[BUG] GSF is Broken

DakhathKilrathi

GSF is broken, and that's not an exaggeration. We still haven't discovered everything that IS broken, but there's a list that looks like it's being started in this thread.

Can we get some word on a fix? Or at least an acknowledgement that this update broke GSF in a major way? This isn't the first time that patches have broken GSF. The last time, the things that were changed weren't fixed. Here's hoping for something this time. Please. Let us know that you aren't giving up on GSF and we won't give up either.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: As of the time of this post, here's what the thread I linked has:

I've noticed a couple of changes with GSF with the new patch. Figured someone should maybe start a list of issues encountered since 3.0 hit, and figured I might as well take the initiative. So far I've found 4 things that are broken, and wouldn't be surprised if some of you have noticed things. I'll try to keep this updated as more people hop on to post with things that they've found, but I don't want to be an editor, so please make it short and sweet.

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. Distortion Field (Tier 3): Missile Break not working (Right Side)
  2. Tensor Field (Tier 4): Added evasion not working (Right Side)
  3. Tensor Field (Tier 5): Booster Regeneration not working (Right Side)
  4. Interdiction Drone (Tier 5): Extra drone not deploying (Right Side)
  5. Repair Probes (Tier 4): Not healing with bonus (Left Side)
  6. Repair Probes (Tier 5): Ammo regen not working (Left Side)
  7. Repair Probes (Tier 5): Shield Restoration not working (Right Side)
  8. Repair Drone (Tier 3): Ammo regen not working (Right Side)
  9. Targeting Telemetry (Tier 4) Evasion bonus not applied (Right Side)
  10. Targeting Telemetry (Tier 5) Crit bonus not applied (Left Side)
  11. Booster Recharge (Tier 4) Increased Engine Regen not working. (Left Side)
  12. Booster Recharge (Tier 5) Quick boost does nothing. (Left Side)
  13. Booster Recharge (Tier 5) Reactor boost does nothing. (Right Side)
  14. Concussion Mine (Tier 4) Additional mine not deploying (Left Side)
  15. Seeker Mine (Tier 5) Additional mine not deploying (Right Side)
  16. EMP Field (Tier 4) Missile Immunity not breaking missiles (Right Side)

REPORTED, BUT UNCONFIRMED:

1. Ion Rail Slow (Tier 5) Ion rail slow not being applied (or for very short time) (Left Side)
  2. Repair Probes (Tier 4): Emergency Shielding seemingly not working (Right Side)
  3. Concussion Missile (Tier 5) Slow/Engine drain not working (Left Side)
  4. Booster Recharge (Tier 4) Increased Engine Power not working. (Right Side)
  5. Proton Torpedo (Tier 4) Missile speed increase does not increase missile speed. (Left Side)
  6. Tensor Field (Tier 4): Added turning not working (Left Side)
  7. Tensor Field (Tier 5): Added speed not working (Left Side)

There are probably other problems. Sabotage probe still doesn't work if you take the wrong side of the tree in tier 5, for example, but that one isn't new.

Edit 2: Updated to make it clearer that the list is quoted and to keep it current.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi
Adding stuff.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSF is broken, and that's not an exaggeration. We still haven't discovered everything that IS broken, but there's a list that looks like it's being started in this thread.

Can we get some word on a fix? Or at least an acknowledgement that this update broke GSF in a major way? This isn't the first time that patches have broken GSF. The last time, the things that were changed weren't fixed. Here's hoping for something this time. Please. Let us know that you aren't giving up on GSF and we won't give up either.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: As of the time of this post, here's what the thread I linked has:

Distortion Field (Tier 3): Missile Break not working (Right Side)

Tensor Field (Tier 4): Added evasion not working (Right Side)

Tensor Field (Tier 5): Booster Regeneration not working (Right Side)

Interdiction Drone (Tier 5): Extra drone not deploying (Right Side)

Repair Probes (Tier 5): Ammo regen not working (Left Side)

Repair Drone (Tier 3): Ammo regen not working (Right Side)

Targeting Telemetry (Tier 4) Evasion bonus not applied (Right Side)

Targeting Telemetry (Tier 5) Crit bonus not applied (Left Side)

Booster Recharge - (Tier 5) Quick boost does nothing. (Left Side)

There are probably other problems. Sabotage probe still doesn't work if you take the wrong side of the tree in tier 5, for example, but that one isn't new.

Also broken with the patch (from my observations at least) is the slow on t5 Ion railgun.

Broken in previous patches is the radius on EMP field (it now appears to be half of what the tooltip specifies).

Like the above posters, my main interest in SWTOR at this point is GSF. An unplayable version of GSF strongly disincentives me to continue playing SWTOR. We all know that there are frequently problems with the rollout of a new expansion, however, we need assurances (and hopefully a time frame) that these issues will be addressed.

Thanks for the information!

We will have someone look into this.

-Tait

Thanks Tait.

I know the GSF community is relatively small, consistent with the lack of attention it's gotten of late. However, we're pretty vocal and dedicated, and many of us are always trying to draw in new players. I'd think BW would approve, given all the work that obviously went into GSF to get it off the ground.

But it's hard to push GSF when everything's, you know, broken. Clearly this wasn't intended, so I pray a fix is in the works.

I can now confirm that both t5 abilities for Booster Recharge are broken as well as all t4/t5 abilities for Repair Probe. Early word is that the slow on t5 Concussion Missile is also broken.

that sucks, with disto broken was going to make a booster recharge build, guess thats out hehe. Im guessing most if not all of the upgrade talents, especially t3 + seem to be broken.

And thx to Tait for responding, I can release my claws a bit now. There appear to be many issues with 3.0 but the GSF one is pretty big (lag is another obvious one but that might just be people playing more)

That I can tell, the passive abilities still function. For instance, t4 of booster recharge increases your power pool or engine regen: those still work. The decreased time to shield regen on Direction Field works. All of the +crit on primaries and armor pen also seem to work. It is anything that adds a debuff or buff seems to be screwy.

-Tait

Thank you sir. Just to let you know, I'm trying to keep a list of everything broken on the GSF forums here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779300

At a glance, it looks like it's more comprehensive than the list originally posted here.

And I'm all too happy to bump this. The number of broken items/abilities is truly staggering at this point.

-Tait

It was already frustrating that 3.0 included no balance or content changes to GSF--but to instead secretly break most of the upgrades (or maybe even all?) is reprehensible. Remember when you said GSF was in a "happy state"? Not all of us agreed then, but now we all agree it is in a broken state.

Do you do zero regression testing?

Whatever change is responsible for this, revert it. Unless Disciplines somehow affected some root component that also handles GSF upgrades...

Was looking forward to 3.0 even without any work being done on my favorite activity in swtor. Seeing it broken like this has rather dampened my enthusiasm though, fixing it sooner rather than later would be very welcome!

Thank you sir. Just to let you know, I'm trying to keep a list of everything broken on the GSF forums here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779300

At a glance, it looks like it's more comprehensive than the list originally posted here.

And I'm all too happy to bump this. The number of broken items/abilities is truly staggering at this point.

I linked the thread in the OP, then copied in case they didn't go read it. But yeah, see that thread for a current list. Edited the OP with a quote/current list.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

-Tait

Can you give us any update on the issue? You used the future tense ("we WILL have someone look into this"), can we get confirmation that someone IS looking into this? If not, can you give us a sense of WHEN someone will look into this. If it won't be for several months we would like to know so we have some idea about when we should resubscribe.