The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lethal Shot replaces Snipe

VdFExarKun

I didn't read this thread except the OP, but from one all galaxy sniper yo another (they took me off the leaderboards when I server transferred, plz fix bioware) snipe is used in pve lethality when laze target comes off cooldown, in the pve lethality single target rotation there is a gcd that needs to be filled before cull comes off cooldown again, and in this gcd you can explosive probe if good on energy, roll (the poison puddle helps dps) or snipe with laze target, and if no bueno on energy you can fill it with auto attack. So bioware saying that it replaces snipe is true..just not in a pvp aspect. Sorry for bringing all this pve crap to pvp forums.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read this thread except the OP, but from one all galaxy sniper yo another (they took me off the leaderboards when I server transferred, plz fix bioware) snipe is used in pve lethality when laze target comes off cooldown, in the pve lethality single target rotation there is a gcd that needs to be filled before cull comes off cooldown again, and in this gcd you can explosive probe if good on energy, roll (the poison puddle helps dps) or snipe with laze target, and if no bueno on energy you can fill it with auto attack. So bioware saying that it replaces snipe is true..just not in a pvp aspect. Sorry for bringing all this pve crap to pvp forums.

It absolutely is a PvE nod. However, with the removal of Explosive Probe, I'm pretty sure BW is expecting PvP Virulance Snipers to integrate it heavily into the mix.

I only rarely used Snipe before in PvP and only when Laze Target was available. Now we will be milking Laze Target for Cull. The Internal Damage and extra poison do give the skill some attraction. Since our Dart uptime will be largely based on Corrosive Grenade now, there is some potential space for working in Lethal Shot.

I'll leave the dirty work to you guys though. I'm rolling FotM all the way in 3.0.

And whoever takes the utility Snap Shot for PvP deserves to get globaled.

While that utility isn't necessarily that great, the alternatives in Tier 1 aren't that much better. Presumably you are taking Dampers and the knockback from SoS. The options for the required third point makes Snap Shot look pretty good. Cover Screen and single target Flash Powder are pretty useless, and the heal from Vital Regulators is laughably bad. I would think the the damage increase to Suppressive Fire is nothing special without the buffs from the Marksmen discipline. That leaves Snap Shot.

http://dulfy.net/2014/10/13/swtor-disciplines-calculator-swtor_miner/?link=dGEAAAA8AQECFwEGAggJDxAA

While that utility isn't necessarily that great, the alternatives in Tier 1 aren't that much better. Presumably you are taking Dampers and the knockback from SoS. The options for the required third point makes Snap Shot look pretty good. Cover Screen and single target Flash Powder are pretty useless, and the heal from Vital Regulators is laughably bad. I would think the the damage increase to Suppressive Fire is nothing special without the buffs from the Marksmen discipline. That leaves Snap Shot.

http://dulfy.net/2014/10/13/swtor-disciplines-calculator-swtor_miner/?link=dGEAAAA8AQECFwEGAggJDxAA

Is sweeping gunfire considered AOE damage? If so, it may be worth while in ENG when the AOE damage boost is running; otherwise, the only other abilities ENG has that are AOE are freight flyby and incendiary grenade which is what causes the overwhelm to begin wiht. That also makes me wonder if you hit them with incendiary grenade twice so the second one gets the damage or do the tics from the initial benefit from its own debuff?

Btw if I understood it right, Evasion's duration will be 3 secs for all Snipers, no way to increase its duration with set bonus or via talent anymore.

So, no purge of dots anymore, lasts only 3 secs no way to increase that anymore and has a CD of 1 min.

But it now gives us 75% dmg reduction against blah dmg - wow...

What a fair trade that is. It should be either 100% or reduce the CD of it because 1 min for 3 secs is a bit too much and 3 seconds? Well you blink once with your eyes and 3 secs are over and your dead.

You're seriously going to cry over the trade between purging dots in exchange for a 75% yellow damage reduction added on to the already 200% white dodge chance? No wonder you're crying over the new snipe for Lethality....

To be honest all the changes to snipers make much more sense from a pve aspect. I'd love to know if there actually were any pvp snipers in the beta testing.

Well, I wasn't. No beta invite for Cryyc. I would have made a lot of suggestions tho. But well, I guess BW blacklisted me or w/e.

Well I'm taking Ballistic Dampers, Vital Regulators and Flash Powder. Maybe I will trade VR or FP for Imperial Efficiency, will see how fights will look like after 3.0 in PvP.

And yes I was prolly too harsh on that statement about Snap Shot.^.^

In case I won't be attacked a lot, I might look into it and test it, but as soon as I notice that I'm No1 target of everybody again then I don't really have use for it and need the tools to survive as long as possible, as it is right now.:p

What are you? Some kind of psychologist? If no, then pls **** about self esteem and insecure behaviour. Your passive aggresive troll behaviour won't make anything you write seem more right than what everybody else writes.

Almost seems I'm talking here to evolixe.:rolleyes:

Seriously... you should talk to someone about that. You calling me out for being passive-aggressive when I was clearly mocking your passive-aggressive post :rolleyes: Also, I'm pretty sure you're not using the word "troll" correctly. My post upsetting, or you thinking it was an attempt to upset you, doesn't make it a troll :D

All I was pointing out is, no one is saying you don't know how to play your class, just that you should consider the idea of changing how you play in 3.0 due to the changes. You know, embrace them or at least try it out, before raging. It's not about right or wrong, it's simply an opinion no more or less valuable than yours. I hope I used enough flowery language so you will no longer feel like i'm antagonizing you.

Edited by TezMoney

A message from Sibek Korin since he cannot post for himself anymore.

Now, i've only been the number one gunslinger once, so i'm clearly not as qualified to cry about things like Cryyc, but I assure you that things are fine with snipers/gunslingers. Our damage output is absolutely insane, and our survivability HAS been buffed. It hurts me to keep reading these posts about how the class needs a buff, please just stop it. Don't knock it until you've actually played it.

#yoloswaggermickjagger

Edited by BeatTheBox

Now, i've only been the number one gunslinger once, so i'm clearly not as qualified to cry about things like Cryyc, but I assure you that things are fine with snipers/gunslingers. Our damage output is absolutely insane, and our survivability HAS been buffed. It hurts me to keep reading these posts about how the class needs a buff, please just stop it. Don't knock it until you've actually played it.

#yoloswaggermickjagger

Our survivability has not been buffed its been nerfed. We lost the ability to purge dots. Thats a big chunk out of my hp pool gone. I'm gonna guard a node get hit by two dots while the guy goes invis and wait till im at half health and waits out my entrech, then im toast. Thats if I was able Ito get entrech off, against good sins its no guarantee.. With all the new cc immunity knock back won't be as useful, so I see this as a nerf. They buffed dmg slightly, but defensively I don't see it. In arenas, you have to play almost perfect no mistakes or your dead, not sure these changes will matter as much in arena, im thinking in regs its a big def nerf, especially one vs one vs a dot class. Cryacs point on leaving cover is no hyperbole. You leave cover you get torn to shreds quick. Plus you roll into new spot you get new ballistic dampers, but if your always dotted up the dampers are being wasted on ticks of dots. And please don't accuse me of crying, im complaining. Bw is nerfing my healer into the ground as well, maybe ill switch my ops into lethality tree and compare the two.

I

I stopped really reading at page four. You're giving my cancer, Cryc.

It's an expansion. Things are changing. Instead of crying over changes, welcome them. Deception is changing for me, some changes I'm iffy over. I'm not going to start screaming and whining about it, however, less than a weak before the expansion drops.

Btw passive aggressive has about 15 different definitions none of which can be diagnosed on a message board of people ************ about bw changes. Every other class gets to complain, why not people who enjoy sniper? That being said anyone who disagrees with me is a jerk. :mad: Edited by HaLeX

Our survivability has not been buffed its been nerfed. We lost the ability to purge dots. Thats a big chunk out of my hp pool gone. I'm gonna guard a node get hit by two dots while the guy goes invis and wait till im at half health and waits out my entrech, then im toast. Thats if I was able Ito get entrech off, against good sins its no guarantee.. With all the new cc immunity knock back won't be as useful, so I see this as a nerf. They buffed dmg slightly, but defensively I don't see it. In arenas, you have to play almost perfect no mistakes or your dead, not sure these changes will matter as much in arena, im thinking in regs its a big def nerf, especially one vs one vs a dot class. Cryacs point on leaving cover is no hyperbole. You leave cover you get torn to shreds quick. Plus you roll into new spot you get new ballistic dampers, but if your always dotted up the dampers are being wasted on ticks of dots. And please don't accuse me of crying, im complaining. Bw is nerfing my healer into the ground as well, maybe ill switch my ops into lethality tree and compare the two.

I

Sorry, but you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Oh wow, we can't purge anymore? So WHAT we get 75% DR to ALL FORCE AND TECH that includes dots AND every ability they'll be using while the dots are ticking. Not to mention EVERY TREE has DIVERSION now, granted, and individual would have to stand in it, but it will completely wreck a melee if you place it on yourself. Our shield probe got a reduced CD for ALL TREES, and absorbs more FOR ALL TREES, we can also spec into additional knockbacks in penetrating rounds, and get a reduced CD on one of the BEST defensive cooldowns in the game, scrambling field, AND WE ALSO GET AN ADDITIONAL 6% DR WHENEVER WE'RE IN COVER from the engineering tree. Not to mention our roll is still a 100% resist to all damage, so if you have half a brain you could completely negate someone's burst. You have no idea what you're talking about, buddy.

It still only 3 seconds. I'd rather have a purge because there will be dots flying everywhere. You have a good point on diversion, I didnt notice its an aoe now. But will that help me in a duel vs a sorc or a sin which are like half the players now? New knock back, I didn't know about it, fantastic. Since your a pro, not being sarcastic, break down a duel vs a sorc for me with our buffed defenses.

Sorry, but you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Oh wow, we can't purge anymore? So WHAT we get 75% DR to ALL FORCE AND TECH that includes dots AND every ability they'll be using while the dots are ticking. Not to mention EVERY TREE has DIVERSION now, granted, and individual would have to stand in it, but it will completely wreck a melee if you place it on yourself. Our shield probe got a reduced CD for ALL TREES, and absorbs more FOR ALL TREES, we can also spec into additional knockbacks in penetrating rounds, and get a reduced CD on one of the BEST defensive cooldowns in the game, scrambling field, AND WE ALSO GET AN ADDITIONAL 6% DR WHENEVER WE'RE IN COVER from the engineering tree. Not to mention our roll is still a 100% resist to all damage, so if you have half a brain you could completely negate someone's burst. You have no idea what you're talking about, buddy.

Well said, Police Chief Beat.

Well said, Police Chief Beat.

Well now I'm confused. I thought it was still Sibek talking

Btw passive aggressive has about 15 different definitions none of which can be diagnosed on a message board of people ************ about bw changes. Every other class gets to complain, why not people who enjoy sniper? That being said anyone who disagrees with me is a jerk. :mad:

I think you're thinking of passive aggressive personality disorder.

Edited by TezMoney

Everything that is happening in 3.0 seems very untested from a pvp perspective. My guess is that all feedback - and the dev response to that feedback - in the closed testing has been based around pve.

Which was most likely the case. I would also assume that Slinger/Sniper got the least attention from the devs and I also think that they ran out of money when it came to new animations for Slinger/Snipers. They prolly had already spent everything on the other classes.:rolleyes:

I don't know if Sniper will be a class after 3.0 that you can enjoy in PvP.

#yoloswaggermickjagger

That was funny to read, made me giggle.

What I am saying is that Bioware is giving the wrong reasons to remove the purge if they are keeping it for sorcs, if you adjust an abiltiy please give the correct argumentation for it.

Their purge is barrier, yes? The two abilities cannot be compared.