The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

EricMusco

It's not a bad thing to piss off a few over-entitled QQers once in a while.

Care to explain what is "over entitled" about wanting all players to pay the same amount for the same product? Cause if you can't it's a really dumb and unintelligent thing to say if it doesn't concern you.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reimbursements (or some other benefit for making pre-orders paying beta testers) is such a bad PR move. You just took a decent chunk of your most ardent, enthusiastic supporters and made them into your enemies. It is almost like you are trying to destroy this game. Just wow.

BS, getting the skills is a basic core function of the game and should not be used as a credit sink, players should not have to feel that a video game is a job just to enjoy the core mechanics of the game. Bottom line the costs are way, way too high in comparison with the rest of the game and that's why they are being changed, use luxury items as credit sinks not core functions. Edited by x_Boots_x

Care to explain what is "over entitled" about wanting all players to pay the same amount for the same product?

It's not a product, it's a service.

You don't get a refund if you just missed the happy hour.

You don't get a refund if I posted a Mk10 for 200k and someone else posted it for 50k the next hour.

You looked at the price, decided it was worth paying, and paid it.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

No reimbursements (or some other benefit for making pre-orders paying beta testers) is such a bad PR move. You just took a decent chunk of your most ardent, enthusiastic supporters and made them into your enemies. It is almost like you are trying to destroy this game. Just wow.

I trained Speeder Piloting rank 3 back when repair bills were insane and credits were hard to farm.

Would I want that experience removed? No.

Edited by Halinalle

You don't get a refund if I posted a Mk10 for 200k and someone else posted it for 50k the next hour.

This makes no sense what so ever.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

So instead of applying a hotfix, you keep on forcing us loyal supporters to buy needed skills in order to play this game? For like 4-5 more days? Are you serious?

You are a prime example for other mmo companys about how to not treat theirs customers.

As much as i love SWTOR, you guys allways know how to p.... me/us off and make me/us want to quit this crap.

No wonder the revenues from SWTOR keeps dropping...

please please PLEASE . . . remove the training costs ASAP so our pre-release week is not ruined by not wanting to train any skills on our other alts.

I fully leveled and trained 1 character only, before I saw that the skills would be free starting next Tuesday. There's no way I'm going to spend all those credits to train any more of my alts when I know it'll be cost-free in a few days. Being limited to only 1 character for the entire week is kind of a downer.

Is your main a marauder?

My first character: Immortal Juggernaut from 10 to 50

My current main is: KC Shadow (Progenitor) and Combat Sentinel (The Red Eclipse).

BW, if you guys decide to give refunds on skill training costs then I'm going to unsub. (See what I did there? :cool:)

Edited by Halinalle

Excellent news indeed :)

Does it suck to have spent some credits on skills? Yes, but I would have had to have done this anyway if the costs weren't removed.

Is it awesome that I don't have to spend a single credit in future? Yes because now I can do whatever I want with them in the future.

Very happy to hear this.

Yup, looked at the price, decided it wasn't going to change and that was the price of leveling a character... so paid it. We didn't (knowingly) have the option of waiting for a cheaper/better/free price as in your GTN Mk10 example.

Your comments have no merit.

So instead of applying a hotfix, you keep on forcing us loyal supporters to buy needed skills in order to play this game? For like 4-5 more days? Are you serious?

You are a prime example for other mmo companys about how to not treat theirs customers.

As much as i love SWTOR, you guys allways know how to p.... me/us off and make me/us want to quit this crap.

No wonder the revenues from SWTOR keeps dropping...

then go spend this time farming crew skill mats and hold off on leveling.

I trained Speeder Piloting rank 3 back when repair bills were insane and credits were hard to farm.

Would I want that experience removed? No.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Mine is this move has pissed off a bunch of their most ardent supporters and if they offered refunds it would at least mitigate some of the damage at this point. I suppose if enough people expected to be reimbursed for Speeder Piloting 3 then it might be a good business decision to do so. At the end of the day this is a business decision on their part not a game decision and I think they are making a poor one (in terms of customer service).

Hopefully that clarifies things for you.

Yup, looked at the price, decided it wasn't going to change and that was the price of leveling a character... so paid it.

That's what I said when I paid over a million for Speeder Training level 2 and 3 on several characters I was working on to prepare for 3.0... all in the week before 12xp was announced with free training.

Somehow it didn't even occur to me to demand a refund just because I missed 12xp by a few days.

That's what I said when I paid over a million for Speeder Training level 2 and 3 on several characters I was working on to prepare for 3.0... all in the week before 12xp was announced with free training.

Somehow it didn't even occur to me to demand a refund just because I missed 12xp by a few days.

Again no merit to your comments.

You and EVERYONE else would have trained and spent money prior to 12XP... so EVERYONE was in the same "boat".

This is a completely different situation in which pre-order people are at a complete disadvantage for doing so. EVERYONE is not in the same boat come next week when training is free.

Edited by rspser

Wow, the number of people whining over lost virtual-money is amazing.

Hey, guys, I was here back when speeder level 3 cost a fortune, can I have that money back? (with inflation correction of course because back then a credit was worth more than it is now)

No?

Well then stop whining about this one and grind a few dailies to get that cash back.

Would you all rather they wait until Tuesday's patch to tell us that training costs are now removed? That way, you can spend all your credits the way you thought you were going to, and then have that cost removed at the same time as everyone else.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not struggling one bit by not upgrading my skills, and I just hit 58 on my Jugg.

Seriously, what the F are you complaining about? It's fake money. This game showers you with credits every time you turn around. I make 1-2 million credits a day just by logging in to each character and selling on the GTN whatever their companions brought back to them overnight.

Chill out. :rak_03:

You and EVERYONE else would have trained and spent money prior to 12XP... so EVERYONE was in the same "boat".

Nah, someone smarter than myself could have added up the training costs, rifled through all the BW posts, analyzed the extent of WoW's insta-90 market pressure, and figured out leveling might become free or cheap somewhere close to 3.0.

I wasn't smart enough to figure that out, so I paid a million. I'm not complaining, I got my money's worth. My consumer surplus. That someone else got it for free doesn't take away from my gain.

Similarly, if I snatch a hypercrate for 2.5 million, I'll be happy - someone else snatching one for 1 million doesn't take away from me.

This is a completely different situation in which pre-order people are at a complete disadvantage for doing so.

No, they are not.

Everyone had to pay for half their 1-55 skills again. Everyone's in the same boat.

People who preordered were given the option to go past 55. Option. It only took 3 days since the xpac's release for BW to announce all training will be free from now on. The people who raced to 60 and paid the price along the way got their money's worth, just like I did out of my 2.5 mil hypercrate.

Well then stop whining about this one and grind a few dailies to get that cash back.

Oricon wasn't even a challenge before. Now it's a complete joke. You can even refuse to interrupt Zaoron if you want at 60.

You can easily solo Heroic 4s on SecX (last bit still requires group) and BH.

CZ dailies are too short!

etc.

Edited by Halinalle