Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Shadow + Assassin

TaitWatson

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting changes, i want to see what the stream brings as well , but i am confused about the nerf that Exploitive Strikes got. It gives 4% less melee crit chance now. Could you guys please enlighten me on this one ? I would understand the change if the entire skill would be modified , so that the skill gives 5% crit change to both force and melee attacks , just like the operatives get with Calculated Frenzy , but this like this... its just really puzzling. :rak_02:

Are the dots that spread through deathfield also uncleanseable..??

Why does deception still feel lacking from this compared to madness to me it looks like madness will have both insane aoe(compared to almost none) and stil have more overall damage. Burst might not be as insane as deception but i can easy pull agro 5-6 GCD into the pull so burst on madness is not the same but still very high.

Edited by Griad

So the four Deception/Infiltration active abilities are:

1. Voltaic Slash/Clairvoyant Strike
  2. Low Slash
  3. Ball Lightning/Psychokinetic Blast
  4. ???

Where's the fourth ability? Surging Charge/Shadow Technique is not an active ability, it's a passive stance, so it can't be that, right? RIGHT? That wouldn't be cool, especially since Powertechs/Vanguards get all of their stances baseline.

2. Low Slash
  4. ???

Where's the fourth ability? Surging Charge/Shadow Technique is not an active ability, it's a passive stance, so it can't be that, right? RIGHT? That wouldn't be cool, especially since Powertechs/Vanguards get all of their stances baseline.

It is the stance... To my displeasure.

2. Low Slash
  4. ???

What's your point?

2. Low Slash
  4. ???

That does seem inequitable, I wonder what will happen with Guards/juggs?

Not happy about these changes, I play deception and infiltration.

Further nerf to crit chance, no new abilities, and a buff to Lacerate to be used in rotation?! I can't test these yet, but you kidding me?

Why break up a rotation we've been playing for 2 years to introduce more Lacerate in it? In fact, why not make Lacerate just... better? Give it larger range like other AoEs and it actually might get used. Give it a slow, or a debuff. Simply expecting us to start including a sub-par ability into a new rotation is a good way to get me to take a break from one of my mains. It doesn't matter it will cost less force, or maybe it will get more damage or crit multplier -- it's still a crap ability, only used when stopping Voidstar door caps, or inside a Novare bunker.

Are you saying you're making Lacerate so awesome now, it will actually be used in ranked? If the answer is no, then just remove it and give us something meaningful.