Begeren Colony Progression Thread (3.0)

Camelpockets

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is cheesing the fight considered legit?

It's as much of a cheese as ignoring the mechanics to any other fight and just healing through the resulting penalty damage (e.g. failing cross phase on Underlurker).

Edited by CelieSelie

I would say elaborate, but Bioware is watching o.0

Dulfy's guide explains it.

In my opinion, since you're bypassing it up to the point where you don't even need the buff from the WB, I consider it to be a cheese. Considering it looks like both teams had three healers in their group.

Dulfy's guide explains it.

In my opinion, since you're bypassing it up to the point where you don't even need the buff from the WB, I consider it to be a cheese. Considering it looks like both teams had three healers in their group.

2 healers. 1 (explosiveroni) at 5.8ehps and the other Kat (4.2 w/baby in hand)

Edited by Drystools

Ok, I see it now. The second clear looks to have used three healers because there was no WB buff, but OC's clear did it with two because they had said buff.

Where, of course, only bads or non geared healers would have trouble with it since it's essentially a test on whether or not your healers know how to number pad their stats.

Let's just hope someone here can actually down that boss through running the mechanics intentionally before everyone has a 204 MH, right? ;)

Ok, I see it now. The second clear looks to have used three healers because there was no WB buff, but OC's clear did it with two because they had said buff.

Where, of course, only bads or non geared healers would have trouble with it since it's essentially a test on whether or not your healers know how to number pad their stats.

Let's just hope someone here can actually down that boss through running the mechanics intentionally before everyone has a 204 MH, right? ;)

Its a failure of the devs to have mechanics which allow for it to be single tanked and for the colors to be cheesed. This boss and the resulting 204 MH drop has essentially killed competitive PVE. There's no reason to pursue Revan other than the achievement, and this boss being as easy and cheesable as it is simply is a shame. I'll certainly enjoy getting a group in there (once I have the people, bleh) but it's kind of too bad.

I've also had an incredible amount of difficulty finding HM raiders, I'd totally be open and welcome to any collaboration that other guilds (DWBI and OC) are up for. I popped into OC's TS the other day looking for a dps, unknowingly as they were starting their own run, and someone mentioned "I thought Dark Hunters hated us". Obviously there are some personalities that don't work as well together in raid settings but with the amount of personnel issues we're having I really cannot afford to discriminate and compete with other guilds for kills. I openly welcome communication and maybe I should talk to xillin again to see if we should be collaborating raid days better so we can help each other out. Our server still doesn't have a Revan kill, and the only guild that was close is now inactive. We have probably 3-4 dozen people who would be doing really well in HM raids if they had the people to run with. Jessie/aztul also have a group that often needs subs, and the two groups which posted bulo kills are at a point where they could probably use some collaboration as well.

I don't know if anything can or should be done, (i tried hosting some guild summits in the past with low success and leftovers didn't seem to appeal to many) but a few in my guild is looking wistfully at Harby now, and I'd much prefer to stay on BC if the raiding is similar. I talked to a now former member of zorz sort of about the state of the game with pve on harby and colossal essentially killed competitive pve there. There aren't many guilds still active there, and I hope for the sake of at least my enjoyment of the game that competitive pve (not that any of the current active guilds can really call themselves competitive) doesn't die here as well.

Edited by bluecheesebandit

I openly welcome communication and maybe I should talk to xillin again to see if we should be collaborating raid days better so we can help each other out.

He'd be up for that. Several of us have been vocal about squashing whatever "beef" there's, possibly surrounding both guilds. Pop in some time ;)

He'd be up for that. Several of us have been vocal about squashing whatever "beef" there's, possibly surrounding both guilds. Pop in some time ;)

I was always under the impression that OC hated DH so the two just never really interacted. I feel like its probably been OC hears rumors DH hates them, and DH hears the same about OC even though there's no real "issue" xD

I was always under the impression that OC hated DH so the two just never really interacted. I feel like its probably been OC hears rumors DH hates them, and DH hears the same about OC even though there's no real "issue" xD

Pretty much yeah. That's how the rumor mill gets going he said/she said.

Edited by Drystools

Should probably reset the kills for HM monolith since it can no longer be cheesed.

Eh.... the only factor that would change would be the server position clears, which would be kinda irrelevant after like a week anyways. If it really means that much to the community I'll change it, but I don't think the reset will actually change much.

Should probably reset the kills for HM monolith since it can no longer be cheesed.

It still can be cheesed. Look at the thread on reddit and the thread on the forums here. Definitely still can be cheesed, many groups reporting they have still cheesed it.

Its an easy boss anyway, dunno why people are competing for server position when all semi decent groups can clear it in the first week of lockouts. If it takes more than a few dozen hours to kill then server position is worthwhile but as is, meh.

It still can be cheesed. Look at the thread on reddit and the thread on the forums here. Definitely still can be cheesed, many groups reporting they have still cheesed it.

Its an easy boss anyway, dunno why people are competing for server position when all semi decent groups can clear it in the first week of lockouts. If it takes more than a few dozen hours to kill then server position is worthwhile but as is, meh.

Much this.

Only certain groups will down it for now. Finding competency is pretty rare.

Since these were the first official 16man posts, these will be given server firsts, unless others have screenshots of their kills.

Xillin I just need timestamps of Malaphar and Walker kills.

Edited by Camelpockets

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been recently told that DWBI will be raiding on Imp side now, and wish to be acknowledged as both Imp and Pub side, so they are indicated as Half Blue and Half Red to signify their current status.

This also means that their server clears on the Hash-Slinging Slashers have become obsolete, meaning these titles are open for grabs. Bosses affect are:

Torque

Master & Blaster (which no one else has cleared yet)

Walkers

Underlurker

Commanders

This means that:

Torque's Server Third position is up for grabs

Walkers' Server Third Position is up for grabs.

The rest will be given to the current people who have cleared said bosses.

I will need timestamps from those who have cleared these two bosses to correctly give these titles to, for those hwo are interested.