Bio, bio... Nerf Rishi chests!

Glower

I don't care about these chests at all, but i have 3-5mils of credits and just do not want artificial inflation.

4 random chests among 1000 players =/= "artificial inflation".

And "3-5mils of credits"? Please. My level 1 alts get sent that much (or used to) for unlocks, training and GTN splurging.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 440k - 720k an hour assuming you loot 2 chests every 5 minutes only counting the credit gains alone.

Assuming you get four chests, double it, 880k - 1.34m per hour - assuming you get every chest every 5 minutes.

Have fun.

Now I just need to find a couple buggers.... Smuggler's cove or out in the jungles?

I have a route with 6 chests that can be completed in almost exactly 5 minutes (where your back at #1 by the time it spawns) Can make about 100k every 5 minutes if uninterrupted. A guildy with more disposable time than I got 10.8mill in 4 and a half hours doing said route.

Overall I have discovered 10 chests, but those 6 are more than enough to make a ton of money. The chest locations will be common knowledge soon enough, but I wont rush that inevitability.

UP!!!!

BW, Fix it pls, respawn time for large chests is 20-30 min (anywhere except Rishi), not 5 min like ordinary mats nodes have

There are reakingly lots of money but hell, there are lots of stims and meds which ruins biochem as well as game economy.

UP!!!!

BW, Fix it pls, respawn time for large chests is 20-30 min (anywhere except Rishi), not 5 min like ordinary mats nodes have

There are reakingly lots of money but hell, there are lots of stims and meds which ruins biochem as well as game economy.

Stop complaining.

There's no re-usable anymore so we need lots of nodes to gather mats, again, stop complaining.

Stop complaining.

There's no re-usable anymore so we need lots of nodes to gather mats, again, stop complaining.

stop telling people to do or not to do smthng )))

its a bug and bugs must be fixed. Perhaps BW should even go further and punish those lame chest farmers.

How many credits are we talking?

*heads to Rishi to farm*

If you know where to go on Rishi you can get 120-180K credits every 5-7 minutes, literally! I posted a thread yesterday about the millions being made and that they need to fix it, but all Bio did was delete my thread and give me a warning. So see if I try and help Bioware again. I'll just keep my creds and happily ruin the economy, since that appears to be what they want.

Edited by Oppressive

If you know where to go on Rishi you can get 120-180K credits every 5-7 minutes, literally! I posted a thread yesterday about the millions being made and that they need to fix it, but all Bio did was delete my thread and give me a warning. So see if I try and help Bioware again. I'll just keep my creds and happily ruin the economy, since that appears to be what they want.

Btw the credits are fake... Who cares?

Why? Just why? Do you really have to be the only rich dude in game? Have you seen the 10k a mod pull from pvp gear? Have you seen the prices of things in game? Leave it be i don't farm cuz it's boring but if other people want to do it why ruin it for them?

This is not about poor and rich players (in MMO? :p) Its about free and fast credits from nowhere. Like cheating (or even exploiting). And please google about "inflation"! :)

Why is this an issue haha...oh wait...I guess the OP isn't getting on the action and that's why a nerf is being demanded.

I've found a few chests over time, and I don't mind getting my credits back from hundreds of thousands of training costs from this latest update alone...I wish I had the luck that others are apparently getting...but really OP...don't ruin it for others.

I ran around Rishi for 2 hours yesterday doing some dailies and exploring and I only found 3 of these chests. I hardly made millions. I suppose there are some people who would make the effort to find them all, map a route, and then spend playtime only looking for chests, but...really? Who cares. Of all the things to do in this game, that sounds so incredibly boring that I can't imagine that many people would be doing it. They'd have to have a heck of a lot of free time on their hands.

I don't know. I hate any kind of grinding, so maybe I just have a hard time imagining doing this. Are these bots people talk about really that common? I've never seen one. They'd have to make it to at least 55 before "farming" these anyway, which I think is way more effort than the average gold seller would ever put into the game.

I also have a real pet peeve about things being taken away from "regular" players because a few extreme min-maxers are doing crazy things that no one else would even think of doing. Finding an occasional treasure chest, especially on a pirate island like Rishi, is fun. Finding a chest that is virtually empty is not fun. Can't the rest of us just enjoy the occasional boon?

Edited by CloudCastle

Why is this an issue haha...oh wait...I guess the OP isn't getting on the action and that's why a nerf is being demanded.

I've found a few chests over time, and I don't mind getting my credits back from hundreds of thousands of training costs from this latest update alone...I wish I had the luck that others are apparently getting...but really OP...don't ruin it for others.

Man apparently you are not the chests farmer... Please read posts on last two pages. :rolleyes:

Jeez, people complain about trainer fees being too high and now about too much money from some chests? What's next?:eek:

Well, it makes sense given some of the nonsense that we saw when Oricon came out. The ninjas and the automated bots stalking the chests to say the least. If the payout is high, then you can forget about even getting near one of the chests before either a bot or some camping stealther takes it.

Get them while you can before the farmers start parking stealth toons next to all of them, like what eventually happened with Makeb.

hehe farmers have started

Saw one other night who was clearly running a timed macro for farming chests

but on upside I saw him/her disappear and a chest spawn instantly as he/she did

so grabbed chest just as he/she reappeared screwing up their timing on macro

and proceeded to stay around them for a bit and grab every chest before their macro kicked in :D

It felt GOOD to give a macro farmer the screws for a change!

And of course added players name to my ignore list on all my rep characters (just in off chance they actually pay a price for running that macro in group availability.....probably not)

PS: and I agree chests reward to much but on flip side Im being told slicers are earning 100s of thousands of credits on Rishii and Yavin because of how many slicing boxs there are and how fast they respawn

So lets not pretend thats not screwing up what ever left of economy anyways.

Its all really unbalanced

Hell I have multiple arc characters and think the availability of arc resources are to crazy on yavin (but kinda match the frequency of scavenging and bio as those two get mats from kills)

Lets face it folks, Yavin and Rishii were designed as ultra easy mode play and thats exactly what it delivers on every front.

Are these bots people talk about really that common? I've never seen one. They'd have to make it to at least 55 before "farming" these anyway, which I think is way more effort than the average gold seller would ever put into the game.

They are on lower level planets as well you know. I've seen a fair few over time and taken time out to report the obvious bots. No issues with someone who wants to sit in front of the screen for 20 hours at a time to farm them on a loop (yawn) - but bots i'm guessing are gold sellers.

That being said, with such a low respawn time and the amount of credits involved i'm hoping BioWare do make the effort to at least reduce the amounts available to not make it really worthwhile. Hopefully upon release, this Tuesday. At least those who've spent credits on levelling this week have had a nice bonus to cover the costs.

Also there is an underlying story to Rishi. People came here to find treasure. I see no problem here. Now if it effected other worlds then it would be a problem. So in my eyes it's working as intended. Move along, move along!! Edited by Grizzlarz