Bioware, you said you will take the competitive nature of arenas seriously!

Alec_Fortescue

It honestly wouldn't.

Don't you think so? There are plenty of players on our server that I have talked to who would prioritize the solo ranked queue every night if they thought they would not have to deal with these kind of players. I certainly would.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think so? There are plenty of players on our server that I have talked to who would prioritize the solo ranked queue every night if they thought they would not have to deal with these kind of players. I certainly would.

And if they fix the trolls, then those players would find a new excuse for why they are not doing solo ranked.

And if they fix the trolls, then those players would find a new excuse for why they are not doing solo ranked.

Quite possibly, but I continue to queue it despite the trolls and would do a lot more without them. I would think there a quite a few more players out there with my mentality. And I would also think that taking action to remove the trolls would largely make playing the game a better experience for a chunk of the player population.

Back in the previous seasons, we actually didn't have that many trolls and the queues were still pretty empty. Skanks and queue syncers were usually a much bigger problem, and for the most part most people don't care.

As long as rating decreases people will not play. No one wants to be up on a huge chart with a 1000 rating, whether they actually deserve it for being bad, or whether they just got unlucky with the people they were grouped with/against. This is the main reason why people who qsync and skank enough to reach the required 1600+ rating stop queuing afterwards. Even if everything was fixed, ranked will still be a ghost town as long as we keep this current ELO system. People will not queue if they will end up losing something, especially if it is a situation where they have limited control.

Think of it this way, you walk into a store and they ask you to spin a wheel in order to get a prize. Almost everyone will spin right? Well, how many people would spin if there was a "penalty" on the wheel of say ... doubling the cost of what you wanted to purchase (and you would have no choice but to pay of course)? Probably not many.

Back in the previous seasons, we actually didn't have that many trolls and the queues were still pretty empty. Skanks and queue syncers were usually a much bigger problem, and for the most part most people don't care.

As long as rating decreases people will not play. No one wants to be up on a huge chart with a 1000 rating, whether they actually deserve it for being bad, or whether they just got unlucky with the people they were grouped with/against. This is the main reason why people who qsync and skank enough to reach the required 1600+ rating stop queuing afterwards. Even if everything was fixed, ranked will still be a ghost town as long as we keep this current ELO system. People will not queue if they will end up losing something, especially if it is a situation where they have limited control.

Think of it this way, you walk into a store and they ask you to spin a wheel in order to get a prize. Almost everyone will spin right? Well, how many people would spin if there was a "penalty" on the wheel of say ... doubling the cost of what you wanted to purchase (and you would have no choice but to pay of course)? Probably not many.

That is a good point. But how to improve that situation while still giving some semblance of "bragging rights" to encourage folks to still queue up? Maybe having unique appearing rewards without the public rating leader boards, and use ELO for matchmaking only? Or something more intricate?

That is a good point. But how to improve that situation while still giving some semblance of "bragging rights" to encourage folks to still queue up? Maybe having unique appearing rewards without the public rating leader boards, and use ELO for matchmaking only? Or something more intricate?

Make sure the rating only goes up but not down. Winning makes your rating go up, losing does nothing. Winning against players with higher rating will make your rating go up faster, winning against lower rating people will make it go up slower. Definitely make the rating go up slower than it is now, but make sure it is high enough so only winners (or people who have absolutely no lives) get top prizes.

People who constantly win will still stay on top, people who don't will not get to their level. Add a gear check to make it seem a bit more "rankish" and you're done.

Nothing BW can do short of having a live human referee can stop trolling or win trading. But at least this way it doesn't sting as much. If I win trade/troll on my characters currently, my teammates are hurt because their rating goes down and they stop queuing. If I win trade/troll in the system I propose I will get cursed out and hated, but people will keep queuing.

For Yolo:

Premiership type restrictions to entry and continued queuing.

Proper autohandicapping of matches based on ELO and team balance.

These two fix everything....