from someone but strafe them and have my camera faced towards them so I can still attack them, if I were a clicker.

Edited by wadecounty

Each circle reflects for 28k(*6) so rougly 130k on 8hm if everyone is stacked when the circles appear, I didnt kill it last night, but when I hit 1million damage total on starparse, I was at 430k in reflect damage alone, its frickin ridiculous how ****** reflect is for that, orange circles are reflectable too, if you happen to step in one with them out, crossing fingers in the mh too Grand, but I don't think I'll kill until I transfer to another server, my guild isn't the best :p Edited by MBloomberg

Each circle reflects for 28k(*6) so rougly 130k on 8hm if everyone is stacked when the circles appear, I didnt kill it last night, but when I hit 1million damage total on starparse, I was at 430k in reflect damage alone, its frickin ridiculous how ****** reflect is for that, orange circles are reflectable too, if you happen to step in one with them out, crossing fingers in the mh too Grand, but I don't think I'll kill until I transfer to another server, my guild isn't the best :p

Well my guild's only 8/10 and we killed it in something like 4 pulls, so try the method we did:

1. KEEP THE BOSS OUT OF RIFTS

2. 1 Tank 4 DPS 3 Heals. If you're feeling ballsy, drop the tank altogether (I tanked half that fight as Tactics in High Energy Cell)

3. Ignore the rift break mechanic

4. If you get cursed, run into a rift and chill there.You can't be healed when cursed + in a rift, so you take no damage

Each circle reflects for 28k(*6) so rougly 130k on 8hm if everyone is stacked when the circles appear, I didnt kill it last night, but when I hit 1million damage total on starparse, I was at 430k in reflect damage alone, its frickin ridiculous how ****** reflect is for that, orange circles are reflectable too, if you happen to step in one with them out, crossing fingers in the mh too Grand, but I don't think I'll kill until I transfer to another server, my guild isn't the best :p

I just killed it but our shadow got the mainhand. Had a 13% wipe and a 1% wipe.

Interesting that you can reflect as much as 26k per reflect, I can only reflect 16k per circle reflected, so maybe the reflect caps DO still differ.

From Monday, before I found out that basically everything was reflectable. You don't even really need 3 heals, depending on the strategy you're using. I'm going to assume everyone here is just healing through Breaking the Rift. Basically just save cooldowns if the boss is Breaking the Rift while standing in a rift