The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Your Class Quest in Shadow of Revan

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on some important information for you in preparation for Shadow of Revan. As many of you know, in SoR there is a Mission you receive which is a unique Classs mission, meaning there is one for each Class. What I wanted to let you know is that in order to go on this Mission, you must have completed Act 3 on that character. That unique Mission is a continuation from Act 3, so you must have progressed your story to that point.

Note that this Class Mission is separate from the "critical path" of Shadow of Revan, so if you don't want to do this Class Mission, you can still progress through the expansion storyline. Although, it is of course highly recommended that you play through that Class Mission as well :rak_03:

TLDR - To play the new Class Mission in SoR, you must have cleared Act 3.

-eric

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! That's different than expected. I know a lot of people were speculating that the Class Mission was going to be something like "Talk to X," who them makes a small reference to our earlier chapter adventures, and then launches us into SoR. But great! It won't be quite like that!

I wonder how we start this mission and I am hoping it's not via our ship's holoterminal. Well from the mess that was/is the start of the makeb storyline. Having said that , if it is that way , have you made sure that we can chose between the makeb storyline and this new single class quest ? I hope so or the forum will meet it's enrage timer for sure.

Just a heads up.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

TLDR - To play the new Class Mission in SoR, you must have cleared Act 3.

This makes sense.

Do we also need to have completed the Ilum storyline? I ask only because that planet storyline is unique in that you cannot skip or abandon it, and you get railroaded into it after the final class mission. So it's sort of a mandatory "epilogue" to Chapter 3, even though it's a typical common planet storyline, and not class-specific.

Edited by Heezdedjim

I presume it takes into account choices we made already?

I ask because when my BH hit level 47, I got the Makeb quest from the holoterminal, which made specific references to an event I hadn't dealt with yet - and then, when I got to that point, I made a different choice from what the cutscene had said, so it wasn't even accurate.

• Dev Post
Clarification: Is Act 3 your last Class Story in the vanilla game? I haven't done Ilum or finished Makeb.

Correct, just Act 3, you do not need Ilum or Makeb finished. Basically when you hit the point that you receive the Achievement for completing Act 3, that's as far as you need to be.

-eric

So where will we get that quest? fleet or our ship holoterminal? say i never did makeb and my ship holoterminal has a quest marker, if now new class mission is also assigned to be taken from ship holoterminal, what will happen?

I don't think he knows the answer as I asked the same question a few mins ago :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I am fairly sure you won't be able to miss the Class Story mission, once you get it. It will probably pop onto your quest log, whenever you cross a certain threshold or upon watching a cutscene.

Or at least, that's what I'm expecting. :p

It was like that for Vanilla.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

i would say no. since new content will be 55-60 having completed a chapter 3 at level 47 would make it neigh impossible.

Yeah, I think the same. But in this case there are three possibilities

1) the story is level-gated (you have to be ~55 to start the quest chain)

2) unaware new players will get this new quest, and jump straight to their death :D

3) the planets are bolstered (like Makeb)

:rak_02:

Edited by FeniceNera

Eric-

With 3.0, will we be able to abandon our class story for both Makeb and Ilum? With just 25 items in our mission logs, many toons have these unnecessary quests in our logs at this point.

Please add the option to abandon Ilum and Makeb. I ran the planets 8 times, on each class, already and really dont want to do it another 12 times, especially on toons that are already 55.

Please add the option to abandon Ilum and Makeb. I ran the planets 8 times, on each class, already and really dont want to do it another 12 times, especially on toons that are already 55.

Ilum takes like 30 or 40 minutes to wrap up.

Makeb, on the other hand, can be ignored altogether last I checked.

Ilum takes like 30 or 40 minutes to wrap up.

Makeb, on the other hand, can be ignored altogether last I checked.

You are right, but that is 8 hours of my time I would rather spend gathering mats for 3.0, or running GSF or pvp. Makeb on the other hand can be picked up at 47, and the first reward is a green weapon that kicks *** for a 47, so it can't just be ignored if you know what your doing

How far in the SoR storyline? I will want to do the class quest on every character, but I can't imagine wanting to do the SoR storyline more than two or three times per faction. It's going to be very disappointing if the class quest is locked behind hours of faction story.