Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

You're using antiquated and disproven fallacies to support some ridiculous claim, bro. Although, I'd settle for a global LFG channel. The current system is, to say the least, needlessly difficult and poorly thought out.

None of which have actually been proven either way. The whole argument is worthless my only goal is to show Bioware that there are supports on both sides and that they should make their own decisions.

Edited by Ellvaan
Rude (pm'd)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you bothering somoene looking for group? If somene seriously goes you know what iam tired of seeing general they can A open options up and click a button to stop general or if thats to much work they can go to the top left corner and click close and walla no chat at all

Okay, I saw a post in here that made me comment, it was one about tanks and healers not liking LFG because they liked people kissing up to them and such.

In WoW, pre LFG I played a healer. Generally all I had to do was post in chat Healer LFG any 70+ instance. Sometimes I would get a group that just needed a healer, sometimes I would get an 80 trrying to run his pre 80 dps buddy through an instance, and wanted a healer for tht extra security. Sometimes, however it would be an hour, looking for 1 tank.

Do you want to know what I did?

I started adding tanks to my friends list, you know, the ones I thought were good. from 70-80 in wrath I must have met 5 consistent, reliable, really good tanks. They made up most of my friends list, but you know what? Generally here was our conversations:

"Hey Pad, wanna run an instance?"

"Sure Are, let me ask my guild if any DPS want to come"

"Thanks man"

Eventually I became friends with some of them, others just people I called on for instances if no one else was on. Sometimes they asked me, in fact I ended up running regular Halls of Lighting like 10+ times in one day, trying to get this certain tanking trinket to drop for one of these tanks.

Did they suck up to me? No. Was it enjoyable? Yes.

Currently in WoW I hit the RDF tool, and we either go through with no talking if everything is smooth, and people whining if things are bad. People get vote kicked for no reason, DPS complain about every mistake the tank/healer makes, and if you have never been there you get kicked. I hate it.

None of which have actually been proven either way. The whole argument is worthless my only goal is to show Bioware that there are supports on both sides and that they should make their own decisions.

You know every feature bioware put into this game that you can't stand?

right now, they put all of those in by their own decisions.

Edited by Ellvaan
Rude + replies (Pm'd)

You know every feature bioware put into this game that you can't stand?

right now, they put all of those in by their own decisions.

Yep, and I thank them for making a game of their own that is beautiful and enjoyable. I would like to see where this game goes instead of seeing another WoW clone

You know it just hit me the ppl complaining i hate having to /1 looking for BT, MR, ect ect are the same ppl sitting in this forum typing a hell of alot more words out. So the iriony here is I hate having to type anything productive out to find something that i want to do but iam not above hitting the forums up to complain

You know it just hit me the ppl complaining i hate having to /1 looking for BT, MR, ect ect are the same ppl sitting in this forum typing a hell of alot more words out. So the iriony here is I hate having to type anything productive out to find something that i want to do but iam not above hitting the forums up to complain

sadly im crafting right now gives me alot of downtime to write on the forums.=D

Try this instead.

They're waiting in the imperial fleet spamming LFG for a tank and taking 30 sec pauses to tab out to the forums and complain about it since you know... they're forced to waste their time instead of playing the game if they actually want to do a flashpoint.

Nailed it

Okay, I saw a post in here that made me comment, it was one about tanks and healers not liking LFG because they liked people kissing up to them and such.

[snip]

but you do understand that that might not be everyones experience with the LFD tool, right? It varies largely from server to server.

My server on wow, SUCKED...HARD! It was full of trolls, A holes, D bags, ninjas, and all manner of scum. I -never- went into trade chat, and i -never- talked to anyone outside my small circle of friends, and my guild.

Before the LFD tool, i was at the mercy of when my guildies got on and wanted to do things. Yea, i had fun doing it with them..But what about when i was suffering from insomnia, awake at 2AM, and wanted to run a quick dungeon? I COULDN'T BECAUSE MY SERVER SUCKED.

With the LFD tool, i could do what dungeon i wanted, when i wanted and you know what? the LFD tool actually made me MORE friends, and let me be MORE social. Because, remember what i said about my realm? It, sucked.

See, because my realm was so bad. Without the LFD tool, i would of STAYED only talking to my guild, and my few friends. With it, i could talk to random, friendly people during breaks or afks.

Now. you know what the difference between having LFD, and not having it is? with LFD you still have the option to group with friends..Without it, some of my fondest memories of that game would of never happened.

Edited by acheros

but you do understand that that might not be everyones experience with the LFD tool, right? It varies largely from server to server.

My server on wow, SUCKED...HARD! It was full of trolls, A holes, D bags, ninjas, and all manner of scum. I -never- went into trade chat, and i -never- talked to anyone outside my small circle of friends, and my guild.

Before the LFD tool, i was at the mercy of when my guildies got on and wanted to do things. Yea, i had fun doing it with them..But what about when i was suffering from insomnia, awake at 2AM, and wanted to run a quick dungeon? I COULDN'T BECAUSE MY SERVER SUCKED.

With the LFD tool, i could do what dungeon i wanted, when i dungeon. and you know what? the LFD tool actually made me MORE friends, and let me be MORE social. Because, remember what i said about my realm? It, sucked.

See, because my realm was so bad. Without the LFD tool, i would of STAYED only talking to my guild, and my few friends. With it, i could talk to random, friendly people during breaks or afks.

Now. you know what the difference between having LFD, and not having it is? with LFD you still have the option to group with friends..Without it, some of my fondest memories of that game would of never happened.

If you're fondest memory's of the game were forged in Cataclysm/WoTLK, you do not belong in a thread involving maintaining a quality game

Nice !

We dont need a DF. Ive never had any problems getting into the Flashpoints.

Im happy for you. Now take a step back and try to think about the ppl that might be having problems with finding grps for flashpoints because they work odd hours.

With the LFD tool, i could do what dungeon i wanted, when i wanted and you know what? the LFD tool actually made me MORE friends, and let me be MORE social. Because, remember what i said about my realm? It, sucked.

agreed 100%

Attempting to derail an argument with a comment like this admits you are unable to continue.

No, i can continue. I just find it funny how instead of actually trying to argue against my point you go to the standard "lawlz wrath/cata suckz and anyone who liked it is nub"

You know for a company that cares about the social aspect they sure did a good job making this game social and all.

Even small things like a realm forum are not there.

Looking for a group in this game is tedious.

Sure I can have my friend lists and my guild but guess what I can still do that with a LFG tool.

A non cross realm LFG tool is great once the game settles a bit and there aren't a lot of low levels for instances.

You will also meet people from your server.

Besides the current LFG tool is also not social.

I ask a person and I get a yes or no, for all I know the guy is rude.

But guess what I will find that out later, just like *GASP* the LFG tool.

This is a bad decision from Bioware, while I can suck it up the moment I see ' no add ons' I will cancel my sub since I don't feel like going back to the stone age of MMO gaming.

Been there done that.

No, i can continue. I just find it funny how instead of actually trying to argue against my point you go to the standard "lawlz wrath/cata suckz and anyone who liked it is nub"

It is a legitimate argument though, the game has gone into US population decline since then.

At least for the foreseeable future anyway, which is just fine by me. Read and weep:

Stephen Reid:

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

Kudos to Bioware for not giving in. I won't be so crass as to tell players who want this to go back to WoW, but I will point out that you now have a clear choice.

peh.

i cannot be bothered by blabbering for 45 minutes on a trade channel each night so that i may or may not find a working group to do some instance.

'forced socialization' is not something people like. wow knows this well and therefore implemented lfd tool and xrealm dungeoning.

that means ill just skip on the instances. i dont give a flying fyscke about 'socialization' out of necessities.

It is a legitimate argument though, the game has gone into US population decline since then.

No, it really isn't a legit argument because it has nothing to do with the argument i made.

Its like this.

"Well, i think we should ban tacos"

"No ones forcing you to eat tacos"

"Yea but root beer is delicious!"

..whut?

edit:..i think im getting hungry..

Edited by acheros

Nailed it

Nope he didn't. The reality is this :

Try this instead.

They're waiting in the imperial fleet spamming LFG for a tank and taking 30 sec pauses to tab out to the forums and complain about it since you know... they're forced to waste their time instead of playing the game if they actually want to do a flashpoint.

You know for a company that cares about the social aspect they sure did a good job making this game social and all.

Even small things like a realm forum are not there.

Looking for a group in this game is tedious.

Sure I can have my friend lists and my guild but guess what I can still do that with a LFG tool.

A non cross realm LFG tool is great once the game settles a bit and there aren't a lot of low levels for instances.

You will also meet people from your server.

Besides the current LFG tool is also not social.

I ask a person and I get a yes or no, for all I know the guy is rude.

But guess what I will find that out later, just like *GASP* the LFG tool.

This is a bad decision from Bioware, while I can suck it up the moment I see ' no add ons' I will cancel my sub since I don't feel like going back to the stone age of MMO gaming.

Been there done that.

Quit and be done then. There is a game for people who feel the need to threaten the cancellation of accounts if they don't get their way out there already.

If you're fondest memory's of the game were forged in Cataclysm/WoTLK, you do not belong in a thread involving maintaining a quality game

Why would his or her opinion matter less simply because he/she happens to have enjoyed cata/wotlk? simply because you didnt like something, doesnt make ppls view invalid when they like it.

wrath of the lich king was the apex of wow. i even had fun while playing that expansion.