Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Didn't pre order by 2nd

SteelDawn

Hi

I didn't preorder by 2nd Nov only on the 11th, what happens tomorrow since i dont get early access am i stuck at level 55? what a load of rubish!

You will be stuck a level 55. You will not get access to the new planet or moon (just for your Darth Wicked). You will not be able to advance crew skills. You will not be able to access the new FP or OP.

You will get disciplines and comm conversion.

What a load of rubbish that you think you are entitled to access to early access even though your failed to preorder by the deadline.

Edited by Warrgames

Not at all, it is pretty common, and it was the deal everyone was offered.

Plus it makes economic sense: BioWare got to use my money for (over) a month, and in exchange for my "short term loan" to them, I get early access. Look up "time value of money" if you don't already understand the concept.

At this point, BioWare cannot change the deal without cheating the people like me, who loaned them $20 for a month or more, out of the quid-pro-quo we were promised: access one week earlier than those who did not "loan" BioWare the money. And as you already know, that early access brings in-game advantages -- which I paid for and you did not.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Hi

I didn't preorder by 2nd Nov only on the 11th, what happens tomorrow since i dont get early access am i stuck at level 55? what a load of rubish!

How is it rubbish? They clearly and precisely stated what the pre-order bonuses were and how to get them. The early access required pre-ordering by a certain date. Whether didn't want to or weren't able to order it by that date doesn't make it BW's problem. You paid for the expansion after the deadline and are going to get access to the expansion on the date they told you you'd get access all along.

What's the problem here?

How is it rubbish? They clearly and precisely stated what the pre-order bonuses were and how to get them. The early access required pre-ordering by a certain date. Whether didn't want to or weren't able to order it by that date doesn't make it BW's problem. You paid for the expansion after the deadline and are going to get access to the expansion on the date they told you you'd get access all along.

What's the problem here?

PEBKAC Error... It used to be a learning curve with new devices, but we've fixed that cause. Now, however, it seems to manifest itself as a perception problem with a mix of an extreme feeling of entitlement.

Current manifestation has no known fix, we can only hope that it fixes it self before it replicates further.

To put a more positive spin on this: What can I do while I wait out those 7 days?

I'm a returning player who didn't even know there WAS a new expansion before resubbing. I'm level 53 right now, on my way to 55. So what can I do that will be helpful while I wait for the new content?

Hi

Load of rubbish? How?! In what way do you think you were cheated? You clearly didn't make the deadline...what's the issue?

To put a more positive spin on this: What can I do while I wait out those 7 days?

I'm a returning player who didn't even know there WAS a new expansion before resubbing. I'm level 53 right now, on my way to 55. So what can I do that will be helpful while I wait for the new content?

You may be able to train your crew skills to 500. Not really sure, but crew skills are not dependent on level.

Could people who did not buy RotHC get their crew skills above 400 when 2.0 launched?

Or did that require buying the expansion?

We have to wait until the patchnotes and the server update tomorrow to see what will change with pre-order characters and those that did not pre-order.

My guess is that the game will not change much for those that has not active expansion.

If I had missed the deadline then I would still have a few days of level 55 comm spending content to do. A huge amount. I have around 9000 comms to spend just to get them down to 1000 basic comms on each character. How many characters have you got ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

My suggestions:

Daily missions for credits, rep and comms - FPs and Ops if you can get groups, Makeb if you're just solo. Take your time, let the bugs get patched before rushing into the expansion...a week won't make much difference at all for you.

So what can I do that will be helpful while I wait for the new content?

If you want to be helpful you can study the new strategy in OPS that Dulfy probably will have up and running in no time.

Then you will have a much more enjoyable experience once you reach 60 and do OPS

Only a friendly suggestion :tran_grin:

My suggestions:

Daily missions for credits, rep and comms - FPs and Ops if you can get groups, Makeb if you're just solo. Take your time, let the bugs get patched before rushing into the expansion...a week won't make much difference at all for you.

so Tux how was your day with Sircooperfield..IIRC he wanted a twitter verification letter from BW and had something about ahh! a meet and greet on the fleet etc..i assume you went like you said you would;)

Edited by Lt-Snake

My suggestions:

Yeah after spending comms down to just below the 1000 basic max. Then do as TUX suggests. It was what I was going to say after you answered my question. Plenty to do and you can even learn your rotation tweaks. Also you can get to grips with the new discipline and utility systems.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Hi

Seeing as they explained right up front the early access conditions... you have nobody to blame for the "rubish" but yourself.

Edited by Andryah

My guess is that the game will not change much for those that has not active expansion.
I believe you are incorrect. Whether you get Early Access or not, tomorrow you will be playing the game using the new version 3.0 Disciplines system. All your skills will be reset, most have been changed, some skills are gone, some renamed, some new. And some of the animations have been changed too.

So you can spend the next week re-learning how to play your toons.

I believe you are incorrect. Whether you get Early Access or not, tomorrow you will be playing the game using the new version 3.0 Disciplines system. All your skills will be reset, most have been changed, some skills are gone, some renamed, some new. And some of the animations have been changed too.

So you can spend the next week re-learning how to play your toons.

Dev have already said and those players with experience with game expansions and early access have post about this. You will not get access to the new content. You will get all of the game changes.

If you don't have early access or expansion in a week.

You will get disciplines

You will get combat changes

You will get the comm conversion

You will not be able to level pass 55

You will not have access to buy items from vendors with 3.0 items even if the item are level 55.

You will not be able to travel to the new planet or moon.

You will not be able to do new FP or OP.

You will not be able to level your crew skills pass 450.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.