Collector's Edition In-Game Store

POINGjam

In the early access article, it says that players who buy the authenticator will have access to "a special in-game vendor who will offer you exclusive gear and items." Is this the same as the collector's edition in-game store? Does this mean that you can get the same items just from buying the authenticator that you can get from buying the collector's edition?

That's a good question. By the way it's described it sounds like a different store-- at least on the page advertising the security key the store is called a "in-game security key vendor". The CE page called the store something else.

Of course, this could be referring to the same store, just different titles for it. It's hard to say.

The picture of the store also looks different, but again, who knows? I'd kind of like to know the answer to this as well.

i hope its diff tbh coz thats a bit of a kick in the teech to ppl who bought the CE edition. if it is the same ill cancel my CE and just get the regular and save myself £80

I agree. I also hope that it's a different store. I'm kind of thinking that it is a different store, but I can't say for certain...

EDIT: Hey fun, someone answered the question while I was in the middle of typing this. So all's well.

They're advertising the CE store as "available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition" on the pre-order page. It really is the only reason I pre-ordered the collector's edition, so I hope that's true.

On that note, I don't know what to do with the physical stuff that comes with the collector's edition. Maybe I'll bake it into a casserole.

Edited by POINGjam

They are different. Authenticator purchasers gain access to the auth store. CE purchasers are the ONLY people who will gain access to the CE store, as well as the authenticator store. Further more the CE store will be updated with new items as the game goes on so even a year or 3 from now you will still be able to buy new cool stuff from there as a CE holder.... giving the SWTOR CE version a LOT more 'throughput' than any of the WoW CE's which only give a one-time in game benefit (a non-combat pet.... not that great tbh).

ive also heard that non CE owners can get acess to the CE store but it will cost the 1mil credits to do so.

Last I heard 1 mill creds is for the bracelet to access to VIP area which is where the CE store is. VIP doesn't give you access to CE store. CE should get free bracelet.

To the best of my knowledge they are different.

In the Beta I distinctly recall there being a security vendor (or a name like that, maybe authenticator vendor) and it said that I need to have an authenticator on my account to access that vendor.

Later on (in the fleet station I think), I came across the same security vendor as well as a different vendor that quite plainly told me that I need to have the CE to access it.

I know it's not very concrete data to go on, but that's my experience. I think I saw another post about this earlier in the day and they mentioned that as far as they knew it was 2 different vendors as well.

Hope it helps!

Last I heard 1 mill creds is for the bracelet to access to VIP area which is where the CE store is. VIP doesn't give you access to CE store. CE should get free bracelet.

This is correct, buying the VIP Bracelet only gives you access to the VIP lounge and not the collectors edition store (which is located in the VIP lounge). If you try to access the Collectors Edition vendor without a collectors edition retail code attached to your account, you will be given an error message along the lines of "You need the Collectors Edition to use this vendor".

Bioware have said multiple times that this will be a unique vendor and access will not be given to standard edition players (through credits or other means). I presume this means the authenticator vendor will be different; however I can imagine the items sold would be similar.

Edited by Tavion

They are different. Authenticator purchasers gain access to the auth store. CE purchasers are the ONLY people who will gain access to the CE store, as well as the authenticator store. Further more the CE store will be updated with new items as the game goes on so even a year or 3 from now you will still be able to buy new cool stuff from there as a CE holder.... giving the SWTOR CE version a LOT more 'throughput' than any of the WoW CE's which only give a one-time in game benefit (a non-combat pet.... not that great tbh).

Where did they say they would update the CE store?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.