Bio, bio... Nerf Rishi chests!

Glower

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to see a chest. Either I'm not deep enough into the territory they are in far, or they are already gone ?

..They are already gone. I have run into a grand total of 3 chests and all of them got snatched by a stealthed farmer before I could get close. They're probably all camped by now.

Security chests have been a bad design ever since launch. They really offer nothing to the game and hurt it instead. Most players won't even see any chests thanks to teleport botters combined with any average person using a click macro. Teleport botters already have belsavis, corellia, and makeb on lockdown. I'm sure they'll be full force in Rishi once early access is over.

What makes Rishi chests especially bad is that someone had the brilliant idea to make chests give 30k credits on a 5 min respawn. At this rate the amount of credits botters will be entering into the economy is absolutely ridiculous. Along with it comes even more gold seller spam/activity, when this game already has enough of that. Might not be that bad if they actually banned people when you report them but I guess the one support person they have left can't spare 5 mins so its rare when any action is done.

Lets be honest with design choices and how the game is now, its a money grab. What really blows my mind is that they make it easy for these teleport botters to make huge amount of credits. In return people will buy from gold sellers instead of going through the cartel market which is big losses for bioware. Its almost as if some dev at bioware is doing this with security chests so he can farm them and make some extra real life money on the side.

Otherwise I don't know how anyone working on this game could be that clueless as to how bad chests are for the game.

Instead of continuing this horrible way chests are, why not make a change? Why not make opening chests into a random little mini game? Similar to something like Elder Scrolls Online's chests but obviously with Star Wars flavor. This would take care of teleport botters and macro program users. As well as add a little more fun for legit players. Maybe another option would be to have keys to open chests as drops and from quests. This would give more incentive for players to kill stuff and do dailies by rewarding players for actually playing the game.

Security chests have been a bad design ever since launch. They really offer nothing to the game and hurt it instead. Most players won't even see any chests thanks to teleport botters combined with any average person using a click macro. Teleport botters already have belsavis, corellia, and makeb on lockdown. I'm sure they'll be full force in Rishi once early access is over.

What makes Rishi chests especially bad is that someone had the brilliant idea to make chests give 30k credits on a 5 min respawn. At this rate the amount of credits botters will be entering into the economy is absolutely ridiculous. Along with it comes even more gold seller spam/activity, when this game already has enough of that. Might not be that bad if they actually banned people when you report them but I guess the one support person they have left can't spare 5 mins so its rare when any action is done.

Lets be honest with design choices and how the game is now, its a money grab. What really blows my mind is that they make it easy for these teleport botters to make huge amount of credits. In return people will buy from gold sellers instead of going through the cartel market which is big losses for bioware. Its almost as if some dev at bioware is doing this with security chests so he can farm them and make some extra real life money on the side.

Otherwise I don't know how anyone working on this game could be that clueless as to how bad chests are for the game.

Instead of continuing this horrible way chests are, why not make a change? Why not make opening chests into a random little mini game? Similar to something like Elder Scrolls Online's chests but obviously with Star Wars flavor. This would take care of teleport botters and macro program users. As well as add a little more fun for legit players. Maybe another option would be to have keys to open chests as drops and from quests. This would give more incentive for players to kill stuff and do dailies by rewarding players for actually playing the game.

I agree with this- lots of damage has already been done by this, and the closest thing I can see Bioware resolving to do is nerfing the chests on rishi. Simple. Hackers will still succeed in any game because none is free of flaws. The economy is long, long, gone so stop trying to overachieve and maybe we should just do our dailies and acknowledge the far messed up economy for what it is now- a feature.

20-30% nerf... meh :p Prepare for a new wave of chest-campers, bots and macro-lovers!

They also changed respawn to 30 mins. Its great that they made these changes. I would still like to see them change how chests work in a future patch. While changing the credit amounts and respawn was a much needed easy change, it still doesn't get rid teleport botters.

They should just park a couple of silver mobs on top of every chest, close enough to where it is impossible to get the chest without pulling them.

Also, make sure the mobs use a knockback as their first move, to knock the teleport botters out of place

They should just park a couple of silver mobs on top of every chest, close enough to where it is impossible to get the chest without pulling them.

Also, make sure the mobs use a knockback as their first move, to knock the teleport botters out of place

They already did that on Oricon. Thumbs up for that.

The best part about these chests. Being on a scoundrel and sapping people just as the chest spawns in. The amount of rage this causes is gold.

You probably don't care, but that will get you put on a lot of ignore lists... it also runs the risk of being reported for player harassment... not that I think Bioware would do anything, but you never know...

You probably don't care, but that will get you put on a lot of ignore lists... it also runs the risk of being reported for player harassment... not that I think Bioware would do anything, but you never know...

The only way to sap them is if they are flagged and on the opposing faction. With that in mind, pretty sure it isn't harassment.

Someone said on the general chat that he received the Hutt trainer. Any of you can confirm that drop? :eek:

This would seriously surprise me, seeing as how it's a 2.0 pre-order bonus.

The cynic in me thinks that person was lying just to troll people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.