Just spent around 50k at the trainer for skills that I already earned.

TheBBP

spent 45K training on my Sage, 150K on my Commando and have not checked my other 23 of my 25, 55's very expensive indeed training on stuff I have already trained on and paid for. Not impressed. :mad:

And 48495 on my Guardians. (each)

55896 on my sawbones Scoundrel (I enjoyed paying for training for slow release medpack from it's lowest level to 55. Yeah can't tell a difference from what I had before, I am sure it is nurfed actually)

Now this is all for LVL 55. Have not even started to level any up. Have not even started buying 50K each for 3 different advanced training (was 10K last) who is the genius that thought 50K is ok? (read 150K every toon before schematics)

Going to have to spend the first week or two just doing dailies so I can train my LVL 55's back to LVL55. :mad:

Edited by DakotaDoc

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spent 45K training on my Sage, 150K on my Commando and have not check my other 23 of 25, 55's very expensive indeed training on stuff I have already trained on and paid for. Not impressed. :mad:

I have seen some folks complaining in game that buying back old abilities cost them as much as 400k total...that is pretty steep lol.

I am just going to wait and see if this was intended or not.

Edited by LordArtemis

That may be the case, but only heal I seem to be missing at this point is resurgence....I may have missed that one though.

I was unclear, they removed them from the base class and put them in the healer discipline. You shouldn't have lost any heals as a healer (aside from possibly having to retrain some) but as a DPS the heals that you get access to were switched around.

I was unclear, they removed them from the base class and put them in the healer discipline. You shouldn't have lost any heals as a healer (aside from possibly having to retrain some) but as a DPS the heals that you get access to were switched around.

Oh, I see. Is resurgence then something all Inqs get at this point?

All this whine over a few tens of thousands of credits..

Really?

Credits fall like candy in this game your beef is having to pay for a few skills?

Regardless,

go out and do either Ilum or black hole and you will be fine.

If you lvled to 55 without saving any money then what can I say......

Yes, because it's completely normal for Class A on Faction Y to have to re-buy "Soft CC ability with 60 second cooldown" while Class A in Faction Z does not.

It's not about game money, it's about bug reporting.

No, only Sorcs, not Sins.

Ah. I guess I have to read up on this change then, it is now more confusing lol.

it just seems to me this would have been a good opportunity to remove the cost to train advanced abilities. That would have been the best move to quash this problem IMO.

Ah. I guess I have to read up on this change then, it is now more confusing lol.

it just seems to me this would have been a good opportunity to remove the cost to train advanced abilities. That would have been the best move to quash this problem IMO.

If you didn't have to purchase abilities, you would have millions of credits upon hitting max level. The credit sink is there to give you something to spend money on and keep the "economy" stable.

Essentially, Sorcs traded Dark Infusion for Resurgance. Both exist, but the one you had is in the healing tree and the one you didn't have is available to all Sorcs.

If you didn't have to purchase abilities, you would have millions of credits upon hitting max level. The credit sink is there to give you something to spend money on and keep the "economy" stable.

Essentially, Sorcs traded Dark Infusion for Resurgance. Both exist, but the one you had is in the healing tree and the one you didn't have is available to all Sorcs.

There are other credit sinks in the game. Not to mention that the problem is credit supply since this cost is unavoidable.

As to your second point, I see what you are saying, but would only point out that I had both if I remember correctly...I was a Sorc healer....Corruption I believe. Perhaps Dark Heal was not in my healing tree.

My sincere hope is that my severe stupidity is not beginning it irritate you ;)

Anything that is new to the class is fair to pay for now.

First, this bug (if it is one) is not restricted to new abilities- I have toons where I am supposed to buy skills I already had before.

And even for new stuff, it wouldn't be fair to charge that. They redesigned the skill tree. Everyone should have everything up to his level (unless he indeed didn't buy it). Especially since I don't get refunds on skills I bought that I now don't have access to anymore, it would be just fair that I get any new skills added up to my current level for free.

First, this bug (if it is one) is not restricted to new abilities- I have toons where I am supposed to buy skills I already had before.

And even for new stuff, it wouldn't be fair to charge that. They redesigned the skill tree. Everyone should have everything up to his level (unless he indeed didn't buy it). Especially since I don't get refunds on skills I bought that I now don't have access to anymore, it would be just fair that I get any new skills added up to my current level for free.

Exactly. Scoundrels had to pay for XS Freighter, for instance, which is now gone. Honestly, I'm just going to hold off on buying new skills until they respond. I have 16 characters, 12 of which are 55. I have a couple million credits total, but I certainly don't want to deplete that if this is a bug.

There are other credit sinks in the game. Not to mention that the problem is credit supply since this cost is unavoidable.

As to your second point, I see what you are saying, but would only point out that I had both if I remember correctly...I was a Sorc healer....Corruption I believe. Perhaps Dark Heal was not in my healing tree.

The only heals you picked up before in Corruption were Innervate (the channel), Resurgance, the instant with the extra effects on your next heal, and Revification the AOE. Dark Heal and Dark Infusion, the two casts, were base to all Sorcs. Now the longer cast, more powerful DI, is specific to Corruption and Resurgance took it's place with Dark Heal as basic to all Sorcs, although the additional effects on the next heal is not present without Corruption talents.

Hope that clears it up.

Exactly. Scoundrels had to pay for XS Freighter, for instance, which is now gone. Honestly, I'm just going to hold off on buying new skills until they respond. I have 16 characters, 12 of which are 55. I have a couple million credits total, but I certainly don't want to deplete that if this is a bug.

Yea, I think I am going to hold off on buying any skills or leveling for the time being as well. Ill grab the new mods available, perhaps run some planetary heroics for basics without the paid for skills...will faceroll them at level 55 of course, but I will avoid any new content or ability purchases until all this is sorted out.

Better be a bug because I don't want to have to buy or rebuy when I change specs. As has been said this should have been ironed out by QA and should never have come to live like this. I'm glad some people find getting credits easy, but there are many of us that don't have that luxury.

I'll not be able to play a single character if this is the case because I don't have one character that has more than 20-30k on them right now. Most in fact are sitting at about 1-5K.

Edited by Sorwen

That's correct. Dark Infusion (if I have my ability names correct) was a base ability for the Sorcerer advanced class, whereas Resurgence was an ability granted through your tree. They've been swapped and now Corruption grants Dark Infusion and Resurgence is a base ability that you get from the Sorcerer trainer.

The only heals you picked up before in Corruption were Innervate (the channel), Resurgance, the instant with the extra effects on your next heal, and Revification the AOE. Dark Heal and Dark Infusion, the two casts, were base to all Sorcs. Now the longer cast, more powerful DI, is specific to Corruption and Resurgance took it's place with Dark Heal as basic to all Sorcs, although the additional effects on the next heal is not present without Corruption talents.

Hope that clears it up.

Ok, so I was right, all sorcs have resurgence now without the HOT if I understand you right. That would be a reason to charge for it....since I don't know how they would not charge healers but charge others that didnt have it before.

Still, its probably bad form to charge at all for it.

Edited by LordArtemis

Ok, so I was right, all sorcs have resurgence now without the HOT if I understand you right. That would be a reason to charge for it....since I don't know how they would not charge healers but charge others that didnt have it before.

Still, its probably bad form to charge at all for it.

Considering everyone paid for Dark Infusion costs and anyone outside of the Corruption tree lose access to it, I probably would not have charged for Resurgance now.

If I were BW, I would have made any level 55 or lower ability free to train for 48 hours after you log into a character to avoid any issues like this. It gives players time to get the abilities if they don't realize they are free right away and still charges them for the new ranks or new abilities as they level. As it is, I think it's just first day confusion and some random bugs that are throwing everyone off and it will work out in the end.

Considering everyone paid for Dark Infusion costs and anyone outside of the Corruption tree lose access to it, I probably would not have charged for Resurgance now.

If I were BW, I would have made any level 55 or lower ability free to train for 48 hours after you log into a character to avoid any issues like this. It gives players time to get the abilities if they don't realize they are free right away and still charges them for the new ranks or new abilities as they level. As it is, I think it's just first day confusion and some random bugs that are throwing everyone off and it will work out in the end.

I would have just made all advanced abilities free, period, made them automatic as you leveled, and removed them from trainers.

The only abilities I would have continued to charge for would have been base abilities.

Seemingly my Carnage Marauder has to rebuy his interrupt for crying out loud, a skill I last bought at level 18!

http://i.imgur.com/7EoSA74.jpg

And my Sage has to repurchase Force Lift, which he's had since level 4!

http://i.imgur.com/y6iR1Ne.jpg

Seriously Bioware, are you really trying to annoy your players? I have 17 level 55s to retrain. What a waste of time and credits.

Thanks Bioware. :mad:

Edited by GoldenHornet

• Dev Post
It's a bug, I am sure. Just an odd one.

Hey folks,

Although there may have been some skills that would require training with the implementation of Disciplines, it does seem (due to these reports) that it may be wider spread than that. We are looking into this now and once I have more info I will pass it on.

-eric

Hey folks,

Although there may have been some skills that would require training with the implementation of Disciplines, it does seem (due to these reports) that it may be wider spread than that. We are looking into this now and once I have more info I will pass it on.

-eric

Outstanding. Thank you Eric. Is there any chance of reimbursement? Comms are acceptable. :p

Edited by TheBBP

Hey folks,

-eric

Even if it's stuff that was in the tree skill before, I don't think it's fair to suddenly charge credits for them because you changed the whole system around. I'll be interested to find out how refunds will work once this is fixed.

Mmm...

Tacky is the word that comes to mind if this is true, so Bioware throws away skills I learned and paid for, and then replace them with skills I obviously did not have and learn, and thus now since they are new, I have to pay? Don't my lost skills merit a refund?

In fact i would contend a player would in a "zero sum gain" situation would have lost as many skills as they gained; thus there should be no cost experienced during the convertion.

Sue

Edited by Starglitter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.