Bolster Bugged?

Selenial

I played my sage and sorc last night. My sage bolstered to about 33K health with about 2.9K willpower. My sorc bolstered to 37K health...don't remember what the willpower was. Both sorc and sage had 2018 expertise.

My sage is full obroan with one or two pieces of brut, full purple 28 augments.

My sorc is full obroan, mostly purple 28 augments (one or two augments missing from implants).

I thought it was a little bit odd that my slightly worse geared character bolstered to more health.

EDIT: both were using a prototype nano-infused stim.

Edited by teclado

EDIT : This is really strange, can you tell us which gear instead of just a tiny box with the stats ?

I'm actually going to say no, I'm trying to figure out which gear causes it and specifically not spread it.

Though to be honest, I've had no luck figuring it out xD

Hmm Try taking your augments out, maybe? See if you bolster more.

Taking augments out increases endurance, reduces willpower.

It seems that pieces with augments in it bolster than pieces without, considerably so. I count a difference of 500 HP between Verpine boots, and their 178 blue counterparts that happen to have an augment. Similar stats, augment is the main difference.

I'm going to try take my Nadia's gear in and test the theory.

Haven't played around with PvP yet since the expansion but..

Could it be just some sort of unintentional artifact with the new brackets?

i.e: The bolster system sub 60 is designed to function based on no expertise, since you can't really get PvP gear until 60 and once the Obroan/Brutalizer geared people move to 60 queue it will not show such a glaring variance.

I know "see bolster 2.0" for how broken it was last time and how long it took to fix it. But this time expertise wasn't wiped from gear, so I'm curious if this could be a temporary issue affected geared 55-59s.

Just throwing out ideas, could be completely wrong.

Does anyone have info on lvl 60 bolster issues?

Edited by JMagee

Went in with a fresh 55 shadow with leveling greens no augments and got around 37 or 38 hp but hit like a wet noodle. I'm thinking when it bolsters augments, it does endurance ones. I'll try tomorrow to screenshot it and my sin who is a couple pvp sets behind but is augmented and see how it matches up.

Running a sage and sorc with identical stats, gear setup, stims, everything, and my sage went up to 36k (although in one he bolstered only to 34k) and my sorc is boosting to 34k all the time.

Still very easy to slaughter the people with 45k in PVE gear however, so nothing has changed there.

Really weird, if a little amusing, not like we did not expect it to be a cluster****.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Taking augments out increases endurance, reduces willpower.

It seems that pieces with augments in it bolster than pieces without, considerably so. I count a difference of 500 HP between Verpine boots, and their 178 blue counterparts that happen to have an augment. Similar stats, augment is the main difference.

I'm going to try take my Nadia's gear in and test the theory.

There shouldn't really be a need to take gear *in* anywhere, unless the Bolsterizer doesn't work correctly after this patch.

BTW i have half 162(55)/168-174(60) with half top augments and have less stats with bolster than full brut with pre-top augments on 60 lvl. Bolster? BW?

They promised, that this time the old PVP gear will be better than bolstered PVE gear, so from my point of view, this is intended.

Edited by DerTaran

They promised, that this time the old PVP gear will be better than bolstered PVE gear, so from my point of view, this is intended.

and

168/174 - new PvP gear btw. I just don't remember new gear name.

Maybe they mixed up old and new PvP/PvE gear? :D

So till the ranked pvp gear has 174 rating and till you do the class mission to 60 the new green gear is falling like rain, with th existing booster it should be a mistake some wear...

Maybe the ranked gear should be higher rated, maybe the booster generate an exploit.

174 rateing for ranked pvp gear? So if I do daily in an open world pvp map I can't protect my self vs mobs if I wanna protect my self vs gankers? Open world pvp has been deleted by 3.0?

And that booster.. come on BW.... its ok, that the boosted chars has less protection, but did you realized BW, that you have classes in your game who has skills, that can heal / max HP? And there are classes who don't have skills like that? So is the ×2 hp is a balanced well designed booster? And by the way, way pvp players don't get 2× there stat, hp boosted till doing fp, operations.. Honestly this booster issue starts to delet the goals in this game and if there are no goals, then ppl leave an mmo fast...

Running a sage and sorc with identical stats, gear setup, stims, everything, and my sage went up to 36k (although in one he bolstered only to 34k) and my sorc is boosting to 34k all the time.

Still very easy to slaughter the people with 45k in PVE gear however, so nothing has changed there.

Really weird, if a little amusing, not like we did not expect it to be a cluster****.

Maintaining 3.5k willpower (yes I got it up, and wasn't previously using a stim) and 1700 expertise is definitely better than Brutalizer and probably their new set, so no, I wouldn't say "PVE gear so doesn't matter"

Oh, and my sorc is full Brutalizer, she bolstered to 34k, 3k-ish willpower and the usual 2018 expertise.

I'd take 400 willpower, 11000 hp over 400 expertise to be honest, especially in regs.

Maintaining 3.5k willpower (yes I got it up, and wasn't previously using a stim) and 1700 expertise is definitely better than Brutalizer and probably their new set, so no, I wouldn't say "PVE gear so doesn't matter"

Oh, and my sorc is full Brutalizer, she bolstered to 34k, 3k-ish willpower and the usual 2018 expertise.

I'd take 400 willpower, 11000 hp over 400 expertise to be honest, especially in regs.

Funny. My full brute sent bolsters to just shy of 38K health.