The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

Your fun is ruinning the fun of others

Our fun is based on the fact that we just want to be left alone

It does not matter if your opinion is wider than ours, the opinion of a bully no matter how many they are is still a bad opinion.

Actually you are wrong, for the next week, i don't feel like i want to play, so i have nothing better to do than "whine on these forums"

Why ?, because a part of this event spoils my fun, and when it spoils my fun, i don't feel like to play, so, i come here whining, and hoping that our combined whining gets vocal enough so that at the very least the vaccine gets free.

Principle of realism ? Really ?

This is a game made by Electronic Arts you are talking about, a compagny that ****s with logic more often than you hear the B word per breaking bad episode, which in this case is rather an advantage.

Get yourself together, dude, this is a game, you only take the realism you need and discard the rest, that is common sense.

Encouraging people to play an event is not done by using the stick, it's done by using the carrot, use the stick for something they don't want and you make them flee (good thing the event is temporary), it's as simple as that, and the guy who thought otherwise and ordered this to be develloped has to be a really big *** moron.

Being left along should not inconvenience you at all if this event was done right, istead it is us who are inconvenienced, and i return you why should we have to be inconvenienced because of you ? Because you are more numerous ? this is the argument of a bully.

Instead of blaming the victims

For once Do the Right thing : Blame the Bully

Dude. The vaccine is 2k. Killing 5 packs of mobs on any daily zone will get you the credits to buy it. The vaccine does almost NOTHING to you, even dying from it doesn't even trigger a repair bill.

If you want a vaccine that lasts forever, DO THE EVENT AND GET AN ANTIVIRAL KIT.

*********** whiners.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our fun is based on the fact that we just want to be left alone

for the next week, i don't feel like i want to play, so i have nothing better to do than "whine on these forums"

Why ?, because a part of this event spoils my fun, and when it spoils my fun, i don't feel like to play, so, i come here whining, and hoping that our combined whining gets vocal enough so that at the very least the vaccine gets free.

Half of MY fun during this event is reading the posts from whiners.

If you want a vaccine that lasts forever, DO THE EVENT AND GET AN ANTIVIRAL KIT.

So you're saying that the best way for us to not be bothered by the event is to actually... Do the event?

I'm gonna let you think it through. I'm sure you'll manage to figure out by yourself what's wrong with that.

YOU brought up the RP aspect...not me.

And really?! Victims?! LOL! This lasts a week...calm down. Buy your stim or step outside if you're getting so worked up over it, I don't care either way...I like the event and I'm glad it's back!

I think you will find that you were the first out of the two of us to reference RP

Clearly this is an RP event far more than it's PvP...PvP is just the requirement to RP correctly.

That is not the point.

Point being, why does paying player A, need his/her fun diminished by paying/F2P player B?

You can talk semantics all night about how people should and should not feel about the event. The bottom line is, some people do not like it, and they have zero recourse whatsoever other than to stop playing during the event, and as you know, that has been the case since the very first ghoul event, which incidentally was loads better than this crap.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I think you will find that you were the first out of the two of us to reference RP

Clearly this is an RP event far more than it's PvP...PvP is just the requirement to RP correctly.

That is not the point.

Point being, why does paying player A, need his/her fun diminished by paying/F2P player B?

You can talk semantics all night about how people should and should feel about the event. The bottom line is, some people do not like it, and they have zero recourse whatsoever other than to stop playing during the event, and as you know, that has been the case since the very first ghoul event, which incidentally was loads better than this crap.

What is with this mentality that you are entitled to recourse every time something goes against your whims?

The fact that you feel your fun is diminished by the social aspects of the event speaks more to the player than the event.

You can talk semantics all night about how people should and should feel about the event. The bottom line is, some people do not like it, and they have zero recourse whatsoever other than to stop playing during the event, and as you know, that has been the case since the very first ghoul event, which incidentally was loads better than this crap.

It's an online game. This is an event in that game. There are still plenty of things you can do to avoid getting the plague without getting the vaccine, like staying in your house or leveling an alt. It's not a big deal at all and the people whining about this are being petty and ridiculous. The event lasts one week...everyone can suck it up.

I never thought playing SWTOR MMO I'd have to worry about things like spawn camping, but.......apparently during this event, I was wrong. :D

I wonder how those who defend how this event plays out would feel about a one-sided PvP event that can take place anywhere. I bet that'd go over well.

Edited by Code_Airwolf

And I don't want any traffic in front of me when I'm driving. Yet I drive, and you play an MMO. KOTOR and Skyrim are great, you should check them out.

And i have modded them both to the extent that they have nothing more than their names telling what they were at the origin.

Anyway your analogy with driving is irrelevant, this is a game, and a game is developped, it can be adapted and changed, real life can't

Add in BW defenders and I agree.

I'm certainly not a Bioware defender...but this event is a non-issue. If it lasted more than a week, then go ahead and complain...but it doesn't...anyone, even the most socially awkward, can suck it up for a week.

Because it's much more difficult to hit the daily caps and achievement caps if people just switch off the event.

It's just a week, you aren't seriously inconvenienced... and if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

With the fully-stocked and locked Stronghold, it's appropriately a small concern as an individual player.

I'm sorry that Bioware designed a crummy objective into that mission -- but those who do not wish to participate in the event are, simply put, not in the game to make others' mission objectives easier, or even achievable at all.

It seems that so many issues discussed here come down to this basic point -- who is willing to make the game less enjoyable for others to further their personal enjoyment of it, versus who truly wants a live-and-let-live situation where everyone gets to have their enjoyment of the game.

And I don't want any traffic in front of me when I'm driving. Yet I drive, and you play an MMO.

You are comparing playing a video game with driving. In other words you are comparing an entertainment with a necessity (unless you get into traffic for your personal pleasure which I doubt). Your comparison doesn't work.

What is with this mentality that you are entitled to recourse every time something goes against your whims?

The fact that you feel your fun is diminished by the social aspects of the event speaks more to the player than the event.

Then, allow the infected to be flagged for PVP, then we are all happy right?

They can run around infecting people, socially of course as you suggest, and those who are merely following THORNS instructions, can kill them on sight. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever,

Unless of course, that might not pander to YOUR whims this time?

Then, allow the infected to be flagged for PVP, then we are all happy right?

They can run around infecting people, socially of course as you suggest, and those who are merely following THORNS instructions, can kill them on sight. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever,

Unless of course, that might not pander to YOUR whims this time?

If those were the rules, I would deal with them as such.

The rules are far less obnoxious than that and for that I am grateful, lol.

So you're saying that the best way for us to not be bothered by the event is to actually... Do the event?

I'm gonna let you think it through. I'm sure you'll manage to figure out by yourself what's wrong with that.

LOL Give it some time.

The announcement even says those infected need to be incinerated. Let me flame throw them, then, when I spawn and get infected by a spawn camper!!!

Who am I forcing to participate? All you have to do is buy a vaccine; what you're doing is not participating. Get over yourself - you're not being victimized.

And yet people wonder why bullying never goes away.

"If you didn't want to be pushed around, you shouldn't have come down my hallway."

Oh well.

You beat me to it.

The "logic" there is... astounding, as you point out.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Every time this event happens it seems everyone hates it. Does anyone actually enjoy it? Can you benefit at all from it, get anything out of it? What's the objective? Credit sink? I read up on the mission on dulfy I believe it was last time this event happened, is that it? I've been lucky to have avoided it still thus far, just noticed every time this event is announced it seems pretty much everyone hates it or tries to avoid it. LOL

I love this event! You can get some cool gear and its a good XP event for leveling your characters.

And i have modded them both to the extent that they have nothing more than their names telling what they were at the origin.

Anyway your analogy with driving is irrelevant, this is a game, and a game is developped, it can be adapted and changed, real life can't

You're trying to change the context of my analogy which was a good one. You didn't think of it but are a brilliant person just the same.

Real life can't?

Haven't you seen Falling Down? And Lrn2 monster truck.

And yet people wonder why bullying never goes away.

"If you didn't want to be pushed around, you shouldn't have come down my hallway."

Wait wait wait...this is now "bullying" to you?! OMG....get thicker skin...that is the most ridiculous statement I've read on these forums...congrats Max.

With the fully-stocked and locked Stronghold, it's appropriately a small concern as an individual player.

I'm sorry that Bioware designed a crummy objective into that mission -- but those who do not wish to participate in the event are, simply put, not in the game to make others' mission objectives easier, or even achievable at all.

It seems that so many issues discussed here come down to this basic point -- who is willing to make the game less enjoyable for others to further their personal enjoyment of it, versus who truly wants a live-and-let-live situation where everyone gets to have their enjoyment of the game.

Because enjoyment is subjective. You are a self-proclaimed solo'ist. What you want differs from what I want. What works for me, doesn't always work for you.

And for 3-4 weeks a year, yeah, suck it up buttercup. You have to figure out how to deal with the Rakghoul event... the level of whining over this event is laughable.

What part do you really not enjoy? Is it the 30 seconds to pick up a vaccine? Is it the sound? The smell? The remote possibility you can be caught by surprise and get infected? A few weak mobs spawning on Corellia?

Why do you hate it other than the fact that it is happening and you don't want it to?