Light sith inside the dark empire

Deshiel

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is about the position of a light sith in the dark side oriented empire.

It is hinted in the game that every other light side sith (aside from the player only) is actualy being hunted down by the sith and they are trying to remain in hiding but they usualy fail to do so.

This does not however apply to the player warrior/inquisitor.

Aside from snarky remarks about you being too nice to people theres no threath or anything.

The player is pretty much allowed to be light without the need of hiding it.

The Inquisitor is already being hunted during their class story for other, more pressing reasons. That's until they kill a Dark Council member in front of the rest of the Dark Council, and pretty easily. No one is going to mess with Darth Imperius, especially since Marr likes Darth Imperius behavior.

The Warrior - heavy Light Side doesn't make any sense here because of Chapter III but the Warrior is at first carrying out missions only answerable to Baras (who has other priorities) and then is the f'ing Emperor's Wrath, who is both believed to be carrying out direct requests from the Emperor and is by definition has to be able to kill any Darth that mouths off.

Random Sith Lord: "I can sense you dabble in the Light Side of the Force."

Warrior: "I can sense you are destined to be in two pieces."

According to Lore.....the LIGHT SIDE is very much part of SITH teachings, and Some SITH are "light sided" sith.....they are HOWEVER still SITH, and stillImperial factioned.........

The sith are not stupid, they know the dark side can not exist With out the light side....and they use this........naturally you do not see these light sith as conquerors etc...as their roles withing their factions are very different......but yes there are Light sided sith, most of them NOT hunted by other sith, but an actual part of the sith

According to Lore.....the LIGHT SIDE is very much part of SITH teachings, and Some SITH are "light sided" sith.....they are HOWEVER still SITH, and stillImperial factioned.........

The sith are not stupid, they know the dark side can not exist With out the light side....and they use this........naturally you do not see these light sith as conquerors etc...as their roles withing their factions are very different......but yes there are Light sided sith, most of them NOT hunted by other sith, but an actual part of the sith

This is woefully misinformed. The Sith as a whole want to purge the light side completely. There's a role in the empire that has a task to find lightsided sith and destroy them. There's a special position specifically regarding this. You can also do a side quest where you learn that there was a lightsided sith who was murdered for embracing the light and had his teachings locked away. In fact, on said quest, you are tasked with sealing it forever and asked to destroy said teachings.

Er... ? Why do you say that ?

. On top of that the Jedi you meet don't sense darkness in you, are baffled, and beg you to come to their order because you don't "Fit in" with the rest of your peers..

Which jedi? Because I remember all the jedi that didn't sense darkness in you either rejecting the idea of you having light within you or getting so pissed about it they attack you.

Which jedi? Because I remember all the jedi that didn't sense darkness in you either rejecting the idea of you having light within you or getting so pissed about it they attack you.

When you "Get a message" from Jaesa and encounter two jedi on board the ship. If you're light side and pick the light side options and claim you don't want to fight. The apprentice rejects this idea and keeps screaming it's a trick while the other Jedi continuously tells him that you're different and will not fight you. That you're not like other Sith. When you go on the mission to face Darth Ekkage the Jedi that fights along side you asks you to join the order. There's other scenarios (haven't played sith warrior story in awhile) but those are what I remember off the top of my head. Not to mention when Jaesa analyzes you with her power she sees you as a beacon of light. you also very jedi like face off against your own inner darkness and defeat it. In fact that's actually how one achieves the force immortality technique to return as a light side force ghost.

Edited by Rhyltran

When you "Get a message" from Jaesa and encounter two jedi on board the ship. If you're light side and pick the light side options and claim you don't want to fight. The apprentice rejects this idea and keeps screaming it's a trick while the other Jedi continuously tells him that you're different and will not fight you. That you're not like other Sith. When you go on the mission to face Darth Ekkage the Jedi that fights along side you asks you to join the order. There's other scenarios (haven't played sith warrior story in awhile) but those are what I remember off the top of my head. Not to mention when Jaesa analyzes you with her power she sees you as a beacon of light. you also very jedi like face off against your own inner darkness and defeat it. In fact that's actually how one achieves the force immortality technique to return as a light side force ghost.

Light sith simply brings out the worst in the jedi. :D

You can also do a side quest where you learn that there was a lightsided sith who was murdered for embracing the light and had his teachings locked away. In fact, on said quest, you are tasked with sealing it forever and asked to destroy said teachings.

By a Sith who is portrayed as an obvious lunatic, or the village idiot. Hardly compelling.

A few centuries ago christian inquisition hunted and burned, what they called, witches. They don't do that anymore. It's the same as the hunt for lightsided sith.

Light sith simply brings out the worst in the jedi. :D

Lol, yeah. Well, someone has to play the bad guy.

Edited by nimmerstil

By a Sith who is portrayed as an obvious lunatic, or the village idiot. Hardly compelling.

A few centuries ago christian inquisition hunted and burned, what they called, witches. They don't do that anymore. It's the same as the hunt for lightsided sith.

Lol, yeah. Well, someone has to play the bad guy.

They don't? Then why does Jaesa talk about a guy who got a job directly from the dark council to hunt light sith? A guy she killed because she found out he was calling anyone he didn't like a light sith as an excuse to get away with killing whoever. Then she got that same position? Seems like they still hunt and kill Light Sith. Dark Side Jaesa gains the lawful authority to find and kill Light Sith.

Edited by Rhyltran

They don't? Then why does Jaesa talk about a guy who got a job directly from the dark council to hunt light sith? A guy she killed because she found out he was calling anyone he didn't like a light sith as an excuse to get away with killing whoever. Then she got that same position? Seems like they still hunt and kill Light Sith. Dark Side Jaesa gains the lawful authority to find and kill Light Sith.

Yeah there is a lawful position in the empire to murder light side sith a position which is granted by the dark council hunting light side sith is a thing in the empire. According to what happens to Jaesa.

Edited by lokdron

My light side assassin gal is very happy to be good to everyone. Even though she can be a lil hot headed at times she works with both Republic and Empire folks to beat the Zakuul guys.

So LS Sith are not aligned with evil necessarily.

The setup of the KOTFE storyline works well as an opportunity for characters to just be themselves, regardless of where they came from. You're no longer defined by being a Jedi, a Sith, a Trooper, a Bounty Hunter... you're just the Outlander now, and all bets are off. It may not last, and there are drawbacks in terms of losing the individual storylines, but it's nice in that sense.

...really?

Edited by Joachimthbear

I see your point, many of them do have something of a village idiot.

Well, there is that. :p I'm just not sure why you would particularly attach that label to the one guy who said "Hey, maybe building our whole society on fear, hatred and murdering each other for power wasn't that healthy after all".

Well, there is that. :p I'm just not sure why you would particularly attach that label to the one guy who said "Hey, maybe building our whole society on fear, hatred and murdering each other for power wasn't that healthy after all".

I didn't mean him, I meant to attach that label to Lord Alaric, who went quite hysteric about what 'your' guy said.

A real Sith kills anyone :p light or dark means little, just an excuse

It is pointed at over and over in the storylines, being Sith is more about survival than about being in the light or not

A real Sith kills anyone :p light or dark means little, just an excuse

It is pointed at over and over in the storylines, being Sith is more about survival than about being in the light or not

I think you're mistaken. Outright murder of another Sith is frowned upon. Subtle murders made to look like accidents or don't have any ties back to you is considered the way to go. A Sith is supposed to be cunning. That being said, there are two Sith positions that throw this out the window. One being the Emperor's Wrath and the other is the position that enables you to slay heretics (aka Light Side Sith.) Jaesa has the lawful authority to kill another Sith in front of hundreds of witnesses if she has proof that said sith is following and practicing the light side. That is because the Sith believe the dark side is the dominant side of the force and that the light side should be purged.

It is why Sidious was attempting to spread the darkside throughout the galaxy and eradicate the light entirely. A Sith likely won't kill you for just being a Sith. Most Sith kill other Sith for political gain, removing a threat, etc. You will be killed as a Sith for simply practicing the light side. Both the Light Side warrior and Light Side inquisitor make it a point of having to hide and keep it a secret. Using words like "Infiltrate" or "Change from Within." You're an inside agent surrounded by enemies. You are a heretic.

I think you're mistaken. Outright murder of another Sith is frowned upon. Subtle murders made to look like accidents or don't have any ties back to you is considered the way to go. A Sith is supposed to be cunning. That being said, there are two Sith positions that throw this out the window. One being the Emperor's Wrath and the other is the position that enables you to slay heretics (aka Light Side Sith.) Jaesa has the lawful authority to kill another Sith in front of hundreds of witnesses if she has proof that said sith is following and practicing the light side. That is because the Sith believe the dark side is the dominant side of the force and that the light side should be purged.

It is why Sidious was attempting to spread the darkside throughout the galaxy and eradicate the light entirely. A Sith likely won't kill you for just being a Sith. Most Sith kill other Sith for political gain, removing a threat, etc. You will be killed as a Sith for simply practicing the light side. Both the Light Side warrior and Light Side inquisitor make it a point of having to hide and keep it a secret. Using words like "Infiltrate" or "Change from Within." You're an inside agent surrounded by enemies. You are a heretic.

These are rules mainly to go around the Rule of two. From my point of view, both light side and dark side Jaessa is insane, so I may listen, advise her prudence, and such, neither adhere to what she says. And both have Nomen Karr as proof the jedis are crazy :p

There are no option in the game to really expose the light side, it would probably be irrelevant. One of the Sith thing is to do whatever you please (heresy exactly means that, thinking by yourself ;) ) No Sith in the game, that I know of, has been killed for not being dark enough, a lot because they are too weak. You have this sidequest on Hutta where the father tries to flee with his force sensitive son, because he is too weak in the force. You also have Raina Temple, the agent's companion who used the force on Hoth and explained the situation to the agent.

On Rakata Prime, how come Lana Beniko, a Sith, offers a light-side choice?

That's because the "lightside choice" is so the Empire can use the Rakatan technology to create and infinite army of cyborg slaves. In any sense outside of gameplay I wouldn't call that a "light" choice.

Jaesa's job is to seek out and destroy lightside Sith on behalf of and with the full backing of the Dark Council. That was specifically the purpose of her position in the Empire, and it was the case even before she assumed the role. Her predecessor was also intended specifically carry out the same task.

She describes several Sith that are killed because they were not dark enough.

Edited by OldVengeance

These are rules mainly to go around the Rule of two. From my point of view, both light side and dark side Jaessa is insane, so I may listen, advise her prudence, and such, neither adhere to what she says. And both have Nomen Karr as proof the jedis are crazy :p

There are no option in the game to really expose the light side, it would probably be irrelevant. One of the Sith thing is to do whatever you please (heresy exactly means that, thinking by yourself ;) ) No Sith in the game, that I know of, has been killed for not being dark enough, a lot because they are too weak. You have this sidequest on Hutta where the father tries to flee with his force sensitive son, because he is too weak in the force. You also have Raina Temple, the agent's companion who used the force on Hoth and explained the situation to the agent.

On Rakata Prime, how come Lana Beniko, a Sith, offers a light-side choice?

To the bold? No there isn't because it's just not part of your story. It's irrelevant. Especially since you might be lightside. To the italics? Wrong. The sith has a clear code. There is a definition behind what is and isn't a sith. The sith is a dark side philosophy. This is the first part (You can follow the code and not be sith by the way.) but yes. First off? It's a dark side philosophy. The sith in the academy even tell you in your training to use the dark side. If you are not a dark sider you aren't a true sith. If you don't believe in the line "Peace is a lie." you are not a sith. If you don't believe there is only "passion." you are not a sith.

Seriously. Do Jaesa's dialog and listen to what she's saying. She kills Sith for not being light enough and is backed up by the council for doing so. It's her TASK AND POSITION for doing so. It seems you don't know very much what it means to be sith. :/

I'd recommend the darth bane novels, the deceived novel, and the book of the sith.

Edited by Rhyltran

I can concede many Siths will see light as weak, enough that you'd have many zealots (like DS Jaessa :p ) running after you . But it is still power Siths are after, not darkness

“Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

Through Passion, I gain strength.

Through Strength, I gain Power.

Through Power, I gain Victory.

Through Victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall set me free.”

-The Sith Code

And in Kotfe (introduced in Ziost), if you want your chains broken, you have to take light side points,...