NEW FILM NAMED Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

EvenHardNiner

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you actually compare the MMO industry to the FPS industry there's a very clear winner in popularity and profits.

Popularity? Sure. MMO cater to hardcore players only. Even the most casual of players in the most casual of MMORPG are a lot more hardcore than the average video game player. A casual MMO player will spend 10-15 hours a week in the game - the average video game player will spend 10-15 hours on an entire game.

But the profit margin on World of Warcraft is only beaten by stuff like the original Mad Max film. It was the immense profit margin, a $50 million game bringing in billions every year, that spurred the MMO gold rush.

FPS are more popular - but you sell the game to a few suckers for $60, the rest buy it for $20 on Steam, a bunch outright pirate it, and that's all you get before you make the next game.

In MMO, you sell the game, then you sell the sub for $15 a month (it only costs 50 cents per month per subscriber to run WoW), if it's f2p, you can keep selling stuff in the store, no one can pirate it (except for WoW... which only helped sell the real deal as people get fed up with pirate server queues and bugs) and for a couple years you have pure profit with no real expenses. And the content you add to keep it fresh more than pays for itself when you sell the xpac; even content not in the xpac, as the pack is needed to use the next cycle of free content.

But they don't compete. You can keep selling MMO to the hardcore crowd and FPS to the general population.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

I'm thinking that the titles has to do with the new jedi order (not meaning the books series), but with Luke and perhaps Leia (not sure how they are going to do her force sensitivity or if she will have it since technically this is all new now) and the awakening of the light side of the force again. Since between vader and the emperor killed off the jedi order and force users (not including any of the books in this statement, just going off of episode 4,5,6).

And IMO the title fits coming after the Return of the Jedi the force or light side has awaken and is making a come back.

Edited by rynlath

Yea it's wildly more successful on console than PC. Is Battlefront going to be PC only? That'd really shrink their exposure and revenue potential.

That's not what I meant, sorry I wasn't clear...I meant, if you compare PC platform revenue only, which is better long term (2 years I had said)? An MMO or FPS?

I'm thinking that the titles has to do with the new jedi order (not meaning the books series), but with Luke and perhaps Leia (not sure how they are going to do her force sensitivity or if she will have it since technically this is all new now) and the awakening of the light side of the force again. Since between vader and the emperor killed off the jedi order and force users (not including any of the books in this statement, just going off of episode 4,5,6).

And IMO the title fits coming after the Return of the Jedi the force or light side has awaken and is making a come back.

Don't call it a comeback

The force has been here for years

Rockin its peers and puttin suckas in fear

Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon

Listen to the bass go BOOM

Explosion, overpowerin

Over the competition, It's towerin

Wreckin shop, when it drops these lyrics that'll make you call the cops

Don't you dare stare, you betta move

Don't ever compare

The Force to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced

Competition's payin the price

Awakens is such a weird word...the title just doesn't roll off the tongue very easily. Granted, anything is better than Attack of the Clones :p

The better title would have honestly been The Force Unleashed, or something similar, but that pesky EU got there first ;)

Assuming the Empire is defeated in this movie I would've preferred to see something like: Star Wars Episode VII: The New Republic or The Force Reborn

Awakens is such a weird word...the title just doesn't roll off the tongue very easily. Granted, anything is better than Attack of the Clones :p

The better title would have honestly been The Force Unleashed, or something similar, but that pesky EU got there first ;)

Assuming the Empire is defeated in this movie I would've preferred to see something like: Star Wars Episode VII: The New Republic or The Force Reborn

It's a great word I think...we don't know what happened since the death of the Emperor, perhaps the movie will answer what was asleep.

edit: However...I really like your "The New Republic" title :)

Edited by TUXs

It's a great word I think...we don't know what happened since the death of the Emperor, perhaps the movie will answer what was asleep.

Jack. Owens brother, the creepy uncle no one talks about awakens on Nar Shaadda, that's who was asleep. It's all about a day in the life of Jack Skywalker, Junk Dealer to the Hutts. He finds out he has the force and hilarity ensues. Think Zapped! with Scott Baio meets Star Wars.

Don't call it a comeback

The force has been here for years

Rockin its peers and puttin suckas in fear

Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon

Listen to the bass go BOOM

Explosion, overpowerin

Over the competition, It's towerin

Wreckin shop, when it drops these lyrics that'll make you call the cops

Don't you dare stare, you betta move

Don't ever compare

The Force to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced

Competition's payin the price

Cool! er...LL ;)

Jack. Owens brother, the creepy uncle no one talks about awakens on Nar Shaadda, that's who was asleep. It's all about a day in the life of Jack Skywalker, Junk Dealer to the Hutts. He finds out he has the force and hilarity ensues. Think Zapped! with Scott Baio meets Star Wars.

Uh...HELLO!!!! Mind using a *SPOILER* tag next time?! Geezus ikinai...now I don't even need to see it...I suppose next you'll tell me some goofy gang of kids finds Luke's lightsaber lol

Uh...HELLO!!!! Mind using a *SPOILER* tag next time?! Geezus ikinai...now I don't even need to see it...I suppose next you'll tell me some goofy gang of kids finds Luke's lightsaber lol

So you've seen the script for episode VIII already, I see. It's about jedi camp for youngsters on Ilum, run by a wacky camp director. They find out there is a sith camp on the other side of the valley and they challenge them to a camp vs. camp competition, kinda like Meatballs with Bill Murray, only with the force.

How many of you nerds are going to be wearing robes and plastic to your first local playing? A bunch of Jedi neckbeards attended the last music of John Williams symphony I went to. They had cool lightsabers and looked way better than the snorlaks from House Slytherin in the next row.

LOL I'll be there in my Sith robes, yellow contacts, and my new inquisitor lightsaber. And since I'm 6'4" 225lbs....I dare anybody to call ME a nerd to my face while I'm in line. Lol

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

LOL I'll be there in my Sith robes, yellow contacts, and my new inquisitor lightsaber. And since I'm 6'4" 225lbs....I dare anybody to call ME a nerd to my face while I'm in line. Lol

I would but not as an insult. I don't fit the "Nerd" stereotype either but I wear the badge with pride. <3

I'm not liking the script.

The rumored script seems to be about Luke turning to the dark side but wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose of anakin skywalker as the chosen one? I think Luke should stay good without any conflicts and it should be a new character who has conflicts that isnt connected to the chosen one at all. Unless of course, they plan to have luke go evil and have a child so that child will carry the chosen one legacy again which makes sense but seems redundant, same thing as previous stories.

I'm not liking the script.

The rumored script seems to be about Luke turning to the dark side but wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose of anakin skywalker as the chosen one? I think Luke should stay good without any conflicts and it should be a new character who has conflicts that isnt connected to the chosen one at all. Unless of course, they plan to have luke go evil and have a child so that child will carry the chosen one legacy again which makes sense but seems redundant, same thing as previous stories.

No. It's even dumber than that. They're saying that Luke is losing control (not so much going to the dark side but going insane) and to protect the people close to him he exiled himself. They mention he's "Growing stronger than the force." The hell does that even mean?

You are right sir....They'll probably just laugh behind your back

:D

No. It's even dumber than that. They're saying that Luke is losing control (not so much going to the dark side but going insane) and to protect the people close to him he exiled himself. They mention he's "Growing stronger than the force." The hell does that even mean?

I sincerely hope they don't try to pull something like this. He exiled himself for the last umpteen years. Yoda only gave him ONE assignment.... "when gone I am, the last of the Jedi will you be.....pass on what you have learned." Kinda hard to do that if you're hiding under a rock somewhere.

So you've seen the script for episode VIII already, I see. It's about jedi camp for youngsters on Ilum, run by a wacky camp director. They find out there is a sith camp on the other side of the valley and they challenge them to a camp vs. camp competition, kinda like Meatballs with Bill Murray, only with the force.

I would wait in line for endless hours to get tickets to see this movie at midnight on opening night.

Maybe that can be the script for Episode IX. It can be shot at the concession stand where the cashier and his speeder rental buddy chat about life in the Star Wars universe using various amusing anecdotes, while two other guys stand off to the side selling spice and acting odd. All of the main Star Wars cast could come in as customers. Think "Clerks", only with blasters.

I would wait in line for endless hours to get tickets to see this movie at midnight on opening night.

Maybe that can be the script for Episode IX. It can be shot at the concession stand where the cashier and his speeder rental buddy chat about life in the Star Wars universe using various amusing anecdotes, while two other guys stand off to the side selling spice and acting odd. All of the main Star Wars cast could come in as customers. Think "Clerks", only with blasters.

And there we have the perfect Star Wars trilogy :p

I realized the plot of the movie by looking at the two recently announced titles. :D

The Force awakens in the Shadow of Revan during VII.

Seriously, I do actually like the chosen title for VII. :)

I sincerely hope they don't try to pull something like this. He exiled himself for the last umpteen years. Yoda only gave him ONE assignment.... "when gone I am, the last of the Jedi will you be.....pass on what you have learned." Kinda hard to do that if you're hiding under a rock somewhere.

Worked out fine for Obi-Wan and Yoda when they taught Luke in a relatively short amount of time; just sayin' ;)