Commendations and Refund Timers in 3.0

EricMusco

With my operative, first moment after the new gear was implemented (Brutalizer) I became full Brutalizer, yet it's the only toon I could do this with. I don't see the problem, lol. And to this day it's the only toon full Brutalizer anyway.

If u're against it (and BW too) well, again, I won't fight u guys but then it would be neat to give us a NEW alternative before patch 3.0 lands on Earth, to spend said comms. That's it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my operative, first moment after the new gear was implemented (Brutalizer) I became full Brutalizer, yet it's the only toon I could do this with. I don't see the problem, lol. And to this day it's the only toon full Brutalizer anyway.

If u're against it (and BW too) well, again, I won't fight u guys but then it would be neat to give us a NEW alternative before patch 3.0 lands on Earth, to spend said comms. That's it.

I agree, the PvP vendor needs updating...badly. You have a very valid point there.

Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations are remaining exactly as they are now, and any Commendations you have will carry over to 3.0.

Not unexpected, but sad. At least as much as translating current Ranked into regular comms and current regs at a 1:3 rate would've been more practical. This keeps promoting the hoarding of PvP commendations and punishing those that have spent theirs.

They're simply trying to avoid you going over the cap by banking refundable gear. If you want the mount, buy it, if you want your 60 MH the first week, wait.

You're missing the point here, the fact is that prior to this announcement you could stock up and refund after the patch. This meant pvping on the same toon wasn't pointless after maxing gear. Now PvPers who were banking mounts and weapons are screwed. The gear grind is the same regardless if you are doing it pre-xpac or after, why does it matter? Everyone has (well had, now) the same opportunity to save those comms.

Will BW consider raising the comm cap with these recent changes?

Do you people even read the official Dev comments?!

What part of that don't you get exactly? They'll still buy top tier PvP gear in 3.0...if you're worried about waiting the 2 weeks, buy some stims or something...we haven't had an expansion in 18 months...2 weeks won't kill ya.

Just wondering, Did you read where they said

Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update."

I ask because that is what people are complaining about.

Did I say it was a good idea?

It seems your problem is that there's not a good comms sink. The Jawa Scrap is okay, but if you're a 55 PvPer, that's not going to be very useful... Yeah, there needs to be a credit sink.

this! Something that ecourages players to play ranked NOW

Also, please don't call BW dumb. They're the reason the game's still up and running, unless you want to somehow make an MMO.

You`re right, i apologize. But sometimes they overlook so elemental things i wonder i they thought it through or just decided to make it.

What part of that don't you get exactly? They'll still buy top tier PvP gear in 3.0...if you're worried about waiting the 2 weeks, buy some stims or something...we haven't had an expansion in 18 months...2 weeks won't kill ya.

yeah, but why play now when you only get comms which are worth nothing? most people are full equipped and have 4500/2700 so why play? Just for the fun? if that works so, why is there the geargrind in first place? because it doesnt work.

Ranked participation will drop tremendously next two weeks, imagine youre sitting on a 1,2k rating (which is the average btw) and have full comms, why bother playing ranked?

Quick note on all of the PvE Commendations collapsing into Basic. The conversion rate of each Commendation will vary, both above and below 1:1 most likely.

-eric

Does this mean that Ultimate comms could have a conversion of 1:2 or 1:3, meaning for every Ultimate comm I can get 3 basic comms? And then classic comms could be a conversion rate of maybe 3:1?

Considering that it wasn't very good for anything past level 50 HMs, It would be best if we put it down.

You can ignore them altogether if you wish. Other people probably fancy the armor shells and as such, they would like to acquire them in the future.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Just wondering, Did you read where they said

Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update."

I ask because that is what people are complaining about.

Yes. Banking items and cheating the timers is obviously not intended...did you think it was?

You're missing the point here, the fact is that prior to this announcement you could stock up and refund after the patch.

I'm not missing that at all - in fact, I think it's exactly because of that that they're doing this.

The devs refuse to accept the fact that when 8v8 ranked was removed, they hurt the PvP community.

The removal of 8v8 ranked made players leave SWTOR. So what did 4s do? Nothing. Like I said before, once we finally had ranked seasons with great rewards, the ranked pops were going to increase by default.

Then they decided to add solo ranked, which brought in the trolls & under-geared. And because solo ranked has faster pops, players who want to do Team Ranked started Q-ing solo ranked, which over time decreased Team Ranked pops less & less.

The Devs in this game treat the PvP community as they do with outfits for Republic players.

Exactly my opinion....

I warned Eric Musco (you hear me?) last year at GamesCom in cologne (cantina tour) that removing 8v8 will destroy PvP and many PvPers will quit the game.... Now look at the Game....

Eric please.... when you guys start to listen to your community :(? Our guild gave you some suggestions to make PvP more enjoyable.....

i will remind you....

- give us 8v8

- give us Cross Server

- make PvP worth to play (not that big of a deal really..)

- from time to time some maps (not that big of a deal to implement some maps.....)

Edited by Tharianus

I understand the change to basic. As long as the planetary comms aren't completely frelled. A lot of people use them for mods, armoring and such. I hope they take that in account. There are still players that don't have thier crafting going. Edited by well

Yes. Banking items and cheating the timers is obviously not intended...did you think it was?

Actually, whether or not it is intended, it is nonetheless an accepted practice that many player's engage in, and even though I do not do it personally, I do understand why people who have done so might be upset at the fact that they don't have any really good options on how to spend the comms that they have "banked" so far or that they will earn in the next two weeks.

Edited by Exly

[*]*Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update.

Would have been much more alright with this if we had something worthwhile to spend comms on (particularly ranked) after gearing up. Also, this kind of decision should have been made public ages ago.

yeah but what if youre full now? whats the motivation to keep doing dailys?

By sets are you speaking of the sets bought with Unassembled pieces, or the sets that are currently purchasable with coms?

Yeah hope he clarifies, because I meant the comm gear like Verpine and Underworld, not the raid token drops...since this thread is about comms.

Edited by Saregon

Thanks for the update. Just a note, though: it really is important to get the conversion ratios ASAP as it will determine what content people do up until 3.0.

Releasing this information just before 3.0 does not leave players any time to plan.

Considering that it wasn't very good for anything past level 50 HMs, It would be best if we put it down.

Some will use it to do Oricon to get their 156. I craft my own 156 but there are people in one of the guilds I am in that talked about it. It surprise me. Still to each their own.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.