lost all desire to play this game

Benesmash

I'm not going to lie, i'm indecisive when it comes to what I want to play late game. I have always reached max levels in other mmos when I played because I could always switch specs while I play.

I can't do that in this one because I can't switch advanced classes. I have rerolled twice 1 level 23 and 1 level 33, but I would like to change advanced class on my 23 so that could be my main, but i'm unable to because for some reason bioware doesn't allow it. I think it's ridiculous because it's not like it will break the game. I'm not saying let people switch advanced classes daily, but let us do it atleast once.

Leveling in this game takes too long and it's not very appealing when you do it more than once. This is a gamebreaker for me and several people I know because they have no desire to play the advanced class they picked anymore and I can't play this game anymore unless I can do it. I'm not trying to come across as a child, but it's a deal breaker for me.

For the record I think this game is freaking awesome and very well done.

TL;DR: this game needs an option to change your advanced class atleast once because i'm quitting untill it happens.

Edited by Benesmash

I'm not going to lie, i'm indecisive when it comes to what I want to play late game. I have always reached max levels in other mmos when I played because I could always switch specs while I play.

I can't do that in this one because I can't switch advanced classes. I have rerolled twice 1 level 23 and 1 level 33, but I would like to change advanced class on my 23 so that could be my main, but i'm unable to because for some reason bioware doesn't allow it. I think it's ridiculous because it's not like it will break the game. I'm not saying let people switch advanced classes daily, but let us do it atleast once.

Leveling in this game takes too long and it's not very appealing when you do it more than once. This is a gamebreaker for me and several people I know because they have no desire to play the advanced class they picked anymore and I can't play this game anymore unless I can do it. I'm not trying to come across as a child, but it's a deal breaker for me.

For the record I think this game is freaking awesome and very well done.

TL;DR: this game needs an option to change your advanced class atleast once because i'm quitting untill it happens.

AC = your actual class

Spec = your talent points, you can respec in this in every other mmo and this one as well.

Example:

In WoW you cant respec Warlock to Warrior or Mage to Priest. You can respect Affliction to Destruction, Fury to arms, arcane to...well honestly arcane Q_Q, and shadow to holy.

In SW:TOR you can go Healing sage to DPS sage, can't go from Sage (a Ranged/caster class) to Shadow (tank/MDPS)

*EDIT can I have your stuff?

Edited by Battyone

I know, but you never know if youll like the class unless you play it untill atleast level 20. and if you have to reroll the same class, but choose a different advanced class it just makes it unappealing and not very fun the 2nd time you do it. It's pretty much the same class though that's the thing. I think you're going to the extreme when you say from warlock to warrior. the change isn't that drastic and only requires you to change weapons not armor. Edited by Benesmash

I know, but you never know if youll like the class unless you play it untill atleast level 20. and if you have to reroll the same class, but choose a different advanced class it just makes it unappealing and not very fun the 2nd time you do it.

That's life for you. It's not any different then, say, playing WoW, rolling a Warrior and finding out you dislike it.

It's not like you can ask Blizzard to let you "re-class" your Warrior into another class. You just roll up another character.

ac = your actual class

spec = your talent points, you can respec in this in every other mmo and this one as well.

Example:

In wow you cant respec warlock to warrior or mage to priest. You can respect affliction to destruction, fury to arms, arcane to...well honestly arcane q_q, and shadow to holy.

In sw:tor you can go healing sage to dps sage, can't go from sage (a ranged/caster class) to shadow (tank/mdps)

*edit can i have your stuff?

^^^^^ this guys please take note

Yay for a toally classless system with access to all the skills so you never have to worry about switching (advanced) classes!!!

Oh, and "yay" too for "BioWare, give me X or I don't play!". :p

The issue isn't that you can't change once you've chosen. The issue is that there's NO WAY to tell which you will prefer until you play one for a while and by then it's too late to go back if you feel like you made a mistake.

The game should change in one core way: you should choose your advanced class at the character creation screen, you should be able to switch back and forth at the press of a button, and once you've made it to the Fleet at level 10 it should have you choose which one you want to stick with for the rest of the game (and to stop people from never choosing it shouldn't let you progress until you choose). Or it should split the advanced classes up into discrete, individual classes and just get rid of the advanced class idea all together.

That's life for you. It's not any different then, say, playing WoW, rolling a Warrior and finding out you dislike it.

It's not like you can ask Blizzard to let you "re-class" your Warrior into another class. You just roll up another character.

That's exaggerated though, the change isn't that drastic. It's just new weapons. It's nothing like going from warlock to warrior.

Do you not realize that Warrior starts at level 1 and, for example, Sage and Shadow starts at level 10? Is this really a hard concept for you? In order to choose and find out if you made the right choice or not, you have to spend several hours. That's a terrible design decision.

I know, but you never know if youll like the class unless you play it untill atleast level 20. and if you have to reroll the same class, but choose a different advanced class it just makes it unappealing and not very fun the 2nd time you do it.

Was it fun in say.. WoW? The only thing that saved there was choosing a different race. But if you badly want a troll character, you'd have to do the same quests the 2nd time.

The issue isn't that you can't change once you've chosen. The issue is that there's NO WAY to tell which you will prefer until you play one for a while and by then it's too late to go back if you feel like you made a mistake.

The game clearly gives you information on the roles of each advanced class, their skill trees, and the items they can use.

That's exaggerated though, the change isn't that drastic. It's just new weapons. It's nothing like going from warlock to warrior.

Oh but it is. Each advanced class plays completely differently from the other one. A Jedi Guardian doesn't play like a Jedi Sentinel for example. The Advanced Classes only share ONE skill tree, the other two are unique to it.

What are you talking about? Jedi Shadow plays ENTIRELY differently from Jedi Sage. Like night and day different. All of them are like that. They have the same origin but once you pass level 10 you're playing a different class.

This is no different from rolling a Forsaken toon in WoW, getting to Brill, saying "I don't like these mechanics" and rolling another Forsaken in a different class, except well all the dialog and etc are going to be different after level 10.

Do you not realize that Warrior starts at level 1 and, for example, Sage and Shadow starts at level 10? Is this really a hard concept for you? In order to choose and find out if you made the right choice or not, you have to spend several hours. That's a terrible design decision.

Level 10 takes all of an hour or two to get. It's not any different from anything else in a game. You spend hours on a class, and you may not like it. That's just how it is. you can't expect the game to just let you take that character and completely alter it because you want to try a new class, but don't want to roll up a new character.

There's no need to post how you feel, just quit or stay no need to tell everyone you're quitting . No one is going to feel sorry for you, or miss you.

I'm not trying to get people to feel sorry for me. This is what the forums is for to give your opinions so when bioware reads all the whiny post they can maybe change their mind about it.

There's no need to post how you feel, just quit or stay no need to tell everyone you're quitting . No one is going to feel sorry for you, or miss you.

Actually there is no analog for this ridiculous situation in WoW. Blizzard completely side stepped the issue by making it so there was 8 classes per faction instead of 4 classes that each have two subclasses. I don't know why Bioware made this decision. Jedi Consular shouldn't exist, Jedi Sage and Jedi Shadow should be what you choose between at the character creation screen.

Level 10 takes all of an hour or two to get. It's not any different from anything else in a game. You spend hours on a class, and you may not like it. That's just how it is. you can't expect the game to just let you take that character and completely alter it because you want to try a new class, but don't want to roll up a new character.

It took me about 8 hours the first time and about 6 hours the second time. An hour or two? Wrong.

You should've read the bold text the game gave you saying "You'll never be able to change your advanced class, so choose wisely."

Sure, and BW should have realized that FORCING someone to choose a PERMANENT AC before they even get a chance to play it is.....stupid. Let people get a feel for it first, THEN and ONLY then, require them to lock in a choice for AC.

And no, I'm not a whiny "casual"; I've been a longtime member of the beta, and I've got altitis out the whazzoo.

This is an issue I see that would potentially turn off a TON of "casual" gamers (read: not those who usually play MMOs)