enough with starting wz's 8 vs 4, or 8 vs 5 !

Feztonio

we get it. you dont want cross server even though the player base has been asking for years; but if we're going to wait for ages for a que pop can you at least make sure the sides are fair and equal? 8v4 in an eight-man pvp map is utter rubbish. then the slow trickle of filling and rage-quits and you never have a full 8, until the team that began with 8 has all 3 nodes and has your 4 or 5 pinned near spawn and is just grief slaughtering for giggles.

no cross server que, no class balance, no decent rewards, and a myriad of other things that make pvp less than it should be. can we at least start with even amounts of players? why on earth is that too much to ask for?

I think they get that, but what can be done about it? If your server population is so low that backfills take too long, what can they do to fix it? Add NPCs to your side? Cross-server queues would be a solution, but they have said that it's not going to happen. More server merges are the only other solution that I can see.

I play on the harbinger, and it's really not an issue. Backfills typically happen very fast.

EDIT: Ok, so I think you are suggesting that they pull players from the opposing side to balance teams? So, if team A has 8 and team B has 4, then pull two at random from team A and put them on team B (6v6)? What if one team is imps and the other team is pubs? Is it ok to break up the factions like that? You may not care, but I'm sure that many do. How mad would the players be that got pulled from a winning team and thrown onto a losing one?

Really, it all boils down to queue population. You have the option to leave a no-win situation (which is what others on your team did), but then of course the long queue times make that really frustrating - a problem which is alleviated by queue population.

Edited by teclado

I think they get that, but what can be done about it? If your server population is so low that backfills take too long, what can they do to fix it? Add NPCs to your side? Cross-server queues would be a solution, but they have said that it's not going to happen. More server merges are the only other solution that I can see.

I play on the harbinger, and it's really not an issue. Backfills typically happen very fast.

EDIT: Ok, so I think you are suggesting that they pull players from the opposing side to balance teams? So, if team A has 8 and team B has 4, then pull two at random from team A and put them on team B (6v6)? What if one team is imps and the other team is pubs? Is it ok to break up the factions like that? You may not care, but I'm sure that many do. How mad would the players be that got pulled from a winning team and thrown onto a losing one?

Really, it all boils down to queue population. You have the option to leave a no-win situation (which is what others on your team did), but then of course the long queue times make that really frustrating - a problem which is alleviated by queue population.

If team A is imps and outnumbers team B who is pubs by more than two players, they could simply remove the excess players from team A and add to that team as team B gets new players. I guess they could do that if both teams were of the same faction, but I would prefer if they could move players over to balance it out (assuming both teams are of the same faction).

Of course this should only occur before the match starts, once it starts the system should not kick any players just to even the numbers.

Edited by Jaden_Antilles