The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Resorting to "lol" now ?

Feel free to throw in some "lmao" too, I am sure it will validate your point more.

Lmao lol qft brb bbq

Resorting to going after an innocent note of laughter at the end of a statement that I am glad that the rules aren't flagged for FFA PVP on fleet... yeah, you're the voice of reason here :rolleyes:

To MOST players. Those that are bothered by it are welcome to quit or stay the hell away for a week...doesn't matter to me.

And that is the whole point. There are a small portion of the playerbase who do not like this event, but have zero ability to avoid it, without paying credits to do so. That should never, ever happen.

Again, for me personally, if I could kill the infected, I would probably love the event. As it stands I cannot, but am told that I can stop playing for a week to avoid it, or just "suck it up".

I know you see my point.

You're trying to change the context of my analogy which was a good one. You didn't think of it but are a brilliant person just the same.

Real life can't?

Haven't you seen Falling Down? And Lrn2 monster truck.

Your analogy was a good one ? if you really think that you should probably send me a sample of what you are smoking right now, i don't know what it is but i really want some.

Furian said it, you can't compare an enterainement with a neccesity.

For the last 2 references, no i haven't seen them, but it really doesn't change anything.

Lmao lol qft brb bbq

Resorting to going after an innocent note of laughter at the end of a statement that I am glad that the rules aren't flagged for FFA PVP on fleet... yeah, you're the voice of reason here :rolleyes:

Feel free to laugh as much as you like, no need to go to the trouble of typing three letters to tell everyone you did it.

Back to the point at hand, you disagree that the infected should be flagged for same faction PVP? If so, please feel free to explain why.

Because enjoyment is subjective. You are a self-proclaimed solo'ist. What you want differs from what I want. What works for me, doesn't always work for you.

And the difference is, here as in many other issues that are discussed, that those of us who don't want to do this event don't want to take away your enjoyment, we just want you to not lessen our enjoyment of the game while it's going on.

Based on the responses, I'm stating to wonder if maybe the fun for some people who like this event comes from the very fact that they ARE allowed to inflict their activities on other players.

To MOST players. Those that are bothered by it are welcome to quit or stay the hell away for a week...doesn't matter to me.

Perfect example -- absolutely no regard for whether the targets find this nonsense fun or not, just dive right in, and if they don't like it, well, they shouldn't have logged in this week, right? :rolleyes:

"If you didn't want to get slapped around and sprayed with water, you shouldn't have come down this hallway."

"If you didn't want to have your head shaved or to be taped to the goalpost, you shouldn't have joined the team."

Look up any article about the excuses and rationalizations made by those who engage in bullying and hazing, and the parallels are numerous and crystal clear.

That was the point of my earlier comment -- not that this rises to the level of actual real-world physical or psychological bullying, but that the thinking that allows some to consider it an acceptable behavior and that those who object are the ones with the problem is very similar at the root.

What part do you really not enjoy? Is it the 30 seconds to pick up a vaccine? Is it the sound? The smell? The remote possibility you can be caught by surprise and get infected? A few weak mobs spawning on Corellia?

Why do you hate it other than the fact that it is happening and you don't want it to?

The very fact that a bunch of damn childish trolls get to go around inflicting their "fun" on other players, and if the other players don't want to participate, the onus is placed on them to opt out.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

So... I find this event fun but literally, looking at the reputation vendor makes me NOT want to go through with it.

Am I the only one not impressed or zany about the reputation awards? The colouring is just a shame!

I guess this time there is the cool looking plants you can buy for strongholds.

- Arcada

Feel free to laugh as much as you like, no need to go to the trouble of typing three letters to tell everyone you did it.

Back to the point at hand, you disagree that the infected should be flagged for same faction PVP? If so, please feel free to explain why.

Well, since it's purely a hypothetical situation. Mostly it comes from not wanting to see fleet devolve into open warfare. 150 people per instance, 50% infected... you'd have 75 on 75 pvp. That's a lot of extra animations and graphics on fleet on top of the rendering of the characters.

Honestly, it is understanding the issues it would cause with performance more than anything else.

Your analogy was a good one ? if you really think that you should probably send me a sample of what you are smoking right now, i don't know what it is but i really want some.

Furian said it, you can't compare an enterainement with a neccesity.

For the last 2 references, no i haven't seen them, but it really doesn't change anything.

Yeah I can. The problem is when people are too silly to recognize the point and instead fixate on what they want it to be.

And that is the whole point. There are a small portion of the playerbase who do not like this event, but have zero ability to avoid it, without paying credits to do so. That should never, ever happen.

Again, for me personally, if I could kill the infected, I would probably love the event. As it stands I cannot, but am told that I can stop playing for a week to avoid it, or just "suck it up".

I know you see my point.

Well, you can just die and then it's gone too...that costs you 0 credits.

I understand you don't like the event, but it's a week of the change...players can adapt for a week, even if they don't like it.

And the difference is, here as in many other issues that are discussed, that those of us who don't want to do this event don't want to take away your enjoyment, we just want you to not lessen our enjoyment of the game while it's going on.

Based on the responses, I'm stating to wonder if maybe the fun for some people who like this event comes from the very fact that they ARE allowed to inflict their activities on other players.

The very fact that a bunch of damn childish trolls get to go around inflicting their "fun" on other players, and if the other players don't want to participate, the onus is placed on them to opt out.

It can't be trolling if it is part of the event. :rak_03:

And yeah, nothing wrong with the default being your opted in. So what... a few seconds at any med droid and you're opted out. It's not that bad.

And yet people wonder why bullying never goes away.

"If you didn't want to be pushed around, you shouldn't have come down my hallway."

Oh well.

More like, I'm handing out flyers to everyone in the hallways. People who don't want the flyers put their hands up in a 'no' gesture, people who do want them take them, and then you don't want to put your hand up because... you're being victimized by the fact I'm indiscriminately handing out flyers? :?

Well, since it's purely a hypothetical situation. Mostly it comes from not wanting to see fleet devolve into open warfare. 150 people per instance, 50% infected... you'd have 75 on 75 pvp. That's a lot of extra animations and graphics on fleet on top of the rendering of the characters.

Honestly, it is understanding the issues it would cause with performance more than anything else.

So then knowing this, if you're infected you should not be allowed on fleet at all. It shouldn't occur on Fleet to begin with.

It should be a quarantine - if you are infected, little red words say "You can not go onto the Fleet while you are infected". If you're allowed on fleet, infected, and spawn camping the Fleet to infect people, then game on. I want to flame throw you just like it says we're supposed to do.

So, to improve the event and make it more "realistic", ban the infected from the fleet?

Says who? Do you have an official source saying a vast majority of players love the event? Did you create a toon on every server and ask every player if they loved the event?

Says me. Go prove most DON'T like it if you like.

You just put your finger on it. The sad fact is that some people haven't found any other way to exist than by interfering with other people's life.

So, to improve the event and make it more "realistic", ban the infected from the fleet?

Ebola patients can board cruise ships and fly on commercial airlines...banning seems extreme.

Instead, maybe allow other players to vaccinate the infected?! Those mechanics already exist in many forms.

So then knowing this, if you're infected you should not be allowed on fleet at all. It shouldn't occur on Fleet to begin with.

It should be a quarantine - if you are infected, little red words say "You can not go onto the Fleet while you are infected". If you're allowed on fleet, infected, and spawn camping the Fleet to infect people, then game on. I want to flame throw you just like it says we're supposed to do.

^ This.

More like, I'm handing out flyers to everyone in the hallways. People who don't want the flyers put their hands up in a 'no' gesture, people who do want them take them, and then you don't want to put your hand up because... you're being victimized by the fact I'm indiscriminately handing out flyers? :?

No, the Raktroll event is the equivalent of someone spraying shaving cream all over anyone who doesn't go out and buy a red hat to wear whenever they're in public for an entire week.

Why do you hate it other than the fact that it is happening and you don't want it to?

Simply put, when the Bounty contract week comes, you can hunt or you can just disregard it, same for the Gree event.

With the Rackghoul you can't, the event Forces you to take a part in it or Forces you to pay 2000cr every 6 hours for not playing a part in it.

If i were to use a real life analogy like the people who like these event so much that they are ready to shove it down our throats, it is like an army conscription, you are either part of the military for a period of time, or you have enough money to pay yourself out of it.

Expept this is a game, actually made for enjoyment, and when you don't find the event fun or attractive, paying 2000cr to not be a part of it is feels like a punishment.

This event has the mechanism of a school bully : you didn't want me to throw your book on the ground ? you should have bought a bag then.

Says me. Go prove most DON'T like it if you like.

So you do admit that you have no way of proving most people like the event. And it's not up to me to prove something.

What you're saying amounts to saying "God exists but I don't have to prove it. It's up to you to prove he doesn't". It's fallacious, and it's discrediting your side of the argument.

Edited by Darth_Furian

I didn't realize all fun and events had to pass the 100% realism or bust rule...

But if they made that a rule, I would work around it. They didn't, so I don't.

As it stands, maybe they trust the heroes of the Republic and Empire to be smart enough not to contaminate fleet... maybe the pilots of all those Emergency Fleet Pass shuttles are just dimwitted. It's not on me to explain why the rules are the way they are.

I am flexible and adapt; and I do get a laugh out of watching Stage 2 infected drop from the VIP area.

Simply put, when the Bounty contract week comes, you can hunt or you can just disregard it, same for the Gree event.

With the Rackghoul you can't, the event Forces you to take a part in it or Forces you to pay 2000cr every 6 hours for not playing a part in it.

If i were to use a real life analogy like the people who like these event so much that they are ready to shove it down our throats, it is like an army conscription, you are either part of the military for a period of time, or you have enough money to pay yourself out of it.

Expept this is a game, actually made for enjoyment, and when you don't find the event fun or attractive, paying 2000cr to not be a part of it is feels like a punishment.

This event has the mechanism of a school bully : you didn't want me to throw your book on the ground ? you should have bought a bag then.

There are kids who actually do get beat up and harassed and you have the audacity of equating it with having to spend 2k credits per 6 hours to not get the rakghoul plague... think about that for a second...