"Furious Weapon Set" Do you mean all weapons?

ScarlettDiablo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Eric, is the same thing being done with the armor?... Or are we getting only the classes armor we earned 1650 on?

Yo frogdogs I heard y'all like lockboxes, so we put armor lockboxes in the armor lockbox so you unlock any of the Furious armor appearances you want!

I mean yes, the same thing is being done with armor. /cough

• Dev Post
What about the other offhands?

Have you thought about the other offhands? Here the sents / maras and slingers / Mercs win out by getting offhands. What about slipping in shotgun, knife, generator, shield and focus as legacy weapons for the other classes?

The rest of the adv classes will still have to do a lot off gree events to get their offhands.

Just a suggestion

The weapon lockbox has appearance shells, no stats on them at all so really their only value is how they look which factors in why they aren't a reward. In addition, because the off-hands you mention don't have visual appearances that can be changed (vibroknives and scatterguns are VFXs attached to the ability, and there visual representation does not come from the item on the character) making them reward shells as well seems like a superfluous reward. But if we get enough clamor for them we can look into making them in Seasons down the road.

The weapon lockbox has appearance shells, no stats on them at all so really their only value is how they look which factors in why they aren't a reward. In addition, because the off-hands you mention don't have visual appearances that can be changed (vibroknives and scatterguns are VFXs attached to the ability, and there visual representation does not come from the item on the character) making them reward shells as well seems like a superfluous reward. But if we get enough clamor for them we can look into making them in Seasons down the road.

I have two points about this statement.

1) I understand that offhands such as the vibroknife and scatterguns aren't actually models we can visually see outside of certain ability animations, but it still seems unfair that these classes don't get these weapons as well. My primary concern is the fact that I play an operative, and the offhand barrel is SPECIFICALLY tied to a Vibroknife. This prevents me from using any other form of weapon other than a vibroknife to transfer the barrel in this weapon.

2) I'm unsure of the technical difficulty this would impose, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that having a Furious Vibroknife and using Shiv and the Vibroknife in the Shiv animation is flaming and on fire would look pretty awesome. Bioware pls.

Do you honestly believe that bind on legacy offhands, that can only be aquired from the gree event, is "superflous"? Seriously? Are you honestly that detached that you dont consider a bol offhand kind of a big deal?

Yo frogdogs I heard y'all like lockboxes, so we put armor lockboxes in the armor lockbox so you unlock any of the Furious armor appearances you want!

I mean yes, the same thing is being done with armor. /cough

Muahahahahaha I love it!!!!

Thank you so much for responding and clearing up the confusion!

:D:D:D

Something I'd like to know is if weapons with similar/the same effects be available through other means.

I did my ranked matches in the YOLO queue and well, let's just say it did not go well. As it stands it seems like I have 0 chance of getting these weapons. However, I would like a chance to get similar shells for the weapons at some point. Even if they're not legacy. Don't let them be legacy, let that be part of their specialness for the s2 rewards. But for something like this to be limited to the whims of solo queuing or the deadness that is ranked team is really frustrating.

TL;DR I'd really like a chance at a lightsaber on fire, but my rating is the pits.

• Dev Post
Something I'd like to know is if weapons with similar/the same effects be available through other means.

I did my ranked matches in the YOLO queue and well, let's just say it did not go well. As it stands it seems like I have 0 chance of getting these weapons. However, I would like a chance to get similar shells for the weapons at some point. Even if they're not legacy. Don't let them be legacy, let that be part of their specialness for the s2 rewards. But for something like this to be limited to the whims of solo queuing or the deadness that is ranked team is really frustrating.

TL;DR I'd really like a chance at a lightsaber on fire, but my rating is the pits.

Sorry to hear that NSF. At this time there are no plans to reuse the 'furious' effects on any other model. We got the feedback loud and clear that players wanted unique rewards for PvP so that is what we set out to create and deliver. I know the hour is late but there might still be time! Maybe find a group of like minded players and go all out in the group queue or practice for Season 4. Whatever you decide I wish you best of luck!

I get where you're coming from but that really defeats the point of the rewards. The idea is that they are unique and that people can SEE that they are unique. And this isn't coming from someone who is getting the rewards btw. I'd love to get my hands on the special gear for example but I'm not good enough. Therefore I don't get the reward. Similar effects would be ok but anything that looks the same, no. I really hope BW don't give in on this one. Rewards should be unique.

Edit: Oops. Looks like a dev got there before me.

Edited by SeanFM

Sorry to hear that NSF. At this time there are no plans to reuse the 'furious' effects on any other model. We got the feedback loud and clear that players wanted unique rewards for PvP so that is what we set out to create and deliver. I know the hour is late but there might still be time! Maybe find a group of like minded players and go all out in the group queue or practice for Season 4. Whatever you decide I wish you best of luck!

Can you elaborate on your tier decisions? I think a lot of people want to know why it's so high.

Also why there was no fourth tier between 1 and 2. In my opinion, and it is just that, it would have been better to tier the rewards in a scaling fashion. You give everyone all the armours at 1650, so why no 1500 tier with just the armor for the class you earned it on? A lot more happy people, still an advantage to tier one in terms of armor and there's the walker too.

I doubt you're going to change it, just food for thought.

Alex, the pvp rewards are excellent, so excellent in fact that myself and a bunch of mates have been doing some friendly solo ranked with each other to try get some rating. We really commend you guys on the prizes this season.

The issue we encountered however whilst trying to bash each other up, was people queueing WITHOUT pvp gear. We're not elitist or hardcore pvpers, we just do it for the fun, but over the course of a couple hours it was really disappointing when one of us wouldn't get a pop just to find that some random with absolutely NO pvp gear would be in the arena with us. Two examples were one sentinel who did zero damage (and I mean literally ZERO damage) in every arena as he would just be melted like butter at the start of each round, but who thought rocking up to ranked in level 50 blue pve gear would be fine. I was polite, and whispered the guy telling him about needing pvp gear etc and he whispered me back saying that he was new to the game and didn't really know what ranked pvp was and was just joining the queue to check it out. Great that a new player is playing all aspects of the game, but ranked isn't something that should be "casually" looked at by a new player in my opinion. To this guys credit, he stopped queuing after I explained what ranked was, but in all honesty a brand new lvl55 with no pvp gear shouldn't even be able to queue for ranked.

The other was a commando healer in sub-arkanian pve gear who couldn't pull off more than 20k heals per round but wouldn't stop queueing because, and I quote, "I just want my ten matches so I can have the rewards, so kiss my ***". You can imagine how frustrating having a person like this in queue and on your team is.

As a group of people who put effort into ensuring we all have full 2018 expertise pvp gear and min/max it as much as possible, it is really disheartening to organise some friendly "serious" ranked matches just to have matches ruined by literal dead weight. As I mentioned, we're not even hardcore or serious pvpers, but people like this still ruined our day. I can only imagine the frustration the more serious pvpers feel when this kind of thing happens repeatedly.

Please, it has been said before but I feel the need to repeat it, I urge you to consider removing bolster from ranked pvp and implement some sort of system where you are unable to even enter ranked without FULL 2018 expertise.

kinda hate you guys, queueing solo gives the crappest teams, I actually stopped playing for a few months because no one seemed to be any good (not to say im the best or anything) but I really want those Burning sabers for my Burning sentinel. Now I see why people queue sync alot.

I hate to say this but 1650 for the armor set is fair. I'm not getting any of those but it's so cool to have it very limited

to players to make it a very rare item.

That's the whole point we wanted for the pvp rewards: make them unique, no matter what.

And friends already hate me coz I will get the weapons, which was fairly very easy to achieve.

EVERYONE wants unique rewards. But you're handing out exceptionally unique items to PvPers every few months now, whereas those people who stick to PvE get a CHANCE at two mounts, a weapon, and a pet to even drop in all of HM/NiM DP and IF it drops they have to roll for it. Nothing new for over a year.

Want a walker mount? You can spend a few hundred dollars on packs until one drops! Or you can blow 20m in credits for one off the GTN! Or you can spend a smal fortune in mats to buy one that's usuable for a couple days if you conquer a planet! PvPers are getting two now, just for playing and not being a bad.

I don't see "participation" rewards like the current season's color crystals for any other content in the game. You're excluding the majority of the playerbase from the majority of unique items (not counting the few Cartel items that are actually unique because you gotta cough up the cash for those).

Are you hearing this feedback "loud and clear"?

Edited by Telanis

EVERYONE wants unique rewards. But you're handing out exceptionally unique items to PvPers every few months now, whereas those people who stick to PvE get a CHANCE at two mounts, a weapon, and a pet to even drop in all of HM/NiM DP and IF it drops they have to roll for it. Nothing new for over a year.

Want a walker mount? You can spend a few hundred dollars on packs until one drops! Or you can blow 20m in credits for one off the GTN! Or you can spend a smal fortune in mats to buy one that's usuable for a couple days if you conquer a planet! PvPers are getting two now, just for playing and not being a bad.

I don't see "participation" rewards like the current season's color crystals for any other content in the game. You're excluding the majority of the playerbase from the majority of unique items (not counting the few Cartel items that are actually unique because you gotta cough up the cash for those).

Are you hearing this feedback "loud and clear"?

you need at least 1650 rating, its not like EVERY player will get it.

There are TONS of participation rewards for pve, in fact pve get tons of more stuff. Youll get housing stuff, DOZENS of cool mounts etc. Stop crying a river. except season 1 rancor this season 3 rewards are the first rewards worth anything, and only a few people will get it.

Btw. the definition of unique items is that only a few will get it.

Really want those weapons, but solo queuing on Harbinger...Yeah, that's not happening. At least I'll have the crystals...

I do hope they reuse those effects for something in the future, though. Different looking weapons, same flame effect...as long as they make sure it's incredibly hard to obtain (and I don't mean 10,000 Cartel Coins :p)

EDIT: And as someone noted above...a lot of people on Live have no idea these rewards even exist. Maybe in the future you can advertise them in-game? have Baron Deathmark send everyone a mail with a list of prizes to get them interested.

Edited by DarthVitrial

They are in no way a superflous reward, they are precisely what we need, so we can use the offhands on more than one char. And since the gree event for some reason is the rarest of them all, this was what we were hoping to get from the rewards.

Actually the weapons are kinda useless other than new looks, because we can already get plenty of legacy weapons.

And since the offhands, as you mention, doesnt have any gfx attached to them, them it should be very easy to include them in the boxes to make it fair for all classes.

All I can say is thank you. Love the pistols can't wait to get them. The armor is ehhhhh not a big sith fan here but I know someone out there like them so its cool. But I have to ask... Was it really wise to release such cool items during the x12 exp event??? I mean it felt kinda wierd to see events pop up during it also... Just asking

I only played a total of 2 solo matches this season total among 16 55's. I hope that helps in statistics showing that solo que is a horrible experience no matter what legacy rewards you provide (and I see they are legacy so people can play FOTM classes to cheese it up with rewards across all their characters for doing so).

And as someone noted above...a lot of people on Live have no idea these rewards even exist. Maybe in the future you can advertise them in-game? have Baron Deathmark send everyone a mail with a list of prizes to get them interested.

I totally agree. As far as I'm aware there's no mention of what the rewards are anywhere apart from on the forums and BW themselves have stated that it's a very small percentage of the game's population that go on the forums.

The rewards this season are really good. If we had been told about them a little earlier and they were advertised properly there could have been a much larger participation in ranked PvP this season. I wasn't going to bother with solo queue at all on my Sent as I didn't think it was worth the frustration, but after seeing the rewards I decided it was worth a shot. And I'm really glad I did.

If I had known how good the rewards were going to be I would have queued a lot earlier in the season and taken a shot at getting to tier 1. As it is I stopped after getting to tier 2 as, with only a week left, I don't think I'll be able to get to tier 1. I simply don't have enough time and I'm not good enough.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have no idea what the rewards are or what rating you need to be to get certain rewards. I think there needs to be a much bigger push from BW on communicating these things to as many players as possible.

This is a fairly easy thing to do and could have big benefits. I'm sure sending an email or in game mail isn't too technically challenging for BW :rak_01:

Lol, majority of the players don't even know about the pvp rewards. I promote solo ranked queing on the chat and all I get is "how do I get those crystals" "what color are they" let alone know about the pvp weapon set, or armor set.

Well, that's my perception, maybe I am wrong.

I do believe its common sense that every season gives out items. I mean WoW does it... Now if you talking about the people that didnt que because they felt that the rewards were gonna suck like last season well thats thier felt for not queing. Also you don't need the game to give you little mails (btw its a pretty good idea) /cjoin ranked works wonders as well as asking about ranked in gen chat. I mean even google works... The Internet has all the information you need but if you want people to hand it too you without doing the easy thing and searching for it thats just being completely lazy.

I do believe its common sense that every season gives out items. I mean WoW does it... Now if you talking about the people that didnt que because they felt that the rewards were gonna suck like last season well thats thier felt for not queing. Also you don't need the game to give you little mails (btw its a pretty good idea) /cjoin ranked works wonders as well as asking about ranked in gen chat. I mean even google works... The Internet has all the information you need but if you want people to hand it too you without doing the easy thing and searching for it thats just being completely lazy.

True. Maybe pvers are the ones complaining? Idk.

What I know is I am tempted to lvl up another guardian/juggy to get another weapon set, lol.