Scoundrel DOA in full purple gear in Class leveling Missions.

Idaho-D

I have been playing a wide variety of Classes in their level progression missions in the past few weeks. All of them do fine in old blue gear. This includes Commando, Sorcerer, Sniper, Guardian, Jedi Shadow. The Scoundrel in full purple modded gear gets crushed and can't even keep their companion healed, and it's just a boss fight in a Class leveling mission! Nothing hard, the mission is even coded green in the mission log.

Enough is enough. This has been going on for 2-3 years with the Scoundrel (Founder-Beta tester, subbed all that time). The Scoundrel is weaker than it's companions, never gets the kill, it's big attacks are average for other classes. It has no range attacks and lackluster melee attacks. It's stealth is only momentary and grants no defense. The Upper Hand attacks are jokes for such an elaborate set-up.

I am not talking about PvP, just basic leveling mission Bosses. Bowdaar even has purple items with blue stuff and I can't keep him alive even when only healing him. I did this same mission with a Gunslinger a while back and had no trouble.

The new power set-up had better fix these problems. I think it will be the last chance to make the Scoundrel play normally. Normal as in having the same challenge level as the other Classes.

no offense at all but the problem is you not the class

I found it a bit hard to adjust to compared to other classes initially so can sympathize but once you get into the zone on how to play the scoundrel/operative its a certifiable buzz saw in either dps spec. In operations lethality spec spews out sick dps numbers and for daily missions concealment devastates.

Whats your level and current spec, talk to us with details and we can offer advice

No it is a balance critique, not a request for help. So, thank you, but I have been playing SWtoR since the Beta so I know what to do. In fact my Scoundrel was created within the first three months of SWtoR going Live. I always thought BW would make it fun to play though if I waited long enough.

Scoundrel really doesn't seem like a stealth/ dirty tricks /back-shooting Class at all. You perform the trick, get upper hand, then do little damage for enabling it. My companions get every kill on the Bosses and their not burst damage by any measure.

sleep dart and droid slice. use them on the strong opponent every encounter. dont use bowdaar (breaker of stuns). below 20 use sabo charge and charged burst a lot, above 20 still use sabo charge but the rest of your rotation should be good.

Dont try to have your companion dps everything, you should be putting out more damage than your companions, always.

Also tank companions are impossible to gear out.

Edited by Haystak

The Scoundrel in full purple modded gear gets crushed and can't even keep their companion healed, and it's just a boss fight in a Class leveling mission! Nothing hard, the mission is even coded green in the mission log.

The Scoundrel is weaker than it's companions, never gets the kill, it's big attacks are average for other classes. It has no range attacks and lackluster melee attacks. It's stealth is only momentary and grants no defense. The Upper Hand attacks are jokes for such an elaborate set-up.

If you're using upperhand for attacks as a healer, that is why you're having a problem. If you're healing your tank companion more than attacking as a damage spec, that is why you're having a problem.

The scoundrel damage specs are melee specs, you're meant to get into melee and stay there. Don't play it from 30m out.

Edited by Ridickilis

Scoundrel is fine, the missions are fine. Tank companions (other than self healing Treek) are generally terrible. Their defenses are only a little bit better than a DPS companion, they don't use their limited cool downs well, and they generally die rapidly unless you're a full heal spec dedicated to keeping them alive.

Go DPS spec, get Guss or Treek, and murder everything. They will "tank" for you by peeling everything you aren't attacking with heal aggro. That lets you get a free back attack every time you move to a new mob. Add some CC to make packs more manageable and you can easily handle anything while leveling, including heroics.

No it is a balance critique, not a request for help. So, thank you, but I have been playing SWtoR since the Beta so I know what to do. In fact my Scoundrel was created within the first three months of SWtoR going Live. I always thought BW would make it fun to play though if I waited long enough.

If you are having trouble when you're in purple gear and you're over leveled for the quests I would suggest that you do in fact need some help. Nothing wrong with that, or with not enjoying the play style of a particular class. The class is fine though.

Scoundrel is fine, the missions are fine. Tank companions (other than self healing Treek) are generally terrible. Their defenses are only a little bit better than a DPS companion, they don't use their limited cool downs well, and they generally die rapidly unless you're a full heal spec dedicated to keeping them alive.

Go DPS spec, get Guss or Treek, and murder everything. They will "tank" for you by peeling everything you aren't attacking with heal aggro. That lets you get a free back attack every time you move to a new mob. Add some CC to make packs more manageable and you can easily handle anything while leveling, including heroics.

If you are having trouble when you're in purple gear and you're over leveled for the quests I would suggest that you do in fact need some help. Nothing wrong with that, or with not enjoying the play style of a particular class. The class is fine though.

I'm sorry, but the whole Tank Companions are **** thing is completely false. Kalyo is a friggin ****** and takes everything and more for me without dieing, and Corso is even better! Just equip Corso Riggs with a Rifle for more damage which = more threat and get him geared out a bit, play Scrapper DPS, and murder everything in your path. Your rotation at 45+ should look a little like this

Stealth > Flechette Round > Shoot First > Flechette Round > Blaster Whip > Backblast > Vital Shot > Flechette Round > Sucker Punch x2 > Blaster Whip > Sucker Punch

Something like that is good for killing Golds and Silvers.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#7010cZGbzrdrkrGGRZG.3 is my overall build, it's a bit more sturdy than other Scrapper DPS builds, and only sacrifices maybe 10 DPS.

Scoundrel really doesn't seem like a stealth/ dirty tricks /back-shooting Class at all. You perform the trick, get upper hand, then do little damage for enabling it. My companions get every kill on the Bosses and their not burst damage by any measure.

You dont know how to play the class and are unwilling to learn so your journey will be unpleasant, you cant offer a class critique when you dont know what you are doing. The operative/scoundrel is probably the most powerful class in game

Yes, it was Bowdaar aggroing all three Bosses to me. It made me re-skill though into Sucker Punch. Not sure I like that because you don't use your blaster too much. May try the third tree after awhile.

If you haven't already, toggle off Bowdaar's wookie toss ability. It's the one where he launches enemies a few meters back, generally right into another mob. That could have been part of the problem the first time around, I forgot to mention that before.

If you haven't already, toggle off Bowdaar's wookie toss ability. It's the one where he launches enemies a few meters back, generally right into another mob. That could have been part of the problem the first time around, I forgot to mention that before.

You use bowdaar ,breaker of stuns, aggroer of adds, and king of the underworld fighting champions.

You cannot stop bowdaar from being bowdaar

Bowdaar is the Hodor of SWTOR. He just does his own thing, screamin nonsense, and generally pissing off everything within range of his screaming.

DOA ? Dead On Arrival (Urban Dictionary :p) ?

Dunno... Didn't have any trouble. I've leveled two scoundrels as scrapper, first with Treek in tanking stance and then Risha with the AoE "stance" once I got her. She seems to open with her corrosive granade so she tanks mobs right at the start, that allows me to kill them one by one easily with little damage taken. Companions heal to full instantly by mounting/rocket boosting so little downtime between pulls.