The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP enabled in the landing area of Yavin

demotivator

Welcome to Yavin and be ganked by the other faction after you just finished loading the planet.

The area is not a sanctuary and a fix would be welcome.

They MUST fix this. You can't be letting folks get ganked at the load screen. And with the Imp population imbalance, it is taking pubs 10 minutes just to get to the speeder without being killed over and over

Hey all,

This is getting addressed in 3.0.1. As with all pre-patch stuff I say, it's pending final testing.

Please say you're not "fixing" this on PvP servers. This has resulted in some of the best battles I've seen - had about 15 people from each faction fighting it out the other day.

Please say you're not "fixing" this on PvP servers. This has resulted in some of the best battles I've seen - had about 15 people from each faction fighting it out the other day.

LOL, "battles". If you stand there and kill people while they are looking at a loading screen it's not really a "battle".

I got to say the inclusion of pvp in this expansion is awesome agreed the landing area not a good choice but to have the imps everywhere we are is a lot of fun. Bioware please don't be afraid to have future zones pvp heavy like this it's a lot of fun. Just not the mission terminal areas. :D

LOL, "battles". If you stand there and kill people while they are looking at a loading screen it's not really a "battle".

Yep, this is why I can't get into PVP. Most of these people don't seem to want straight-up PVP. They want ganking or a stacked deck where they are cherry-picking people at a load point....or they are more interested in win-trading for PVP objectives instead of fighting over them. Just don't get why anyone thinks that stuff is fun....it all sounds rather boring and unchallenging.

Yep, this is why I can't get into PVP. Most of these people don't seem to want straight-up PVP. They want ganking or a stacked deck where they are cherry-picking people at a load point....or they are more interested in win-trading for PVP objectives instead of fighting over them. Just don't get why anyone thinks that stuff is fun....it all sounds rather boring and unchallenging.

This is why I play on a PVE server because the few ppeople who have Pvp enabled usually want the fight and a fair fight at that. Not all but seemingly the majority of PVPers seem to do exactly that gank and stack the deck I'm their favor. That doesn't make the fight fun sure it's realistic if you think about it but the game is played for fun.

P.s. ESO did it right. .. well mostly what I mean by that is ... one server. Separating the player base sucks.

Commentary: That's what most PvPers know as a battle. If they killed you while AFK, that's PvP, not PvAFK. If you're 30 levels lower than them it's PvP, not PvYou can't fight back because your level is too low to do anything.

Observation: To them, if you say "Medical centers and joint faction speeder locations should be a sanctuary." you're saying "WAAAAH! Other players are attacking me. Boo hoo. No PvP anywhere at all. Boo hoo. WAAAAH!"

Statement: Their only goal is to fight the other faction. They will go as far as griefing other players because they have no sense.

Mockery: "Heh heh heh. I totally pwned a bunch of Pubs/Imps on Alderaan. They couldn't do anything. I feel so skilled now."

Statement: I could list the name of several guilds whose entire membership is like that. They define "lack of skill" as being unable to do anything back to them, even if it's because the game is coded that way. They also define that as 5 of them fully geared for PvP vs 1 of the other faction, geared for PvP or not.

Informative: It's not the PvP we dislike, it's the spawn camping and griefing.

Fact: That's not PvP. It's being a punk.

Suggestion: If you want a big OW PvP fight, announce it on these forums, get with other guilds and set it up.The other alternative, though not as enjoyable by others and far less likely to accomplish anything, is to go around a world attacking players, but not camping them or camping the spawn point.

Although I'm all for open-world PVP, I have to agree with this staging area as a PVP-free zone. It's not just the loading-gank, the quest NPC, trainers and vendors, but also that there is no break from it, because we respawn right there, so its endless PVP until enough people decide its over. If there was more separation of areas and we both had protected areas to load into and such, then it wouldn't be such an issue. Edited by Anach

Please don't "fix" this. I too have had some really fun battles with 6-10 people on each side. And to those people saying it's ganking, it's not. These were legit battles with both sides actively fighting. Just because you haven't experience it yourself doesn't mean it doesn't happen and please don't encourage BW to get rid of something that other people enjoy. It's simply selfish. Sure there's a lot of ganking but if that happens just switch instance. Please don't get rid of the little owPvP that there is in this game.

Please don't "fix" this. I too have had some really fun battles with 6-10 people on each side. And to those people saying it's ganking, it's not. These were legit battles with both sides actively fighting. Just because you haven't experience it yourself doesn't mean it doesn't happen and please don't encourage BW to get rid of something that other people enjoy. It's simply selfish. Sure there's a lot of ganking but if that happens just switch instance. Please don't get rid of the little owPvP that there is in this game.

The whole point is that we cant even get a moment to switch the freakin instance because they are spawn camping the damn shuttle! I am dead before I even load. Its stupid and needs to be addressed. I am all for open world pvp since I have jointed a pvp server but I cant even enjoy any of the new content on Yavin 4 because people are spawn camping the shuttle. Wow ohhh yea I am having so much fun dying over and over again only to be left with the option to log out of my toon cause I cant do a damn thing! I agree that this needs to be addressed at the Yavin 4 area only. The rest is fine.

I am all for pvp as I enjoy it tremendously. What I am not for nor do I enjoy is the spawn camping. I am just really thankful that they are going to fix this.

Suggestion: Read more than the first page of posts before posting. You make a prime example, though not the extreme example, of what I mentioned in my first post in this thread.

Correction: We're not calling the big battles "ganking". We're calling the 5 v 1 and spawn camping "ganking". Only talentless meatbags do that.

Correction: Had you read them you would know that we don't want all PvP gone. We don't mind the PvP battles. Those are fun. It's the talentless meatbags that call spawn camping and ganking 5 v 1 (both also known as griefing) "PvP".

Eager Statement: Bring on the big battles.

Recommendation: I will not repeat what I put in my first post. Please read it as it expresses what this is about and was to deter this kind of post.